Morgan Schneiderlin to join Everton?

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Quite a disappointing signing given his performances for Southampton and against us too. He looked a very good midfielder whenever I saw him play for Southampton where he was given a bit more freedom with someone else often holding but wasn't good enough to play that role for us so was given a holding role in which he wasn't good enough at, often lost his man and was rarely in the right place at the right time like Carrick so often is. Had hoped he could be that guy but wasn't to be, just not good enough for what we want and need.

Yeah had high hopes but not good enough unfortunately. Not good enough on the ball - and another of van Gaal's signings that doesn't have the personality of a United player either. It's the position we need investing in most, but is probably the most difficult position to strengthen given the options, or lack of, out there.

On the other hand though, he's not been given much of a chance under Mourinho like others that needed to prove themselves (Rojo, Jones). He may have proved himself under Mourinho, unfortunately for him, there haven't been (m)any injuries in his position.

Schneiderlin will join Everton in January.

To be honest when we bought him I was excited, mainly because of our lack of signings in the area over the years. However, when I look at it now it was a pretty underwhelming signing, I know he did well for Saints but that was perhaps is level. In hindsight things like this are easier to say but when I look at the midfield of Carrick, Herrera and Pogba, Schneiderlein is a level below.

Got to say... Fans went on about the handling of Schweinsteiger but I think Jose's handling here has been just as bad.

He's not given Schneiderlin a chance despite the player not once having anything negative reported in the papers like it was about Schweinsteiger and everyone weighing in with their opinions.

I hope he gets the right move to a club who really appreciate him. Because he deserves better than this.

I don't particularly think Jose has done anything wrong. Unfortunately he just hasn't been good enough at this level. Plus we all have to appreciate that with a change of manager comes a change of approach and style. A player that one manager fancies another doesn't. I thought he was going to be one of our best signings but truth be told he has never really taken his chances even though they have been few.

I don't particularly think Jose has done anything wrong. Unfortunately he just hasn't been good enough at this level. Plus we all have to appreciate that with a change of manager comes a change of approach and style. A player that one manager fancies another doesn't. I thought he was going to be one of our best signings but truth be told he has never really taken his chances even though they have been few.

He started last year really well and was such an important player to the team. The problem was he was very defensive and people didn't like that he didn't offer much in attack. But now that we've got Herrera and Pogba as part of a midfield 3 I think Schneiderlin could have played a really good role. But Jose hasn't even given him a look.

I must have missed the beginning of last season. I can't particularly remember him ever really imposing himself on games. He has been my biggest disappointment as a signing. That said I am sure he always tried his best and wish him all the luck for whoever his new team will be.

Never been an important player in the team. Too often goals we conceded were due to him not tracking runners or not being in position. Could have lived without him not offering anything going forward if he'd done the defensive side of the job properly but he didn't. I'd hoped he'd progress but Van Gaal didn't trust him enough to play him consistently and hasn't impressed Jose either clearly. Don't disagree with how he's left Schweinsteiger out or left others out for spells either. The only use of a player i've disagreed with Mourinho over is Fellaini. Would have been nice for him to get more of a chance but the opportunities haven't been there like they have in other positions, same goes for Memphis.

Are we finally about to become a bit better at selling players. Sold far too many players for too little, pretty much gave most of them away. Hernandez fee was ridiculous.

Let's hope so! Surely we are going to want a good £16-18m or something like that? Given what we paid for him only a year and a half ago... That's just good business sense by the club.

£3m in add ons too I believe. United look to be getting better in the transfer market under Mourinho, talk that we're playing hardball over Lindelof too. It's about time to be honest, been mugged off far too many times for far too long. We've paid over the odds for players and received little for some very good players.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back