Pogba to leave?

Totally agree. The team has to be set up to compensate for Pogba, not exactly build the team around him, but acknowledging that his best role is X and it doesn't involve a great deal of tracking back. If we want the best out of Pogba we have to accommodate him, and we haven't really done that. If that's not the plan moving forward, we should - as Jsp said - get what we can and move on.

It’s always a bit of give and take in a team sport you need the balance.

You can cover defensive flaws if you are getting truly spectacular attacking outputs from a player but with Pogba we just don’t get that.

I really like Pogba I think he’s a great player but he’s got flaws to his game that he hasn’t and probably will never sort out.

It’s always a bit of give and take in a team sport you need the balance.

You can cover defensive flaws if you are getting truly spectacular attacking outputs from a player but with Pogba we just don’t get that.

I really like Pogba I think he’s a great player but he’s got flaws to his game that he hasn’t and probably will never sort out.
Agreed. The question is whether those moments of brilliance justify him starting every week. His stats have been pretty good for assists and key passes or chances created. As has been said a million times, McFred is not the complementary pairing with Pogba. I think our side needs to play with more positional freedom (as in, Bruno chases the ball usually wherever it is) and Pogba would benefit from that freedom. It means someone else needs to perform their own role plus carry water for Pogba. We don't have that player, and we probably would do better to find someone almost as good as Pogba but with fewer liabilities.

And I realize Pogba on his day is world class, and at times he was our only player who could stake a claim of being world class.

Pogba is one of the best players in the world, and the club needs to hang onto players like that.

Rumours about PSG circulating today.

I’d happily move him on great player but just doesn’t seem happy here I don’t think you want people like that in your squad.

He said he'd never play for PSG because his parents are Marseille fans

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He said he'd never play for PSG because his parents are Marseille fans

Times change and with plenty of doors closed to him and PSG a genuine European contender now I think it will appeal to him as he’ll be desperate to win a European cup before retiring.

I know it’s hard to let good players go but Pogba has struggled for consistency at Utd we’ve tried all sorts to get it to work and it hasn’t.

With only 1 year left on the deal if we can get back half what we paid I think it makes sense to use that money to rebuild.

I don't believe the rumour to be honest. Sounds like an agent trying to get a better deal.

Is it 12 months left with the extension already triggered? Or can we still trigger the year extension we usually hold on all contracts?

Unfortunately then if we can't get him to sign before the end of the month we probably have to take something for him. We can't let him walk away on a free for a second time.

I agree, but I can't see who has the money for him. I think it's all talk to make united offer a better deal.

In L'Equipe yesterday they were saying him and Pavard had a row about how little he helps out defensively.

Think he’ll sign a new deal here to be honest. Don’t believe a word of the PSG rumours.

PSG is the only club that makes any sense. The usual suspects in Spain are skinter than skint and everyone knows it, as are Juve, and we aren't going to sell him to a PL rival. If it meant we'd get Grealish in to replace him, I'd probably drive Pogba to Paris myself, but I worry that if we sell him, our replacements are Bruno and VdB, and this isn't the summer for addition by subtraction.

If I had to guess, I'd say that he's angling for a better deal.

There's been absolutely nothing from Pogba to suggest to me that he wants to stay here he made it pretty clear as far back as 2018 that he'd like to move on and I don't think he's really changed from that stance.

I just think the way this side is setup you'll never get Bruno and Pogba in the same midfield without massively exposing your defence Pogba just isn't disciplined to play in that two man role and you can't have both of them being "free" hence why Ole stuck Pogba out wide. Now we've added Sancho we don't really need or want Pogba out wide.

If PSG are seriously interested and they do need midfielders then I'd take what we can get and move on otherwise the inevitable end to this is Pogba goes on a free or Utd offer him a stupid contract that his performances don't justify.

I agree, but I can't see who has the money for him. I think it's all talk to make united offer a better deal.

In L'Equipe yesterday they were saying him and Pavard had a row about how little he helps out defensively.
Pavard is right. He didn't have a great tourney but I'd love to get Pavard in our team.

I'm not having you can't get Pogba and Bruno in the same team.

You can if you play Pogba from the left wing as we did nearly all season or played Bruno off a wing.

If you tried to play them together in a 3 you’d bring the worst from both of them by giving both defensive responsibility I just don’t think you can balance the midfield with those two together.

I just don’t think Pogba gives you enough going forward to ask others to sacrifice themselves to do his defensive work.

The Guardian reporting Pogba intends to run down his contract, then make a decision this time next year. If this is correct and the guy doesn't want to be at the club ship him out now

The Guardian reporting Pogba intends to run down his contract, then make a decision this time next year. If this is correct and the guy doesn't want to be at the club ship him out now

Where exactly can we ship him? Not being funny but there's just no market for a guy like Pogba at the moment every club knows that contract is up next summer they'll sit and wait for him rather than pay what Utd might demand.

He's not wanted to be here for about 3 years but the club wouldn't sell him so this is how that particular game ends sadly.

Where exactly can we ship him? Not being funny but there's just no market for a guy like Pogba at the moment every club knows that contract is up next summer they'll sit and wait for him rather than pay what Utd might demand.

He's not wanted to be here for about 3 years but the club wouldn't sell him so this is how that particular game ends sadly.
What about a swap deal with Real Madrid? Varane and Vinicius for Pogba.

What about a swap deal with Real Madrid? Varane and Vinicius for Pogba.

Why would we want Vinicius? Isn't he just another kid who's struggling to live up to the hype? I've not seen a lot of Madrid over recent seasons as I don't have the TV channel their games are on.

Swap deals always sound like great ideas but they are incredibly complicated 2 clubs, 2 players, 2 agents all need to reach an agreement and both clubs need to structure the deal in a way that suits their books for FFP etc.

If Real Madrid want Pogba they can make an offer for him just like any other club.

To me it feels pretty inevitable that he will end up going on a free transfer next summer unless Utd suddenly click next season and become serious contenders for the big prizes as that is what he wants to win.

Why would we want Vinicius? Isn't he just another kid who's struggling to live up to the hype? I've not seen a lot of Madrid over recent seasons as I don't have the TV channel their games are on.
And isn't he another winger?

As far as I know yes he is.
So makes literally no sense. United already have Sancho, Greenwood, Rashford, Martial, Amad and then Pellistri. Plus Pogba sometimes plays on the left. Oh and they have James.

So makes literally no sense. United already have Sancho, Greenwood, Rashford, Martial, Amad and then Pellistri. Plus Pogba sometimes plays on the left. Oh and they have James.
Amad and Pellistri are not ready. Martial is wildly inconsistent. Rashford could be out for several months with shoulder surgery. That leaves Sancho and Greenwood, and Dan James. Vinicius is 21 and yet to hit his peak. He already runs circles around Amad and Pellistri. But I get it, Vinicius is a pig in a poke: so pick a different player.

Pogba will leave for free. We are offering a lot of money for Varane. Take Varane and another player or two, and swap Pogba. Let's say we think we could get half of what we paid for Pogba, which is ridiculous at this point, something like 45 million. We are paying 30+ million for Varane, so just take him and players worth 15 million and call it a day. Pogba no longer unsettles/unbalances the team, we don't have to deal with his agent or his brother or whatever else goes on in his world, we get the player we want to shore up defense, and we get a couple of prospects/rejects/misfits.

I don't see how it's a bad deal.

He's more of a striker than a winger isn't he? Not seen much of him but liked what I've seen.

But I'd get Pogba signed down.

Turned down a new contract according to the mirror.

Talk is PSG want him and Utd will sell if their valuation is met we apparently want £50m for him.

I’d take 50m for him all.

We just need to sell him for a fee this summer. Was never fully committed to the club - good riddance

Yeah if he wants to go then got to let him leave. £50m would be a decent fee in these times but then we would have to replace him with some real quality. Say what you will about him but he has star quality - not always evident in every game but he still makes things happen.

Still not convinced he will go in truth. I’m about as convinced as expecting Varane to rock up.

Turned down 350 grand a week

Safe to say he's off, shame. But we move on

This thread has being running since 2018! Shows there have been issues. But few match his class in the team sadly

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back