Jadon Sancho | Match Discussion thread 2021/22

SuperRash

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sanchoooooooooo.

Finally been announced officially ! Looking forward to what he brings to the table next year -Just wonder if he will have to settle for 16 until Cavani leaves and then he will surely get the no 7 shirt.

Big pressure on him now lets hope he delivers.

Gives us much better quality in depth on both sides of the pitch from an attacking point of view can't wait to see him.

Really hope he starts vs Wolves as I'm actually going to be able to watch this game.

Doesn't sound like he's done much in his sub appearances so far but surely he needs a start now after a couple of weeks of training.

I asked this elsewhere, have we been playing him on the left?

Think against Southampton he initially came on and played from the right but then moved to the left after another sub was made.

From what I understand of him he's happy playing both sides and a general rule of thumb is from the right he gets more assists and from the left he gets more goals.

From what I read he was doing well from the right seemed to have a good understanding with AWB then when he went left he went a bit quiet.

Premier League: Wolves 0-1 Manchester United - 29th August 2021

Think he’ll need a period of adjustment to the Premier League.

Poor today but a tough game to get into very little space and to be honest looked a bit lost but a bedding in period is to be expected.

Disappointed. He needs to work harder. And Ole needs to play him on the right.

Ole has said fitness wise he’s well off the pace as he was very late back to training due to illness so hopefully a few more weeks of training with England we can see him at more like his best.

I think he's just trying to play everything simple right now. He didn't really try to take anyone on, just doing the little things like he was told to not overdo it.

I think Sancho needs time. I know everyone hoped he'd come in and make an instant impact but I'm not sure his game lends itself to that. His game is based on intricate passing and playing clever one twos etc. He needs time to build relationships on the field.

Sounds like he'd be good with Donny then.

No chance of getting a pass of any sort, let alone intricate, from Fred

Sounds like he'd be good with Donny then.

No chance of getting a pass of any sort, let alone intricate, from Fred
And that's going to be an issue no doubt! He can't form combinations with some players who simply don't have it.

I really don't get the vdb thing. Are seriously suggesting vdb and pogba would have been a good midfield two. The only answer here is to bring better midfield players in.

I really don't get the vdb thing. Are seriously suggesting vdb and pogba would have been a good midfield two. The only answer here is to bring better midfield players in.
I don't think anyone is suggesting that no. But I think people, myself included, think in some situations there's a case to be made to bring on VDB to go more attacking. Fred is useless so it's like playing with one man down at times.

There may be a case for that when you are chasing a game. But would you bring him on rather than cavani or even martial if you are chasing a goal. I think Donny is one of those players who gets better the less he plays.

There may be a case for that when you are chasing a game. But would you bring him on rather than cavani or even martial if you are chasing a goal. I think Donny is one of those players who gets better the less he plays.
I think sometimes though you have to be able to get the ball with some quality to the forward players. Fred can't do that. Matic can't do it when pressed. VDB may be able to just add a little more quality in possession.

We would never get the ball though. We could have maybe played him alongside fred or matic and move pogba back to the left.

We would never get the ball though. We could have maybe played him alongside fred or matic and move pogba back to the left.
Could do that yeah. Could bring him on for Pogba or actually for Fernandes. I'm just saying there's options and sometimes they need something a little different.

Been released by England due to injury.

Eyes not on him as much now with Ronaldo in the door but hopefully nothing to serious needs to get himself going

Thought he was better starting to get a good understanding with Shaw but he had a lot of people in his space so often when he did get past his man it was on the outside so he wasn't able to cross on his left foot.

watching MoTD, he did better than the radio made it sound. Not that they slagged him, just didn't really mention him.

He wasn't really centre stage for obvious reasons but he had some nice touches just wasn't involved in any of the major moments in the game which can happen.

Was tough Newcastle played a super defensive formation basically 5-4-1 so space was very limited especially if he wanted to come inside on to his strong foot there was just no space.

Him being able to be a little bit under the radar probably helps him as he settles back into the league we saw last season with Havertz it can take players from Germany a little while to get used to the game here.

I was quite encouraged by what I saw from Sancho. Despite Newcastle playing 9 at the back he was able to get in behind and link up inside the box and showed the ability to deal with the low block, something we sorely missed last season.

I'd love to have seen him more down the right, but I think Ole is playing more of a fluid system where players switch flanks a lot more, which makes us less predictable. Shaw has been cutting inside a lot more than last season. Not sure if that's by design, or a product of confidence as he was very successful doing it during the summer for England.

West Ham 1-2 Man Utd

Sent on to try and help us win the game but once again he was quiet just didn’t really get in the game at all.

Think we are going to have to be patient with him.

He is definitely playing within himself so far, like he's been told to just hang onto the ball and whenever possible give it to Ronaldo or Pogba. We haven't seen him run at players, and I think he's tried one shot. Patience will do.

He is definitely playing within himself so far, like he's been told to just hang onto the ball and whenever possible give it to Ronaldo or Pogba. We haven't seen him run at players, and I think he's tried one shot. Patience will do.

Just think there's an adaptation period for the lads who come over from Germany the defenders in the PL are so much quicker and stronger than what they normally face so it's not as easy to get past them.

He also needs to get that understanding with his team mates so that things become almost automatic and you can anticipate what your team mate is going to do when you give him the ball.

He's not had stinkers just not really looked particularly dangerous yet but it's a long season so hopefully things will pick up as we go further in.

He's doing alright, new league, getting over an injury, he's just finding his way.

Yes I have no concerns. He has time on his side to get use to the change. Ronaldo’s arrival has definitely helped on that front.

He needs a goal. I'd imagine that missed penalty and coming with the move has massively dented his confidence.

Think he had a habit of starting seasons slowly at Dortmund as well seem to recall especially last season he wasn't really up to much first half of the season then second half of the season he was on fire.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back