Anthony Joshua - Boxing
Harry Kane - Football
Johanna Konta - Tennis
Jonnie Peacock - Para-athletics
Adam Peaty - Swimming
Jonathan Rea - Motorcycling
Anya Shrubsole - Cricket
Bianca Walkden - Taekwondo

I'd give it to Farah, but think a lot of people are suspicious of him as a genuine athlete so it may cost him votes. His performance in the 10k was incredible, simply more than just about his physical attributes, tactically and mentally he was better than the rest of the field, just sensational.

Peaty would be high up on my list too, what an incredible athlete he is, doesn't get the praise he deserves from those outside of swimming..

You'd expect Froome, Hamilton and Joshua to be up there as they're big names. Kane probably a popular choice as Football is huge. The lesser known sports people on the list may be more deserving than the bigger names, but simply won't get enough votes as it's a popularity contest, i'm not even sure who Elise Christie is.

Hamilton will probably win a lot of it is timing and he’s just won another F1 title but he’s not really a people’s champion being the tax exile he is who flies the flag but dodges a £3m VAT bill for his private jet.

Joshua is incredibly popular and I think will get a lot of votes but everything he does is on PPV.

Still don't know why this is called 'Sports Personality'! Surely 'Sports Person of the Year' would be a better title. Some of the 'personalities' that have won it in years gone by haven't even had a personality lol

Personality is just how famous people were identified many years ago you were on TV you was a TV personality or Radio you were a radio personality so when they decided to do a sports award they called it a sports personality rather than sports person.

It is nothing to do with a persons personality the award is based 100% of sporting achievement.

They could change the name but really what's the point?

Peaty, Joshua & Hamilton all world champions in their sport this year not even in the top 3.

If they gave it to Hamilton, they would have to get another trophy for the car, who was the real champion! :p

If they gave it to Hamilton, they would have to get another trophy for the car, who was the real champion! :p

The runner up rides a motorcycle haha.

Highlight was the feed to Farah’s house cutting out as the winner was announced.

lol you can't say that, Bottas can't keep up with him in the same car. He's clearly the best driver on the grid, along with Vettel and Alonso. How interesting would it be if all the drivers had the same cars and tryres and just battled it out every other week. I wonder if the usual suspects would still be at the front?

lol you can't say that, Bottas can't keep up with him in the same car. He's clearly the best driver on the grid, along with Vettel and Alonso. How interesting would it be if all the drivers had the same cars and tryres and just battled it out every other week. I wonder if the usual suspects would still be at the front?
Maybe I was just letting my dislike for Hamilton out there! I don’t watch F1 anymore but yeah having the same cars battle each other would definitely make it more interesting I would say. That’s when the real talent will emerge.

Took loads of drugs to aid performance?
I take Salbutamol for my asthma and it’s never made me do anything better! :p

Took loads of drugs to aid performance?

yeah it's not a drug to take to increase performance really. He just suffers from asthma, which makes his achievement even more incredible in my book. It's practically impossible to cheat when you're leading a tour these days.

yeah it's not a drug to take to increase performance really. He just suffers from asthma, which makes his achievement even more incredible in my book. It's practically impossible to cheat when you're leading a tour these days.

To be honest with allegations against both Froome & Wiggins I don't think road cycling can claim to be clean for a long time and all these random TUE's that athletes seem to have to me just stinks of cover ups.

As for it being impossible to cheat they said that about Armstrong the cheats will always be 1 step ahead of the authorities as they're better funded plus until they authorities work out how you're cheating they won't always know what to look for.

I know Cycling has cleaned up it's act in a big way but I still think they've got a long way to go before people start believing what they're seeing again.

isn't that just sport, look at athletics, that's even worse.

Far as a can, he was tested more less every day of both Grand Tours and all he did was take an extra draw on his inhaler once. If they ban him for that the the sport is a joke you're right. Just to complete one of the tours is a feat, I have been on some of those French stages and they are gruelling. To win 4 and win the Vuelta in the weeks after the Tour de France is unreal.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back