Sanchez has unbalanced the team.

Red Warrior

So we won 4 games pre Sanchez in Jan with Pogba and Martial playing in all 4.

Since then we have played 6 games, Pogba and Martial have been dropped for 4 of the 6 and we have lost 2 and drawn 1.

Martials confidence has obviously been dented by the Sanchez arriva and Pogba's game is all over the place too since he came with maybe a rift with the manager going on. And Sanchez hasn't really come in and set the world on fire.

It's not Sanchez fault at all, I think we bought him just cos he was available and he is world class but we have no plan for him. Can you tell me another coach that would replace arguably our best player mid season with another player that is slightly better? This time of the season is know as 'the business end' where we need to be fighting and winning games. Top 4 is going to be a battle now and we have an unsettled team.

I personally think Jose should get Sanchez on the right, Martial back on left with Lukaku in the middle and settle the team back down.

Thoughts?

I don't get this they have had their confidence knocked. If you are that weak leave the club. If you want to play, prove you are better than the man in front. And if Martial was our best player then you can see why we have problems. He was doing ok, but nothing special. Our squad is average and have too much of a high opinion of themselves. I'm glad Sanchez has come in. A proper quality player who actually looks like he cars about the results. The other should watch and learn from him.

In sirs prime we always got good players in, the players in the team liked it, helped them improve, that's the way it should be.

I agree but why not put Sanchez on the right or centre where we are crying out for a decent player instead of playing him in a position where we were ok?

The games you reference were Everton Derby Stoke and Burnley hardly difficult games.

The games we’ve dropped point in are Newcastle (A) Tottenham (A) Sevilla (A) the Newcastle game we shouldn’t be dropping points but between Martial And Sanchez we should have scored 4! The other two games you can accept dropped points.

However in the 4 games before the 4 we won we lost 1 drew 3. Against Bristol Leicester Burnley Southampton. The team haven’t been playing well for a while! Sanchez is certainly not the cause here.

All good points and as you say we've been struggling for a while but I feel we're struggling even more now for some reason.

Sanchez arrival has defo unsettled us which ever way you look at it.

I think the biggest thing it’s done is bruise a few egos. Lukaku is looking over his should in case Sanchez gets put through the middle. Martial in case he goes down the right and Pogba because he’s no longer the biggest earner or shirt seller at the club.

And look what 3 are rumoured to be moaning.

Imagine Scholes stropping because we bought in Veron and increased competition.

Not too sure Lukaku is worried, he's Jose's undroppable pet lol

I'm just frustrated Jose isn't playing Sanchez right and keep Martial in the team. I think we would have a good balance, even if its just until the end of the season.

When all players are on form and uninjured could you imagine, on our day, how good we could be with this:

Pogba - Matic - Herrera
Martial - Lukaku - Sanchez

It hasn't unbalanced the team at all we're still playing the same way the issue really is teams have started taking chances against us that they weren't taking previously and Pogba has gone off the boil. An in form Pogba makes a massive difference to this team and I'm not sure we've really been playing that well since September. Since the end of September in all comps we've had 3 games which we've won by a margin of 3 goals of more Yeovil (a), Newcastle (h), Stoke (h).

Before Sanchez signed we beat Burnley (a), Stoke (h), Everton (a) & Derby (h) which are basically cannon fodder since Sanchez we've lost to Spurs & Newcastle (a), drawn Seville (a) and beaten Yeovil & Huddersfield (a) plus Huddersfield (h).

Could the change in fortunes simply be we've had a run of 5 away games out of 6 games in all comps and our away form has been sketchy before and after Sanchez.

It's easy to point the finger at the new guy but this problem has been lingering for much longer the defence has started making more mistakes, Matic looks dead on his feet in midfield, Pogba is either out of form or playing injured, Lingard's burst of form has come to an end, Lukaku is still struggling for goals especially in the league etc. Yes Sanchez hasn't been the catalyst we hoped he might be but it really isn't worse than it was before he came and given a bit more time I think it will improve

Yep he hasn’t unbalanced the team at all, we were playing like this before but now teams are taking their chances and we are not.

We have had players gone off the boil such as Pogba, our defence has looked increasingly shaky and teams are taking their chances. I think we have bigger problems than lambasting Sanchez for unbalancing the team. He is still finding his feet here and sometimes that happens. He is world class and he will come good but to say he’s unbalanced us is absurd.

I think the defence is being unsettled a lot I don’t see why we don’t just play Shaw every game? He hardly played in first few months so should have plenty in the tank. Give him a rest when he needs one Young is really struggling at LB especially in bigger games I think just rotate him and Valencia on the right as neither can play twice a week.

The CBs are being changed a lot due to injury Smalling seems to be the consistent starter it’s time to put the same partner with him for a few weeks hopefully with Bailly back this happens. Right now I don’t think anyone knows what our best CB pairing actually is?

In midfield we are all over the place Carrick is basically part time, Herrera/Fellaini are injured, Pogba has had a recent slump, Matic has been struggling for months and Lingard’s little burst of form seems over. McTominay is steady and doing ok but Utd need more from central midfield I think he needs Pogba & Matic to get back to their best quick so he can be the 3rd man and learn from them.

Up top Lukaku is struggling he’s not really creating chances for himself and others aren’t really creating chances for him. We’ve got 3 wide players who all want to play on the left side and Mata who drifts so far inside from the right we don’t really have anyone out there also his lack of speed means he’s not really able to be part of counter attacks. Again like the defence I’d be happy to just stick with the same 3 and try to get something going.

I think fundamentally our squad is still to big and their isn’t an obvious starting XI that has emerged to many players who aren’t good enough not enough world class players making the team pick itself. I think it’s become to easy for him to change it and because he has so many to keep happy he has to keep changing it.

Sanchez has kind of just been doing what Mhiki was doing his own thing and hoping something comes off but very little actually does. Still think there’s been enough bright sparks he was MOTM in 2 of his first 6 games 1 goal and I think 3 assists but it’s not Sanchez playing badly or Pogba or Matic it’s an entire team apart from our keeper that hasn’t been playing well consistently for months now. I think that’s an issue where you need to start looking at the manager and saying you need to sort this out because if we don’t we will end up 5th or 6th again.

How many under performing good players do we need to see before we realise the cause of the issue?

Would it be a fair point to suggest he wasn't in red hot form when we brought him? He stalled badly towards the end at Arsenal and it takes a player time to get his mojo back. Add that in with a new club. New manager. New team mates. New home. Surely we won't see the best of Alexis this season anyway?

It's one of the reasons the winter window is frowned upon because there's no pre season to bed players in.

I personally don't think his done that bad. There's glimpses of a special player that we've all seen. His just not reached the standards that he is capable of setting, and I think the cloud that he left Arsenal under hasn't helped him settle.

My only concern with signing Sanchez was his age we have probably got him towards the end of his peak but like RVP might only get 1-2 good seasons out of him but a good rest in the summer his first summer with no internationals for 4 seasons.

I think we will see him at his best next season but he could make some big contributions in the run in this year.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back