Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Always wise to be sceptical when we get linked with Benfica players these days but for once it looks like we might actually sign a Benfica player. Don't know much about him but heard comparisons with Rio so that'll do for me.

Not surprised, Jones and Rojo are doing amazing in defence and we have Bailly and Smalling in the wings. We are in no need of Lindelof and especially for £30m plus, that would be unnecessary.

There are certainly positions we should be looking at first. Ultimately we might need to look at the centre backs given their injury records. In the meantime I think we need to address how we get more goals. And even more importantly how we replace Carrick.

Lindelof is not in the match day squad for Benfica's game against Pacos Ferreira tonight.

Carrick replacement is only signing I really want at the moment, it's the first time in years i've been relatively happy with the squad and I don't want players coming in and blocking young players coming through. Rashford, Fosu-Mensah and Tuanzebe coming through. Pereira maybe too. There's others below that too. We have a good matchday squad of 18 now and other squad places should be taken up by young players. Mourinho has in the past preferred to work with a smaller squad. His teams have also usually had very little injuries. He's no reason to have a big squad, he's not that big on rotation either.

I think we need to cut a lot more than we need to bring in. Squad is too big. Memphis i'd like to see go out on loan first before selling but suspect he'll never be as good as we hoped when we signed him. Young, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger definitely for the chop. Darmian maybe too? I don't think he will go but Fellaini should also, if he gets the offer to play more elsewhere he might decide to go but seems quite happy playing 2nd fiddle at a big club. Rooney for the first time also won't be missed, contract until 2019 though and I don't think any other club in England would pay what we pay him and I can't see him going abroad anywhere. I don't think Mourinho will actively look to sell anyone but players want to leave to play more then they could go.

I look forward to the day we actually sign a Benfica player. Portuguese newspapers would shut down for a week.

I look forward to the day we actually sign a Benfica player. Portuguese newspapers would shut down for a week.

What you talking about, we have signed Gaitan every summer! :p (well according to the Portuguese media)

Genuinely looked like this was a go-er back in December.

Lindelof discusses latest Man Utd rumours - Football365

This one feels like it has at least 3 or 4 transfer windows to run before he eventually signs for some other club.

Can we just start linking our players to Benfica?

Fellaini to Benfica £40m
Young to Benfica £15m
Stalling to Benfica £30m

The Lindelof rumours are circulating again. It is some sort of unwritten rule that we must be linked with a Benfica player the entire summer, every summer? It's been Garay, Gaitan and Sanches - now Lindelof gets that honour!

A lot of rumours that he's in Manchester for a medical

A lot of rumours that he's in Manchester for a medical

Must be about the 5th time he's had one in the last 6 months if you believe twitter.

Surely he's with the Sweden National team since they've got a game tonight in Sweden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back