Alan Pardew at West Bromwich Albion 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperRash

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Guess who’s back, back again..

Chunky pardew is back ladies and gents. Here's to hoping he screws pool over again this season.

The man is a complete tool and I'm sure he'll do his usual trick of getting things going for a few months before everyone starts to hate him and he gets sacked.

I hope WBA go down now. Hate Pardew. The only good thing to come out of this is that he isn't on Sky Sports trying to be a pundit anymore. Did anyone see him on there? His terrible. Not as terrible as Souness. Obviously no one is as bad as Graeme Souness at anything in life. But still poor.

Oh yeah he was terrible as a pundit, he’s just a thoroughly unlikeable guy. He is definitely on a par with Souness and McManaman as annoying pundits.

He’s got a decent track record and I would say WBA have enough quality to stay up but part of me now wants them to fail.

Premier League: West Bromwich Albion 0-0 Crystal Palace - 2nd December 2017

Played 1
Won 0
Drawn 1
Lost 0
Points 1
Goals For 0
Goals Against 0

WBA training camp: Pardew robbed, atmosphere 'rotten' - Football365

1 league win
Bottom of the league
Knocked out of the cup at home to Southampton
Star striker charged with racism

Not sure a p*ss up with Pards in Barcelona is what the team needed, it’s a very old skool tactic but not sure how well it goes down with modern pros seems clubs go for the warm weather training in Dubai these days as players know they have to behave.

I hope that’s the last we see of him but no doubt he’ll be back on sky pedelling his nonsense in a few weeks and will walk into another job next season.

His old school methods are done so badly they don’t work just see that shambles of a trip to Barcelona and it’s clear the players had no respect for him.

Seems more interested in being one of the lads than coaching his players to be better footballers or coming up with clever tactical plans.

Bet he lists his main strength as man motivation even though everyone hates him.

He will be back on our screens slagging off other managers tactics and sides by the weekend now!

He will be back on our screens slagging off other managers tactics and sides by the weekend now!
Yeah no doubt he will rear his ugly head on Sky soon enough.

To be fair there isn’t much he could have done with that WBA squad, they are pretty awful. They don’t have many quality attackers that can make things happen. Rondon can be very good on his day, Chadli looks okay on occasions but beyond that it is slim pickings.

Not that Pardew helped himself, he is a very outdated manager and really doesn’t look like he could go anywhere and turn it around. I think he’ll get a Championship gig but his ego will probably think he’s better than the Championship now.

I think he was the wrong choice they’ve got a pulis squad so they need a pulis coach which was an organiser the man for them was big Sam. I think he weakened their strength which was the defence by trying to please fans to be more attacking but that squad couldn’t play attacking football.

I guess they pinned a lot of hope on Sturridge coming in January but that plan flopped and their midfield is so slow and cumbersome full of old veterans no real spark or creativity.

I did read some senior players might have been the problem. Sabotage?

I think there are to many players at that club who live comfortable lives and are winding down careers, lots of British lads as well so wouldn't be surprised if there's a bit of a drinking culture and a lack of professionalism from some. I don't think a guy like Pardew helps if you've got a few guys who like a drink because he will try and harness that but I don't think that sort of team bonding works.

They looked to me like a team who were being poorly coached under Pulis they were built on a tight defence, Pardew attempted to change that but changing that mid season with the same squad is impossible because those players are not good enough to play another way.

You have to question how many players at that club really care about it as most of them probably think they'll be straight back to the PL or Europe if WBA go down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back