Six Nations 2018

Sideshow Bob

Opening round of fixtures:

3rd February 2018
Wales v Scotland, 14:15.
France v Ireland, 16:45.

4th February 2018
Italy v England, 15:00

I can't see Ireland losing before that final game. England have a tricky trip to Scotland and you never know with France in Paris. Really looking forward to seeing how Scotland go.

For my Wales, I think we'll do well to finish above 4th. Still a lot of selection issues, and I don't think we know where we're going in terms of a style of play. We play some good stuff but struggle to make it count when we get in the 22. Scarlets are playing some of the best rugby in Europe over the last 12 months but I don't think we have the correct coaches to play this way on the international stage. I think a lot of the hardcore rugby fans in Wales have almost given up on the current national team setup and are waiting for the new setup after next year's World Cup. I don't even think the current WRU regime wanted Gatland and co but contract was signed before the new WRU board was appointed and they didn't want to buy them out of their contracts.

Rhys Webb has been ruled out of the Six Nations with a knee injury. Big blow for Wales.

Rhys Webb has been ruled out of the Six Nations with a knee injury. Big blow for Wales.

Our squad has been decimated by injuries. Warburton, Lydiate, Faletau, Webb, Biggar, Jon Davies, Liam Williams. All 7 are Lions. It will be a real test of our depth. Fortunately we have some fantastic back rowers both established and coming through, Gareth Davies is a good replacement for Webb but the other 3 are tough to replace with Priestland also injured, it could be that most of the Scarlets back line start our first game vs Scotland with North the odd man out and he used to play for Scarlets. Scarlets are playing fantastic rugby under some very good coaching, it will be very interesting to see if Gatland and co can get the same out of them at international level. What has set the Scarlets apart though is not what their backline do but how the forwards use the ball and in particular the front 5 with Rob Evans an excellent distributor for a prop.

Davies, Patchell, Evans, Parkes, Williams, North, Halfpenny.

I'd expect the forwards to be something like - Evans, Owens, Lee, Bradley Davies, AWJ, Shingler, Tipuric, Navidi.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back