Football Manager 25 years old

Haha loved it mate, lost days on that, leaving my mates at 4am to sneak back into the house to get some sleep before school!

Just bought my copy ha started off as Wolves with a massive budget of 8m squid!

I found it got to complicated to be able to dip in and out of in later years but I know a few years back they did an "arcade" mode which kind of made it like the 90's versions where you just played matches and signed/sold players, I'm all for dumbing down computer games give me Mario Kart over Gran Tourismo every day I don't want to have to consider using a brake button haha!

haha mate you should see it now, it took me a night to sort out my tactics its insane!!! Yeah the championship manager where Cantona etc use to just score about 70 in a season haha brilliant!

Mario Kart on the wii was superb, 32 races, 3 mates round hammer it all night haha

I remember trying to sign Maldini used to save it then blow my entire budget then when the board wouldn't give me the wages he wanted I'd do the "ultimatum" thing which normally resulted in getting sacked.

I remember abusing the editor quite a bit to stack the Utd team full of my favourite players.

Remember reading a book called football manger ruined my life and there's actual cases where football manager has been named in divorce papers as the reason for the breakdown of the marriage.

Haha that is quite possibly the best thing I have ever heard!!!! My missus was at me last night about it, "that looks like to much work" sshhh babe im about to unearth a wonderkid that I didn't google lol

There's all sorts of stuff about guys losing jobs, wives, children over the obsession.

The normal stuff about someone admitting to putting a suit on to play the cup final and some guy who took the open top bus tour around his town with a pretend trophy pretending to show it off.

There were profiles on the "wonderkids" one of them was called To Madiera and he was actually a complete mistake and didn't even exist someone filed out the scouting report wrong and the guys in the office didn't spot it so they created a guy in the game who didn't exist and gave the him the maximum potential rating so he became a superstar.

Another story was about a guy who worked at the company behind it and he was in charge of the database so every year they put him in the game as a scout and if you appointed him he was the best scout in the game by miles so he'd direct you to all the players with hidden stats that you can't see.

Work ruined it for me I sit in front of a laptop all day so the thought of spending my evenings doing it didn't really appeal to me.

I need to read this book! Open top parade around town with a fake trophy! Mate that is sensational haha

Yeah im the same bud not played it for about 6 years but thought I would give this year a crack and its about ten times more complicated than I remember haha, more fifa these days than footy manager but will see how I get on with Wolves!

They made FIFA to hard as well I'm stuck at Pro Evo 4 I don't care if it wasn't realistic it was simple controls and the refs were the right level of strict that if you dared press slide tackle it wasn't an instant red card like it is on FIFA now.

I know it's gone much more down the hardcore gamer route now but I much prefer the simple old versions of games, I guess simple games for simple minds is how I'd put it haha. I don't need video games adding extra levels of stress to my life.

I keep contemplating downloading the Ipad version of football manager but never get round to actually doing it.

I actually interviewed for a Job with them. Got the job but turned it down as a better opportunity arose.

I recommend the Podcast ‘Quickly Kevin will he score’ on there there’s an episode with the founder of FM

haha mate you should see it now, it took me a night to sort out my tactics its insane!!! Yeah the championship manager where Cantona etc use to just score about 70 in a season haha brilliant!

Mario Kart on the wii was superb, 32 races, 3 mates round hammer it all night haha

I had the 4th best time in the world around 3 different tracks at one point when I used to get stoned play FM and whack out the time trials. Now I haven’t touched anything in a while

I actually interviewed for a Job with them. Got the job but turned it down as a better opportunity arose.

I recommend the Podcast ‘Quickly Kevin will he score’ on there there’s an episode with the founder of FM

Got a backlog of them will see if I can find it been enjoying that podcast.

My missus was at me last night about it, "that looks like to much work" sshhh babe im about to unearth a wonderkid that I didn't google lol
I’ve got one like that! Haha! They just don’t understand the journey we go through on FM.

I had the 4th best time in the world around 3 different tracks at one point when I used to get stoned play FM and whack out the time trials. Now I haven’t touched anything in a while

You had the 4th best time in the world??? Holy s*** mate thats mental, I was happy to get the best time out of the four of us playing haha

As Football Manager came up thought l'd give a quick summary of my file. Played 4 seasons now. My starting 11 is

Donnarumma

Azpilcueta Romagnoli Rugani Emerson

Verraiti Pogba

Malcom Asensio Greizemann

Pellegri

Felix D'Amico is my favourite player and got player of the season last season scoring 29 goals and getting 22 assist even though he wasn't in my best starting 11. Augustin is my back up striker. I've got a youngster called Sander Berge as my back up CM bought him first transfer window. Have just turned down £128m for him from PSG. I've got about 15 'wonderkids' in my squad.

Shaw Lindelof Pogba Rashford Gomes are the only United players I still have.

De Gea went to PSG for £85m after stropping all season. Lukaku went to Real Madrid for £75m. Martial Jones Smalling Fellaini all play for Tottenham! I got Azpi for £8m after he was transfer listed by request end of first season.

2 League Cups
2 FA Cups
2 League titles (3rd and 4th season. 3rd first season. 2nd second season)

I could never get into it, or Fifa

do you start at Man Utd or start low and work your way up?

I always do my first file with United. Then I do my second file file with Ebbsfleet or Barnet. First file just to get used to any changes before doing my long term file.

I'm half way through my 4th season with Wolves, starting 11 now is:

GK Radgovic

DL Theo Hernandez
DC Zouma
DC De Ligt
DR Alexander-Arnold

DMC Neves
MC Sousa (got him at 16 from Porto, sensational)
MC Horta

RW Chiesa (scored 25 last year and got about 20 assists)
LW Kean

CF Pellegri

I'm looking to replace Kean in the summer as he has begging to go to City, who have already signed 3 of my top players over the last two years!!!

Felix D'Amico he's not a AML by any chance is he!!!

He can play across all of the positions behind the striker. The guy is sensational. I paid something like £40m upfront with a further £30m once he reaches 50 goals.

I had that Kean on the last one was a star. Only position I really struggle finding players is full back. I've also got a youngster whose come through my youth system who looks like he's going to be a star. At 17 he got 56 in 31 for the U23's. Just promoted him to the first team to start next season on the bench.

I had 5 players get 20 plus goals last season. Malcom Griezmann Augustin D'Amico Asensio.

My number 1 striker didn't though! Haha!

Yeah seems to be the way with strikers, I had Cutrone who bagged nearly a goal a game then City snapped him off me for about 70m, bought Pinamonti who was class and he went to PSG I think so now got Pellegri haha lost the league last year on bloody goal difference to United, was devastated haha

Second season I lost the league by a point. 89th minute of the last game of the season Martial missed a penalty which would have won me the league. That was it didn’t play for me again.

After 4 seasons I’m still unbeaten at Old Trafford. Winning 75 of 76 league games at home. Different game away from home though!!

Haha jesus! I'm doing well now with Wolves, Neves drives me crazy he is class but must pick up 20 bookings a bloody season!

What formation do you go for, I have 433 at the minute but have flirted with two up top and 3 at the back, 433 though my inside forwards are heroes and gives a bit more control centre of the park

I play 4-2-3-1

Attacking full backs
Normal centre backs none of this ball playing nonsense
CM's are Deep Lying Playmaker (Verrati) Roaming Playermaker (Pogba)
AMC is just an attacking midfielder
Both wingers are Inside Forwards.
Striker in the Complete Forward role.

I contemplated reverting to a 4-3-3 changing the AMC to a DMC in away games see if that helps the problem. I did score 124 league goals last season so usually we'll just outscore the opposition. I was 8 points behind with 10 to go thankfully Chelsea fell apart. Even though they only conceded 8 goals all season.

My second season where I lost the league cos of the missed pens. I also lost the FA Cup final to Liverpool 4-0 (wtf???) and the Champions League final to Chelsea on penalties. My laptop almost got launched! Turned it off and didn't play for a week.

Haha winds me right up mate, I got beat in the FA Cup final two years on the god dam bounce, Champions league last year went out on penalties to Dortmund, I seem to be better away from home than at home but I can never beat Spurs, they beat me home and away every god dam year haha

I play 433 with:

Both full backs attacking
CBs same as you, defend dont be ball playing
DMC as deep lying playmaker
both CMs as attacking playmakers one support one attack
Both wingers as inside forwards one attack one support
CF as Complete CF

Don't seem to concede that many unless a daft mistake or a worldie, whats Pogba like on it, he is my dream CM for the attacking playmaker role but leaving United for Wolves, I won't hold my breath haha

Pogba infuriates me. Top quality player but he’s always itching for a move. PSG/Madrid/Barca I spend half my time playing the game answering questions about Pogbas future.

Also PSG are the biggest c*nts on the game. 8 of my starting 11 are wanted by them and all asked to leave to join em.

Strange that you’re better away from home. I just can’t get my head around how different my side is. We lost the first leg of the last 16 4-0 away from home. Went 2 down at Old Trafford first half. Won 7-2

Last season at Old Trafford in the league I scored 72 conceded 4

One thing that amused me last night. Under 23’s played Chelsea U23’s. Game finished 10-7 defeat. What sort of scoreline is that!

Love FM! it's always been a must for me when when it comes out.

Currently in my 5th season with Colchester United and got them to the prem. Bit of a random side but just fancied it. My game's got to a point now where it's all regens and youngsters. But a stand out real player for me has been hassane bande. The bloke is an machine either out wide or up top.

Haha 10-7 what the hell! Just bought your man D'Amico, scored on his debut haha City are the worst on mine, they just want everyone I have, drives me absolutely mental, scout your own god dam players Pep lol

Second at the minute point behind Chelsea but just scraped a 1-0 win against them at home, yeah I'm scoring goals galore away from home but at home every game is tight, Alfonso Sousa is the boy for me, CM bought him when 16 at Porto now he is a world beater.

Just started a game with Salford, not played a game yet but time to get the Class of 92 up to the Prem, Vanaramma league here I come haha

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back