Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully it’s all done and dusted by tomorrow, will be nice to finally see him being paraded in a United shirt.

Will be sad to see Mkhitaryan because I like him as a player but sadly it just didn’t work out here for him. Sure he will do well at Arsenal where he should be a regular fixture in their starting line ups.

Mkhitaryan goes with no hard feelings provided some memorable moments in the league his scorpion kick goal and in Europe his. Goals led us to the europa league title but sadly the highs were to infrequent and the lows were way way below the Utd standard.

Change of environment and manager might bring out the guy we all saw at Dortmund but I just wonder if this league is to quick and frantic for him and maybe that season t Dortmund was his peak season consistency has always been an issue for him. If Arsenal land Aubemeyang which it looks like they might then that’s potentially an old link that Arsenal could recreate.

There is something going on with the media, like you say it seems some Chelsea journo's are making stories up probably in return for stories that Chelsea want Peter Crouch, Andy Carroll and Islam Slimani haha

Do you think the picture of him taking a selfie in United shirt is real?

Nice to see Paul Ince standing up for united over this deal. Even if he did sign for the dippers.

Do you think the picture of him taking a selfie in United shirt is real?
I would say so. Seems to me it was at the training ground where he was probably doing promo picks or something. Obviously with drones and such it’s not hard to get pictures inside places.

Have a feeling it’ll be announced today but who knows. Reports saying that he just has to sort out the work permit changeover and it’s all done and dusted.

On the TV last night they said it would probably be announced Tuesday because, as SuperRash says, transfer of work permits.

Yeah seems to be the work permit issues, maybe today probably tomorrow but looks as though it is just a matter of time now. All the best to Mhki hope he does well there and is a nice guy who seems to love the club, no hard feelings, done well to score us some vital goals in some vital games last year in that Europa campaign, many have tried and failed at OT.

I think Sanchez will probably start on the bench on Friday, maybe get 20 minutes and then throw him in on Wednesday at Spurs.

This just has the feeling of a major major signing.

Wonder how long it will take for Raiola to be knocking on Woodwards door asking for pay parity for Pogba?

Rumours Pogba wants a new contract have already started.

The club must have allowed for this.. you'd hope. If we can tie Pogba down to a new contract I'd be chuffed. And De Gea

To be fair if Sanchez is worth £350,000 a week so is Pogba. I think this is the main reason why City didn't entertain paying him that much as they have a lot of players that would be asking for the same. Pogba and possibly De Gea are the only players I could imagine think they would be worth that much at Utd

The reports coming out from the Utd end is that Sanchez contract at Utd isn't far off what Pogba gets now anyway it's nowhere near the numbers being reported in the media both players apparently earn around £300k a week at Utd.

I imagine Utd will be very keen to sit down with Pogba and his agent and get him tied down for another 5 years anyway but it'll be Spanish Dave who's up first.

It'll be a million a week by the time he's signed. I'm sure we've given him a massive signing on fee and when they're breaking down his weekly wage they're including this.

I really couldn't care what he's earning we're signing a world class player who would improve almost every team in the world. And we know he's suited to the league and isn't a risk.

I don't often post on here anymore. Mainly because unfortunately my love affair with United and most definitely soccer is at an all time low. But I still support United and it's nice to come in here every now and then.

And I have to say what a signing this could be! Sanchez is a phenomenal player and just want this team needs. And to do it in January? I mean this really did come out of nowhere.

There must be a huge amount of people involved in these negotiations looking at how many people are confidently predicting his wages. And given the massive discrepancies in these wages some of these journos should be seriously embarrassed. Of course they wont be because it gave all those ' neutrals" the chance to say he is a mercenary and we are anti football. For me a great bit of business on our part.

Daily Mail just reporting Sanchez is now on £600,000 a week :eek:

The Chile star will become the club's best-paid player on almost £600,000 a week — a basic wage of £350,000, £100,000 image rights and £144,000 in bonuses.

Read more: Alexis Sanchez meets Sir Alex Ferguson at Old Trafford | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

If he's earned those bonuses it probably means we've done the trebles, he's won the Ballon D'Or and he's scored 50 goals a season so if that's the case then it's worth every penny.

There seems to be a real agenda every time we sign a player to ramp up what this player might be earning almost like every player at every other club is playing for the love and players only join Utd for the money.

Also, at some point can we stop using a players weekly wage like he's paid cash like a labourer on a building site can we report annual salary like f*cking grown ups and lets also agree if we're reporting on figures before or after tax at all times because one minute we are and the next minute we're not. The lack of transparency in football makes it almost impossible to work out who's earning what.

Basically there's a narrative here that Sanchez is a money grabber and Utd are somehow being ripped off.

Agents are notoriously unreliable on this sort of stuff as a source because lets be honest Sanchez getting £600k a week is great for agents as it means they can bash down everyones door to try and get their clients a new deal and Utd are never going to publically annouce what the contract terms are.

it's interesting to see in the press De Bruyne has been offered a new deal......no prices though!

@RichH2016 get yourself on here more often mate! :)

All we need now is to sign Ozil in the summer with another decent box to box midfielder and we'll be looking proper good.

Imagine: 4-3-2-1
Pogba-Matic
Martial-Ozil-Sanchez
Lukaku

or 4-3-3:
Pogba Matic Ozil
Martial Lukaku-Sanchez

or 4-1-3-2:
Matic
Pogba-Ozil-Martial
Sanchez-Lukaku

@Red Warrior I'll try to a little more bud but I don't watch many games these Days and half the time I don't even know we are playing. Unfortunately I just got so disheartened with the game because to be honest 99% of games bore me.

Anyway, yeah those line ups look great but not one contains Rashford bud? What's up with that?

It's surely going to a 4-2-3-1 in most games.

@Red Warrior I'll try to a little more bud but I don't watch many games these Days and half the time I don't even know we are playing. Unfortunately I just got so disheartened with the game because to be honest 99% of games bore me.

Anyway, yeah those line ups look great but not one contains Rashford bud? What's up with that?
I think it is due to the lack of form and decision making the young lad has displayed since just before Christmas. Most on here calling for a rest so he can re-evaluate. Me I'm not too sure either way, I'm hoping it's not ANOTHER Macheda or Morrison situation where Ego has overtaken talent and training.

I don't often post on here anymore. Mainly because unfortunately my love affair with United and most definitely soccer is at an all time low. But I still support United and it's nice to come in here every now and then.
Good to see you, Rich!

The wages change every 5 minutes, one day it’s £500k a week, then it’s £600k. Personally I don’t care about wages, it’s not my money and if the club can afford it then why the hell not. City fans are crying that Sanchez is only coming here for the money which is rich because of their oil money renaissance. There is so much press about the money side of things but the cold hard facts are that Sanchez is world class and he will improve us no end.

Seriously buzzing now, ridiculous signing really is, going to add so much to our play going forward, 14-1 Champions League great price, just done 15 on a United & France double (CL & WC).

Feeling a lot more confident now about Spurs away next week!

Both Sanchez and Mkhi have arrived at their work permit hearings. It’s close guys, it’s close.

More CRAZY figures:
Sanchez will earn £500,000 a week at Old Trafford. The staggering true cost of his contract works out as: 85p a second; £50 a minute; £3,000 an hour; £72,000 a day; £500,000-a-week. So where does he rank among the other top earners?

1. Alexis Sanchez (United) - £500,000 per week

That is his basic wage plus image rights and bonuses.

2. Paul Pogba (United) - £290,000 per week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back