Mourinho makes urgent plea for one more United signing

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not sure he's having a dig at Woodward but he certainly seems to be giving him a nudge to say can you just pay a little bit more to get me my guy.

I think we might have to wait until the deadline to get a deal for Matic/Dier & Perisic over the line I think they're players clubs are happy to let go but they're prepared to wait until the last minute to do it because if they stay it's not the end of the world. Lindelof I believe we paid some sort of release clause in his contract and I think Everton needed Lukaku out so they could plan for life without him in pre season.

Really think football would be better off if they scrapped the summer window just leave it open until January 31st so have 1 window rather than 2 or if they insist on having 2 windows close it on 31st July so it's done and dusted before the seasons start. I know for clubs who are still trying to qualify for European comps that's harsh.

To be fair to Ed if teams dont wanna sell or wont budge on a price tag there's not much he can do. Jose is obviously gutted his not got another 2/3 players in, but the market at the minute only favors a selling side. Its a meeting to maybe suggest new targets that are on the market that maybe weren't before. Or like JSP says a chance for Jose to say look pay the premium get Perisic forget Dier or something like that.

Fair point JSP if they closed the window before a ball was kicked it would make it so much easier. Plus it gives Ed woodward more time off from his busy schedule haha

I'd prefer they just left it open then shut it in January just say you can't play new signings in European comps until after the group stage that way clubs in Europe can get their business done early but other clubs don't have to panic buy on deadline day because they've had a dodgy start.

I don't know, I'm still for two windows and now 'Arry Redknapp is back, we can see him in his car talking to ole Jim White SSN twice this year!

I don't think Jose is gonna want these deals go to the wire, think there will come a point when he's like screw it let's stick with what we have. I think we'll go back with a new Perisic bid and that might be us done and dusted.

What do we think of the chances of Verratti being our one signing. Is he what what we need? are there any chances?

He doesn't solve the specific problem in our midfield which is the holding midfield spot but he's one of the best in the world in his position so if he is available Utd should be in the hunt for him as these guys don't come on the market very often. In a 3 man midfield if you had him and Pogba as your two attacking creative players with a solid holding player you'd have a midfield that could compete with anyone in the world.

Unless Utd can make a big statement this season by going far in Europe and looking like we have a shot at winning the European Cup in the next 2-3 seasons I don't think we get a player like him my feeling is if he decides to move from PSG he will be going to Madrid/Barca/Juventus level clubs and right now we're still playing catch up on them.

Do you think Juventus in the Italian league has more pull than Utd in the EPL? Defo agree about Barca/Real, they would be the top 2 in the world to play at.

What do we think of the chances of Verratti being our one signing. Is he what what we need? are there any chances?

What's that saying? Something about when hell freezes over. Think that's our chances of Verratti this summer.

I'm starting to think it's either Matic or no-one. Surely Jose would have moved onto a contingency plan if it looked like Matic was unattainable. Maybe Juve's interest is throwing a spanner in the works.

I happen to think we'll eventually agree a deal with Inter for Perisic but it could still take some time. We will clearly overpay but hell everyone is over paying this summer, it would be weird if we didn't!

It is a weird transfer window to be fair. Man Citeh seem to be buying whoever they want, and good players too, and we are faffing about trying to sign Perisic. I'm baffled by a club the size of Utd struggling to buy who we need. We have a top manager and UCL football, what else can players want? Why shouldn't we be signing the likes of Veratti? As I stated above the only other 2 clubs in the world we should be losing out to is Barca and Real. I can only hope that there are deals going on that are taking longer than expected but have been in the pipeline for weeks. I just cant see JM being comfortable with how we are seeing this window turn out so something surely has to be going on somewhere. I hope.

Do you think Juventus in the Italian league has more pull than Utd in the EPL? Defo agree about Barca/Real, they would be the top 2 in the world to play at.

If your ambition is to win the CL as a player then I think right now they do as they're so close to doing it 2 finals in 3 seasons also you get the pull of almost certain domestic success that goes with it. You could easily see them winning it in the next 2-3 seasons whereas Utd feels more like 3-5 before they could build a squad to achieve that and even then that's probably my heart over ruling my head as that requires us nailing the transfer window every summer.

I'd say right now the top sides in Europe (ie teams capable of winning CL) in no order are Madrid/Barca/Atletico/Munich/PSG/Juventus now I'd say Atletico are starting to fall out of that bracket now given the money and managers the English sides have you would expect at least 1 to make the 1/4 finals next season but the teams above have been doing 1/4 finals and better consistently for 4-5 years now, Utd used to have that sort of record and we maybe took it for granted a bit but we've fallen a long way from those days.

I think right now Utd are attracting players with money they are paying more than others in terms of wages to get the guys they want some have a desire to play for Utd but Utd now isn't the club it was 5 years ago we've took a few steps backwards but seem to be heading back in the right direction.

I think players are a bit wary of the PL you can obviously earn a lot of money here but the very very top players earn great money wherever they go and it's a tough league to play in there's no winter break and it's a very physically demanding league.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back