Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

Cope say United offered €80m/£69m last month but increased the offer to €110m/£95m after Monaco's game against City in February.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The kid looks destined to be a superstar but lets not forget Martial was on the same path 2 years ago so why have the prices suddenly doubled?

I'm sure the kid is on Utd's radar but to suggest we've started bidding I think is jumping the gun every club in Europe is watching this kid but I think it would be a huge mistake for him to move in the summer best thing for him is to play a full season at Monaco next season they'll be in CL again so it's great experience for him and you hope that the people who look after him are telling him this.

Latest from good old Duncan Castles.

Can't see Utd entering this bidding war. My guess is Madrid will go massive for him.

Monaco star Kylian Mbappe has clause for 'a lot of money' - Antonio Cordon

Kylian Mbappe has a release clause in his Monaco contract that will cost "a lot of money" to trigger, sporting director Antonio Cordon has told Cadena Cope.

"Yes, he has one -- but it's a lot, a lot of money," he said. "I didn't do Mbappe's contract and I can't tell you the details of the clause, but it's a lot of money.

"I hope he'll stay because we have to keep our best players, but we all know the market and how things happen. I don't know how many offers there are for him."

Prince Albert of Monaco, who remains involved behind the scenes at the club, told RMC he hoped Mbappe would stay for another season.

"I know it'll be difficult, but I think he's already talked about this," he said. "I think it's wiser, at least for another season, to stay with Monaco and for him to be a little more protected than at a big club.

"We're going to do everything to keep him a little bit more."

French press claiming he has no interest in moving to Utd, apparently due to concerns over our playing style

I hope he stays at Monaco for another season.

Don't make the same mistakes as players like Depay or Sanches by jumping to the top to early.

Sounds like he's being advised well. Wants to stay at Monaco as fears moving may harm his chances of playing for France at next year's World Cup.

He could view Arsenal as a stepping stone towards a move to Madrid.

I think he'll stay at Monaco but these transfer rumours will persist because he is such an attacking talent. I saw in a paper this morning that we have tabled a £113m offer for him, now that's insane for an 18 year old! Would anyone be unhappy with us paying over £100m or would just be happy we have him? I would be delighted we had him but that price tag would put him under unbelievable pressure in a new league. A couple of bad games and the usual stupid English pundits would brand him overpriced, that could effect a young man.

WR bid gone in by united by one report, these stories cannot be true, the money being mentioned for this kid. 135m!

zero substance to the story so ignore that.

I think he will stay at Monaco, I've always thought it. These rumours everyday about this club and that club are interested in him are pure click bait journalism. I don't think he would fancy either Liverpool or Arsenal IMO, he is clearly Madrid bound. However, he needs to give himself another year or two at Monaco to develop further, would hate to see him move too soon and just flop.

I think every club will have tried getting him but I agree he should stay at Monaco unless he feels he's good enough to start at Madrid.

I think Arsenal & Liverpool were maybe offering him a stepping stone rather than a jump straight to the very top.

If he stays at Monaco will be interesting to see how he does in his 2nd season but the more players that leave the more I think he will gamble and take the move to Madrid.

I think the more players that leave the more chance Monaco are going to try and keep him at all costs. They've sold Silva and Germain so far and probably Fabinho and Bakayoko will go. Add that to the potential of Mendy and Lemar leaving, although there hasn't been much mentioned of these two going lately. They have done some good business bringing in Tielemans and Meite from the Belgian league which will replace the midfielders. I just don't think they are gonna let their prized asset leave just yet.

Kylian Mbappe: Monaco accuse clubs of making illegal approaches for striker

I wonder if this is Liverpool not because I want it to be but because they've been caught out on this a few times recently most notably on Van Dijk and it would appear Kieta as well although Leipzig haven't threatened anything.

The fact they've made a statement without naming names might be there way of telling everyone to back off he won't be sold this summer.

If this is City like it's been reported then I hope action gets taken. Didn't they try tapping up a couple of 15 year olds recently and get an academy ban? Liverpool are the same. The Madrid clubs and Barca got burnt from doing similar things. Just throw the book at them and ban them from signings. See what pep can do then.

I hate when I see stories of tapping up, it's like clubs think they've got some divine right to talk to any player or agent without the clubs permission. Even if we did it I'd be disgusted. Like jsp said it could be a stark warning of hands off to shy suitors but if there has been any tapping up then the club needs the book thrown at them.

I watched him many times last year and thought his different level. His pace, his movement, his finishing are all unbelievable. Given his age as well it does make him potentially so special. But he played with such a freedom last season. Can you play so care free with a price tag like this on your back? With the pressure of everyone expecting him to deliver week in week out now. His only been a first team regular for 6 months.

There's been potential superstars players before him that haven't made the hype. Freddy Adu is the biggest flop probably ever, given what people said about him. Then How many times have we heard of 'the next Messi' coming though? Or All these Brazilian wonderkids that disappear after big money moves. Is Mpabbe different to all them?

Obviously only time will tell. But without doubt it's the biggest gamble on a player in the history of the game. Can't wait to see if he gets this move how it works out for him.

Interested to see and hear what others think.

I can't see anything but this kid being a star. I've never seen such composure in someone so young.

However I don't see much difference between him and Martial from the start of two seasons ago or Rashford when he broke on the scene.

I think all 3 will be magical!

He reminds me a lot of the Brazilian Ronaldo in the way he combines the speed, strength, skill and finishing he basically looks the complete centre forward but he also had Falcao with him last season who apparently helped him a lot as he did a lot of the donkey work running channels etc.

I think he's ahead of Martial & Rashford from what I've seen but not by huge amounts what is scary is the talent coming through in France once again this generation seem to have the talent and the right attitude whereas the last generation guys like Benzema, Ben Arfa, M'Villa etc had a lot of attitude problems.

Paying these sort of sums for a kid is crazy imo but this is the way the market has moved now and the trickle down effect will make everyone more expensive.

I think you make a great point JSP about the amount of leg work Falcao did last season. He ran down every lost cause going and created so many opportunities for Mbappe. The same must be said with Valere Germain. So its fair to say that for every great goal Mbappe did score, there were more then a few that involved a simple tap in or finishing off work that others have done. That's a skill in its own, people like Javier Hernandez have made a career out of being in the right place at the right time. But a percentage of his goals haven't needed a fancy finish or silky skill to find the net. Just a willing runner to make the space. Will Bale or Isco or anyone else do that running that he needs? Because Ronaldo certainly wont.

The next 'Fat Ronaldo' tag is exactly what Real are buying him for. Its a tag that killed people careers before. But Mpabbe does look that type of player no doubt. If he can fill those shoes and sustain it then it could end up a bargain even at this silly fee.

if it's true, it's a lot of money on 6 months football. Odegaard has died a death a little.

There have been so many next big things, Schillichi at WC 90 comes to mind, albeit a bit older.

From what I have seen, there is nothing that says to me he is any better than Rashford and Rashford has more experience already

I think you make a great point JSP about the amount of leg work Falcao did last season. He ran down every lost cause going and created so many opportunities for Mbappe. The same must be said with Valere Germain. So its fair to say that for every great goal Mbappe did score, there were more then a few that involved a simple tap in or finishing off work that others have done. That's a skill in its own, people like Javier Hernandez have made a career out of being in the right place at the right time. But a percentage of his goals haven't needed a fancy finish or silky skill to find the net. Just a willing runner to make the space. Will Bale or Isco or anyone else do that running that he needs? Because Ronaldo certainly wont.

The next 'Fat Ronaldo' tag is exactly what Real are buying him for. Its a tag that killed people careers before. But Mpabbe does look that type of player no doubt. If he can fill those shoes and sustain it then it could end up a bargain even at this silly fee.

Mbappe was just in a great side last season which I think it's a shame that it's basically been stripped to the bones in one summer by the vultures from Europe. I can't say I watched them that often but they had so many threats going forward from all angles which he'll obviously still get at Madrid but what he won't get from Ronaldo/Benzema as a strike partner is that workrate and aggression you get from Falcao who was really back to somewhere near his very best last season after 2 years on loan. It was like the PL did wonders for his rehab and he was a man reborn in Monaco.

Let's show some respect to the great man and not call him Fat Ronaldo. That guy was my hero growing up hands down the best player I've ever watched before those injuries. I think the comparison comes from like Ronaldo he's a big powerful quick centre forward who has all the skills you want from a centre forward but also he has the dribbling skills of a traditional winger.

Sigh....
Ronaldo was and is one of the best players ever to play the game. Couldn't respect the guy anymore. But its hard to say looking at him now that his not"Fat Ronaldo" because he is. I'd be lying if i said his looking great in his retirement.

Mbappe isn't a 'big powerful forward'. His lean and 5'8. His only 18 and hasn't filled out yet. His comparison to "Fat" ronaldo is because his so quick and agile like he was. His capable of running at defenders, going both ways and finishing at speed. Point being its a hell of a tag to put on someone who's been a first team regular for 6 months.

Was only joking but we don't call him "drunk" Best or "floppy" Pele haha

He's on 5' 8? He looks much taller when I've seen him play obviously he's not done growing yet but I'd have said he's much closer to 6ft as he doesn't look short.

The price tag is ridiculous I can't believe Madrid are actually thinking of paying it.

I actually googled his height couldn't believe he was 5'8" but yeah that's correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back