Tiemoue Bakayoko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

Duncan Castles has linked United, City and Chelsea with Monaco's Bakayoko. I've know nothing about him; what type of midfielder is he?

Defensive mid. Castles described him as "Strong in the tackle, comfortable in possession and an able passer of the ball, the 1m84 midfielder possesses a playing style comparable to Nemanja Matic, a key Mourinho addition to the last of his three Chelsea title winning sides."

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've seen a bit of him now and haven't been that impressed. More impressed by Fabinho next to him, who can play RB too. At 22 though, may be more to come from Bakayoko.

Think Bakayoko has been playing with a bit of an injury through the 2nd half of the season seems like a lot of clubs are in for him but Monaco are now set up as a player selling club so we will be getting linked to their players in the same way we do to Benfica/Porto players over the years so it's going to be hard to read through the BS as to what is and isn't true.

They will sell 3 maybe 4 of that team this summer which is a shame as they're so good to watch but it's the way of the world in modern football it's a model that can probably work in France as the league is a bit weaker so they can take time with young players whereas the PL is so cut throat managers can't think 6 games ahead let alone 6 months.

Translation: Utd and Chelsea push for Bakayako! Chelsea prepares €45m offer! LFC and PSG on the lookout.

Well I have been impressed with the way Utd pulled off the Lukaku deal, boom out of nowhere. It was all Morata this, Morata that, nobody saw that coming. I can see the next signings just happening too, no warning, no media coverage.

So I saw today we could hijack the Bakayoko to Chelsea deal. After Lukaku anything could happen. Anybody got any idea if that is just media crap or it could actually happen?

Also read today Fabinho has put in a transfer request and Monaco don't want his going to PSG so we are front runners.

As you say Utd pulled the Lukaku one out of nowhere but the reports were the deal had been getting worked on for 2-3 weeks so it's almost impossible to tell what Utd are up to as they don't make any public statements about transfers. Now that they're back in pre season there will probably be more press conferences where transfer gossip might get discussed but it's almost impossible to tell what we are up to as we're linked to 5-10 different players every week.

You would assume Utd are in the market for a midfielder this summer as we are a little light in this area but which one we're trying to sign is anyones guess. A week ago it seemed nailed on that it was Matic now it's Bakayoko and tomorrow it'll be Fabinho again but like Lukaku it'll probably be an announcement that is made out of nowhere.

Yep I think so too. I really like the way they do that. I would possibly now say the Matic deal would be dead anyway after we took Lukaku from under their noses.

Chelsea are big boys I don't think they'd let politics get in the way of deals if they want to feel let down it would be by Lukaku or his agent assuming they were told the player wanted to come even then if that was the case why have they dragged their heels on it seems to me like they were trying to negotiate down the fee with Everton or the agent and Utd have just said they're happy to pay.

If Chelsea get Bakayoko and Matic wants out and Utd put the money up I think they'll take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back