Status
Not open for further replies.
I am happy that we moved first and fast to get the signature of one of Europe's hottest goalkeeping prospect. Personally he wasn't my first choice but he was in my top 3. I am excited at his arrival as it sends out a message that we mean business in the transfer market.
Can't wait to see him in a Utd jersey. Hope he can settle quick and gel with the back 4.

Great Signing, had to be him, i would have been very surprised if we had gone for Steklenburg.
Can't wait to watch him in a United jersey!

19 million for a keeper with no International Caps
6 Champions league appearances
+/- 35 first team games?

Seems a little high ...

This is typical of the way Fergie and the club operate, we sign young players who have a lot of potential or are really talented.

Spalletti, you make valid points there, but from the United's point of view there's no doubting that the club have been watching De Gea for a while, also- allied to that the club would be making sure that De Gea has a good attitude etc. Ferguson likes to sign young talented players, but he also likes to sign players who have the right traits around the dressing room and who basically aren't big-headed or a disruptive infulence around the dressing room.

United would have been sussing out what De Gea's attitude was like even before we considered signing him. Fergie would have his dossier on De Gea and the gaffer would have known what the lad has for breakfast.

For a very young keeper, he is calm and has some attributes of VDS. I think he is better than Joe Hart in terms of top young goalkeepers. And yeah he would be a great signing for man utd.

And he has some european experience as well, quite a feat for players his age what more to say a goalkeeper his age

I like that Fergie and his team have watched him for a while, and that he is their first choice. Given that we have the budget this summer and could get most of the others if we really wanted them (Reina, Buffon, Lloris, Neuer, Adler, Akinfeev, etc), we have to trust that Fergie knows what he is doing by splurging on what will be the most expensive goalkeeper in recent years (after Buffon of a decade ago). Moreover, in Lindergaard I believe we signed an experienced yet promising second keeper so there's that insurance policy in case De Gea needs more time to aclimatise.

I think VDS will join us as the GK coach, i'm sure Fergie will keep Edwin around to help De Gea at least in the first few seasons.

I think VDS will join us as the GK coach, i'm sure Fergie will keep Edwin around to help De Gea at least in the first few seasons.

VDS should have signed a one year playing contract extension rather than become a coach. Isn't a reason VDS wants to leave is because he wants to spend time with his wife and family.

I meant the same, help out Eric Steele with the senior team, and also help out with youngsters coming through.

He has the experience and the brains too be a great goalkeeping coach, hope VDS have the same idea as both of us have. I'm sure SAF thinks the same idea as well. lol

De Gea has denied that a deal is completed, will only decide after the European U-21 Championships!
I wouldn't worry about that at all.

Considering De Gea's still at another club he has to be seen to be toeing the party line.

Guillem Balague confirmed a rumour on TalkSport about agent issues. De Gea will definitely sign once he has ended relationship with current agent. Jorge Mendes has been the agent in the transfer. Have to wait until end of June for current agent to leave so he gets no money.

Agents are fecking up the game.

Guillem Balague confirmed a rumour on TalkSport about agent issues. De Gea will definitely sign once he has ended relationship with current agent. Jorge Mendes has been the agent in the transfer. Have to wait until end of June for current agent to leave so he gets no money.

Agents are fecking up the game.

Yeah that must be why he's delaying the decision.
i don't think there's any reason why he'd give a move to United a second thought. sad but most transfers these days also revolve around how much a club is willing to pay the agent than the player

It's probably not De Gea delaying the decision as he probably has already made up his mind to join us.

If he's stuck with agent issues then it's going to rumble on for a couple of months until we get him.

Apparently, De Gea's current agent leaves at the end of June.

Jorge Mendes is a devil. He took something like £3m of the £7m we paid for Bebe.

Latest rumours about De Gea is that Diego Forlan has advised him to join United.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Some very good saves in that montage. Very agile and makes himself big. If you're judging your opinion of him on a 1min 44 sec video though... don't. Watch him at this summer's U21 tournament. Spain v England is on June 12th.

Some very good saves in that montage. Very agile and makes himself big. If you're judging your opinion of him on a 1min 44 sec video though... don't. Watch him at this summer's U21 tournament. Spain v England is on June 12th.
I'm sure most United fans will be looking at him on the 12th. Thanks for reminding me Jason!

Don't forget that United's scouting team will most probably have been at most if not all the games in that particular clip, so aside from the 1min 44sec video he will have been on our radar for a lot of 90 minute games.

Looks a great shotstopper in the video and gets around the box really quickly. Biggest question is how he deals with crosses which is probably a big challenge in the EPL given how many crosses are sent into the box in England versus the game in Spain (not mentioning Delap's long throws). Also not apparent is his distribution ability.

Looks a great shotstopper in the video and gets around the box really quickly. Biggest question is how he deals with crosses which is probably a big challenge in the EPL given how many crosses are sent into the box in England versus the game in Spain (not mentioning Delap's long throws). Also not apparent is his distribution ability.
Good point about crosses, but our scouting team would have most certainly assessed De Gea's ability to deal with him or at least learn to based on his talent.

Just been reading Manutd.com and they say that Fergie 'openly admits he wants to bring in De Gea.'

Yeah, think that was said last week before the GNev testimonial. I was pissed in London at the time but i'm sure I read something about it on my phone.

At least we've got definite proof of genuine interest from the club in De Gea.

He's the guy we're looking to replace Edwin with.

I think it's been known for ages that there has been genuine interest the deal is already done but there are agent issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back