Alexis Sanchez on a free?

jsp

The sun reporting this morning that we are prepared to enter the race for Alexis Sanchez.

Not sure how I feel about this guy he's obviously very talented but I do wonder if he's a team player or does he play for himself?

There's also the question of fitting him in as he wouldn't play as a centre forward and we already have Rashford/Martial on the left and while he can play on the right it's probably his weakest position.

There is also the lingering question of how long can he keep this up his speed is important to him and he never seems to rest and is always back and forward to South America to play for Chile even when he's carrying injuries, will he be one of these guys who suddenly just drops off a cliff like Rooney or Torres.

I would probably take him on a free over someone like Özil but I think he is gonna flirt with City and eventually he'll go there.

I'm not sure he'll deteriorate like Rooney has, he is much more skilful so will still have that little touch of genius you need. He'll be 29 in the summer and arguably will still have a good 3 or 4 years left at his current state. I would take him in a heartbeat.

I think his touch is actually a little loose but he's so quick he recovers the ball quickly and he gives the ball away a lot because his general passing isn't great and he tries a lot of difficult balls to create chances. I also think he lives a better lifestyle than Rooney in terms of behaving like an elite athlete and looking after himself.

For me he's after a huge pay day so he's thinking £350k a week over a 5 year contract this is the "big big deal" so we need to be wary of that but no transfer fee probably means it's worth the risk even if you had to pay him up in full in 3 years time to get him to leave.

Imagine the reaction if we took them both if we signed both of them and then won the league Arsenal fans would go ballistic.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back