Manchester United resign Cristiano Ronaldo!

I think now we've signed Ronaldo we have to go out and buy a central midfielder. You can't bring in a 36 yr old Ronaldo and not put the other peices around him to allow us to succeed. We should not be wasting this opportunity.

Maybe it eats in to next year's transfer budget but that signing says we are in win now mode so put the last piece of the jigsaw in place.

Yep that’s where Juve messed up they went all in on Ronaldo but left gaps elsewhere he did his job but others didn’t.

Not saying it needs to be a superstar just a good centre mid who can give us a bit more in that area.

You might see him in the away end today if the pictures on social media are to be believed.

The bigger problem for me is the club direction. We looked to be really building for the future with a clear footprint.

Again we've bought someone just to stop city getting them, like Sanchez and Fred

Bringing someone in on 500 grand a week is crazy. You'd think we would have learned from Sanchez and how De Gea used that to get a ridiculous wage.
Ronaldo is different than those other examples because he was such a big part of our modern history. Plus he's taken a wage cut to come back, unlike Sanchez.

As for building for the future, every side needs their Cantona. There have been times when I've felt that we've lacked maturity and composure and could've used a bit of leadership. Ronaldo brings that in spades.

They’ll do well to get him in the ground.

I think now we've signed Ronaldo we have to go out and buy a central midfielder. You can't bring in a 36 yr old Ronaldo and not put the other peices around him to allow us to succeed. We should not be wasting this opportunity.
You're absolutely spot on. United can't expect to compete with that midfield. Its offensive to bad football players to say Fred is bad.

Welcome back SON, too bad we have shi8 midfield. I hope RJ was here.

Maybe it eats in to next year's transfer budget but that signing says we are in win now mode so put the last piece of the jigsaw in place.
Absolutely spot on mate otherwise it could all be for nothing

It's official

Cristiano Ronaldo said:

“Manchester United is a club that has always had a special place in my heart, and I have been overwhelmed by all the messages I have received since the announcement on Friday. I cannot wait to play at Old Trafford in front of a full stadium and see all the fans again. I'm looking forward to joining up with the team after the international games, and I hope we have a very successful season ahead.”

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said:

“You run out of words to describe Cristiano. He is not only a marvellous player, but also a great human being. To have the desire and the ability to play at the top level for such a long period requires a very special person. I have no doubt that he will continue to impress us all and his experience will be so vital for the younger players in the squad. Ronaldo’s return demonstrates the unique appeal of this club and I am absolutely delighted he is coming home to where it all started.”

You run out of words to describe Cristiano. He is not only a marvellous player, but also a great human being."

Given he's still not totally been cleared of the rape charges in the USA I think Ole might want to lay off the compliments of the personal side of Ronaldo.

Welcome back SON, too bad we have shi8 midfield. I hope RJ was here.

Resurrection Joe?

Would be good to get his views but I'm unsure if I'm just missing an obvious midfielder you mean!

gets injured on international duty :p

Would annoy all those touts trying to sell Newcastle tickets for £1000 a piece and the idiots who pay them.

My money is vs Newcastle he'd be starting on the bench anyway don't think he'll go straight in to the team.

of course I remember Res Joe, great poster, and I did think the poster meant Joe.

However I doubt @olou means him. I don't recognise that name

of course I remember Res Joe, great poster, and I did think the poster meant Joe.

However I doubt @olou means him. I don't recognise that name

He does he's someone from that old forum but I don't know who.

Resurrection Joe?

Would be good to get his views but I'm unsure if I'm just missing an obvious midfielder you mean!

Man you are a MOD :D and we have COVID pandemic, Ronaldo returns so anything is possible ..

Buzzing to see him grace the OT turf again. That Newcastle game can’t come soon enough!

I love how blinkered people are when it comes to United. When Ronaldo was going to City, he was going to score boatloads of goals and they were gonna win all the trophies etc., Now that he's back at OT, he's old, washed up and won't be able to hack it in the PL.

In a league that is notoriously adept at limiting goals, Ronaldo scored 31 in 19/20 (8 more than Lukaku), and finished top scorer in 20/21 with 29 (5 more than Lukaku).

For comparison: 2019/20 - Martial/Rashford got 17. 2020/21 - Bruno got 18.

I don't understand the cynicism.

I've not seen any negativity re Ronaldo but I don't have social media.

As a United fans serious head, I question the need for him with greenwood, Cavani, Rashford etc. When we are desperate for a CM. If we'd managed to offload Martial and lingard it would make a bit more sense.
I also question what impact his wages will have when other players sit down for a new contract.

As a pure United fan, I'm buzzing, can't wait to see him in a United shirt. I saw a clip of Messi holding the Reims keepers kid for a photo on the pitch, like it was an exhibition, whereas I have no doubt Ronaldo will be full on commited, greenwood, Sancho, Rashford etc must be so excited.

He'll certainly crap all over martials goals stats

Ps, for your stats, wasn't he also top scorer at the euros

No doubt a few of these will get sold

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back