Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be a slow news day if that's doing the rounds again.

Can never rule it out Utd have a pattern now of signing these ageing players as short term fixes to our longer term problems.

Juventus will probably want him off the books because of the wages only 1 year left on his contract so last chance for a fee but at 36 realistically what if anything is a club going to want to pay?

If Utd are drawing up shortlist of striker options for next season assuming Cavani is going then having Ronaldo on it makes a lot of sense but does he actually want to come back or is he playing games?

There's similar talk that he might go back to Madrid.

lovely end to a career to bring a title back to united.

But honestly, we should be avoiding this like the plague.

I dunno he still bangs them in and success follows him there's worse signings that could be made he's still at 36 a much better option than Martial at centre forward.

It shouldn't be your number 1 priority but if you could do a deal with Juve where he's basically on a free would a 2 year contract on big wages be the end of the world?

He's about as close as you can get to a sure thing 20-25 goals a season striker you will find.

the worry is, we lose Pogba for peanuts in the deal

what if he wants pens.

You can just tie yourselves in knots worrying about the finances a straight swap deal is a bad deal for Utd. A Ronaldo plus say 30m for Pogba deal isn't actually that bad as it solves our striker position and gives us 30m towards sorting the other problems.

Personally I'd be trying to use Ronaldo coming to Utd as a reason for Pogba to commit and stay with the club, that move back to Juve might not look so sweet to him now they've lost their crown in Italy and look well off in Europe. I do just feel with Pogba that he's made his decision and won't be going back on it.

Yeah if Ronaldo comes he'll want to take penalties Bruno probably just has to accept that like he does for Portugal just don't let Ronaldo start taking the free kicks as he scores about 1 in 100. That comes down to strong management Ole needs to be albe to say to Ronaldo you're not here to pad your stats we've got a world class free kick taker so he'll keep taking them.

Whatever happens it looks like Cavani is probably off this summer so Utd need a top class striker for next season to me Ronaldo is a guy you have to put on the list as a potential option.

My gut still says Ronaldo probably doesn't want to come back to Utd if he leaves Juve I think he'll be doing all he can to get back to Madrid the Utd stuff is just the usual nonsense around that topic.

Wouldn't be surprised if Ronaldo ends up somewhere a little easier than Spain or England. He just wants to extend that goal record from Messi now.

Messi is on 734. About 40 behind. Ronaldo will want that record long after he retires.

I've not watched him often this season but when I have he's not stood out. He's not a dominant force in games anymore that simply can't be stopped. Though his stats do tell a different story. Just doesn't feel the same when watching him.

Fact is, and knowing what we know now, Ronaldo is probably only a notch better than Lingard. He just got better breaks and was more marketable due to his good looks and better physique.

Fact is, and knowing what we know now, Ronaldo is probably only a notch better than Lingard. He just got better breaks and was more marketable due to his good looks and better physique.
Keep off the sauce, there's a good man.

Been on the special juice for sure.

Sarcasm monitor is off the scale with that post

Sarcasm monitor is off the scale with that post
Maybe, but it is still better than the opening post, or the thread as a whole for that matter! I would suggest it's MrC been treading the grapes.
Here, did I tell you? I cant start a thread :rolleyes:

I didn't start the thread, I commented on a Ronaldo thread I have read 3 reports today linking him to United.

A mod must have taken it and started a thread.

Haha, I didn't
Ronaldo 700 or something was where I posted

left speechless by that 1 sheriff !

Maybe, but it is still better than the opening post, or the thread as a whole for that matter! I would suggest it's MrC been treading the grapes.
Here, did I tell you? I cant start a thread :rolleyes:

These posts were moved from a previous thread about Ronaldo by one of the mods/admins.

If he comes on a free/token fee then, yes please. He'd demand so much more from those on the pitch with him that the effort/professionalism would go up instantly, plus he'd still score more than his share of goals. If he's part of a swap for Pogba then we need to laugh and walk away shaking our heads.

Pogba only has 1 year left after this dont he ? Ronaldo and Anything at all would be ideal.

Pogba is down to his last 12 months so his value will be down.

We saw last summer prices are well down Thiago was in a similar situation maybe not quite as high profile player as Pogba but he went for around 30m in the end compare that to the season before where Hazard with 12 months left went for 130m.

hahahahahahaha

Seems crazy now but at the time it seemed about right he was so good for Chelsea but he's been a disaster for Madrid you can sometimes foret he even still exists as you just never really hear about him.

He's flopped harder than Coutinho at Barca.

To an extent it's a shame as I loved watching Hazard play incredible balance and could basically do whatever he wanted with the ball almost untouchable.

Pogba only has 1 year left after this dont he ? Ronaldo and Anything at all would be ideal.
Given the inevitable Coronavirus excuse from the gimps, we need a large fee for Pogba that can be reinvested in a player who can offer what we were missing when he was injured (and when he couldn't be bothered) plus extra cash to go toward other areas (CB, CF, RW, DM etc.). A straight swap won't cut it.

Seems crazy now but at the time it seemed about right he was so good for Chelsea but he's been a disaster for Madrid you can sometimes foret he even still exists as you just never really hear about him.

He's flopped harder than Coutinho at Barca.

To an extent it's a shame as I loved watching Hazard play incredible balance and could basically do whatever he wanted with the ball almost untouchable.
Chelsea's ability to get huge fees for their outgoings really is enviable.

yeah that's true, but they did buy Torres too, to make you feel better

Chelsea's ability to get huge fees for their outgoings really is enviable.

True but you could argue they sold De Bruyne & Salah for a lot less than they should have done but with them it's volume they do so many transfers no one really spots the terrible ones.

Think a lot of it comes from them being prepared to have played who will come in for a year or two do a job and move on they don't really sit on players they can sell and they don't pay squad players silly wages so they won't ever leave. They try and have a core of the team that stick around but they always seem to have players who come and go for short spells and are totally forgettable.

Utd are getting better at this side of the game but we tend to take the longer term approach with players we sign players and expect them to spend the rest of their career at the club.

Massimo Mauro: “Ronaldo has never been a leader where he has played and he never will be.
"He is like a company and his turnover is more important to him than the success of the team.
"Cristiano doesn't drag his team-mates along with him, he always wants them to give him the ball to score goals. He is a great individualist, he is not a team player.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back