Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I can't understand this rumor to be honest. Really good player and one that would improve the team but isn't he a number 10? Which we don't play with in this new system...

Nice bit of play v City.

Anyone keeping track on Monaco player bingo?

This was like when Van Gaal took over and we were linked to every player in the Dutch 2014 world cup squad apart from Van Persie (who already played for us).

Absolute delight of a player who'd fit into Mourinho's 4-2-3-1 system kind of a younger quicker version of Mata from what I've seen of him would mean Pogba playing a more withdrawn role in a 2 man midfield which he's more than capable of doing.

If you believe transfer rumours we are going to be Monaco mark 2 next year. Mendy, Mbappe, Silva, Bakayoko
- may as well just bring Falcao back while we're at it!

Silva is a gem of a player so would be more than happy with the move but it's getting to that time where summer transfer rumours start to fly about. If Monaco are gonna lose some of their stars in the summer, they may play hardball with transfer fees.

Translation: According to Canal +, Bernardo Silva could get away from AS Monaco and neared Manchester United!

Mendes Client + release clause = constant like to Utd.

Lovely player but doesn't feel like a Mourinho type player, can't wait to see him playing wide and being criticised for not doing a load of defending.

Translation: INFO CANAL +: Bernardo Silva would be in advanced contact with Manchester United.

An offer that cannot be refused really sounds like we've taken his family hostage.

How is he gonna fit in at City? De Bruyne, David Silva, Sane, Aguero and Jesus already fill the attacking roles. But I guess can never have enough depth.

I mean this in the nicest possible way but I hope he's a huge flop. :cool:

How is he gonna fit in at City? De Bruyne, David Silva, Sane, Aguero and Jesus already fill the attacking roles. But I guess can never have enough depth.

I mean this in the nicest possible way but I hope he's a huge flop. :cool:

Guess it's just future proofing as he'll rotate with David Silva & De Bruyne in the 2 more attacking midfield central positions. David Silva is 31 now so how many more years can he go on and it might be that if they can rotate the work load between the 3 of them covering 2 positions they'll be kept fresh through the season. When Gundogan comes back that will give them 4 players for the 2 positions which is perfect. What they really need is competition/cover for Fernandinho as that central holding player. We assume Yaya is leaving as his contract expires although nothing has been announced and Fernando clearly isn't up to the task.

I think the reality is City have a lot of flexibility in attacking positions depending on formations they can play 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3, 4-1-4-1, 4-4-2 without having to make subs, Pep likes to be able to change the shape of his team during the game and he's got amazing quality in those attacking positions. His attacking options are miles clear of everyone else in the league in terms of depth if he can sort the defence out they're going to take some stopping.

Don't forget they'll have Nasri back as well :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back