Top 4 Race 2020/21

Not having that Moyes set us back years totally the wrong man to replace Sir Alex.

He’s doing well at West Ham but that is his level.

Moyes didnt set us back years at all. Others did.
Hey, I also lost total faith and hope, it got so dire and depressing I couldnt take it anymore and wanted him out. But for me it largely stayed that way prior to Ole who has offered hope regardless of the fact that we still have problems and still produce some very poor performances.
I was never rally happy during the LVG or JM era's. How come you lay all the blame at Moyes door?

Moyes was terrible and set us back years, he had a title winning team and dropped us out of CL which affected our transfer strategy.

He showed rio a video of Jagielka ffs.

Out of his depth

Moyes was a rabbit in the headlights at Utd from day one you could see the players weren’t having him.

He had the impossible job but he was terrible at it came in with no plan whatsoever.

Has never looked like an elite manager he’ll make you a good solid side but he lacks the guts to go for a kill against the top sides he always plays safe. That was what lost him the Everton fans in the end they had some good sides but he was always afraid to go all out against the top sides.

Even West Ham when they’ve come to old Trafford this season they’ve sat off us rather than go for us.

Moyes was terrible and set us back years, he had a title winning team and dropped us out of CL which affected our transfer strategy.

He showed rio a video of Jagielka ffs.

Out of his depth
Only Fergie could have won a title with that lot. Even Fergie knew that and he got out at exactly the right time. A wise old hawk to the end.

30 played

2nd Man Utd 60 points
3rd Leicester 56 points
4th West Ham 52 points
--------------------------------
5th Chelsea 51 points
6th Spurs 49 points
7th Liverpool 49 points
8th Everton 47 points (1 game in hand)

Think it’s time to rule Villa out of the race.

Big result for West Ham tonight they’ve lost Rice for a month but still went away and got the 3 points.

4th spot with 8 games to go.

Fat chance, I have never doubted top 4 and been confident of 2nd for some time.
We may not be the finished article but neither are any of our top 4 competitors. So we only need to be as good as them. And we are!

Chelsea can finish on a total of 75 points, therefore United require a maximum of 16 points from 8 games.

Big week next week.

West Ham Vs Leicester

We've got Tottenham.

Don't like to say it out loud but it's done for us. We aren't throwing it away from here. Further progress for Ole getting us in there comfortably.

Chelsea can finish on a total of 75 points, therefore United require a maximum of 16 points from 8 games.

It's actually better than that.

West Ham have Chelsea so for Chelsea to get to 75, West Ham can only get to 73. So we need 14 points.

It's actually better than that.

West Ham have Chelsea so for Chelsea to get to 75, West Ham can only get to 73. So we need 14 points.
Are you on furlough? I think you need to get back to work. Your overthinking things.

Nope. Not on Furlough. Not really overthought it. Just used to playing Football Manager. Check the points you need and check the remaining fixtures. 74 points guarantees us a top 4 finish regardless of anything else that happens.

Though people said we needed to improve our points total not finishing position for Ole to say he's improving. 66 was what we got last year and we should blow past that.

Yay, top four trophy! Shall we book an open-top bus?

So is next season's progress playing good football?
Fantastic ! couldn't agree more. great to see that I'm not the only one that believes , scraping past so many teams from the lower part of the League , and watching Ole run onto the pitch after the game , beaming like the proverbial Cheshire , is so bloody infuriating.
Run onto the Wembley turf to congratulate your players , after winning some silverware Ole , that would impress us all. Chances of that happening ? minimal , I would suggest !

Nope. Not on Furlough. Not really overthought it. Just used to playing Football Manager. Check the points you need and check the remaining fixtures. 74 points guarantees us a top 4 finish regardless of anything else that happens.

Though people said we needed to improve our points total not finishing position for Ole to say he's improving. 66 was what we got last year and we should blow past that.
A little more simple. Have the players , attitude and tactical nuance , on the park , and win every game you play ! That rules out worrying about other teams' points target !

you don't go from having a terrible squad and a demoralised team to winning the league in two seasons. Surely you can see that.

We dont have the squad to compete next year either, some investment is seriously needed.

He's done a great job.

Not sure what some fans expect. Free flowing football and saunter to te league, with Fred and Matic.Mctom in the middle, Martial up top, a keeper out of form and CB's that are error prone.

We are not entitled to win the league you know, I would say Liverpool and Chelsea have better squads than us, and they should be above us. I still think Spurs should be doing much better with that squad too. But that's Jose for you

you don't go from having a terrible squad and a demoralised team to winning the league in two seasons. Surely you can see that.

We dont have the squad to compete next year either, some investment is seriously needed.

He's done a great job.

Not sure what some fans expect. Free flowing football and saunter to te league, with Fred and Matic.Mctom in the middle, Martial up top, a keeper out of form and CB's that are error prone.

We are not entitled to win the league you know, I would say Liverpool and Chelsea have better squads than us, and they should be above us. I still think Spurs should be doing much better with that squad too. But that's Jose for you
I think you could maybe add Macallsfield Rovers to that list !

Think getting 75-80 points would be a good improvement challenge will be to add to that again next season.

He's done a great job.

Exactly this! People seem to forget that Ole hasn't inherited the 11 points Champions, with a proven pedigree of winning, a culture of excellence, institutional knowledge and a squad with league and CL winners. He's taken over a club that had its soul ripped out by Moyes, any style and verve axe murdered by LvG, and a mismatched squad cobbled together and then demoralized by Mourinho. We aren't a soulless plastic club like Chelsea where we can replace players and managers at a whim and great expense.

Ole has had to rebuild a toxic waste dump, remove a lot of cancerous dead wood, reset the United way and has done a fantastic job so far. As Mr C pointed out, that job is far from complete (which is on Ed/Joel, not him).

Yes, I know, finishing in the top 4 doesn't get you a trophy, and we aren't Arsenal, but it is progress. This is why finishing second is so important, not because of the league position, but because it means we are better than Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs, Leicester etc., with the final hurdle to overcome. Progress. Progress, by the way, that would've been much faster if Ed/Joel would pitch in and help the manager out in the market like they should've done last summer.

31 played

2nd Man Utd 63 points
3rd Leicester 56 points
4th West Ham 55 points
5th Chelsea 54 points
6th Liverpool 52 points
7th Spurs 49 points
8th Everton 47 points (2 games in hand)

Big win for Liverpool at the weekend last minute winner but West Ham just keep going.

We're surrounded by a collection of utterly despicible clubs (Leicester being the least so of the bunch). Honestly, I'd probably prefer Arsenal come storming up from 9th to get 4th than any of that lot.

31 played

2nd Man Utd 63 points
3rd Leicester 56 points
4th West Ham 55 points
5th Chelsea 54 points
6th Liverpool 52 points
7th Spurs 49 points
8th Everton 48 points (1 games in hand)

Think that is Everton out of the race for top 4 now and it feels generous to include Spurs at this point.

Leicester look like the one who are wobbling at the moment happened to them last season will it happen again?

Yeah Liverpool are picking up a bit of momentum now the injuries are settling down that win on Saturday was huge they were all over Villa and they battered Arsenal last week so I think they'll finish strong in the league.

Chelsea's problem could be their progress in Europe assuming they go through they have to go strong in both semi finals but they've got a lot of depth in the squad and Tuchel seems to be getting a tune out of everyone.

West Ham just feel like they've gone to early surely at some point this run ends and they'll fall back a bit and end up being just short.

Yeah Liverpool are picking up a bit of momentum now the injuries are settling down that win on Saturday was huge they were all over Villa and they battered Arsenal last week so I think they'll finish strong in the league.

Chelsea's problem could be their progress in Europe assuming they go through they have to go strong in both semi finals but they've got a lot of depth in the squad and Tuchel seems to be getting a tune out of everyone.

West Ham just feel like they've gone to early surely at some point this run ends and they'll fall back a bit and end up being just short.
I'm not too concerned who comes in 3rd or 4th.
As long as we take 2nd place, this season, I really want to see us build on that i.e. the transfer window

I'm not too concerned who comes in 3rd or 4th.
As long as we take 2nd place, this season, I really want to see us build on that i.e. the transfer window

Not that bothered either but it would be sweet if Chelsea/Liverpool also missed out on top 4 as it stops them from being able to spend.

Utd have to keep looking upwards and closing that gap to the top spot.

We got to keep pace in the league with Man City if we can finish the season Say 6 points behind them then you could say we were in a title Race

Spurs and West Ham have dropped points already this weekend big chance for the chasing pack

Spurs and Everton are out the race. For me It's down to 4

Spurs and Everton are out the race. For me It's down to 4
I'd chuck West Ham in the done like dinner pile as well. Unless Leicester bottle another run in, it'll come down to Chelsea (gag) or the Scouse (double gag.) Pick your poison type stuff, but Chelsea have the money to spend this summer regardless of CL football. Liverpool don't.

Does this even matter anymore?

32 played

2nd Man Utd 66 points
3rd Leicester 56 points (31 played)
4th West Ham 55 points
5th Chelsea 54 points (31 played)
6th Liverpool 53 points
7th Spurs 50 points
8th Everton 49 points (31 played)

I've kept them on the list but I reckon Everton and Spurs are out of it now.

Utd are almost guaranteed 11 clear of West Ham who could be the 5th placed team once the games are all level plus with teams still playing against each other not all the teams below us can pick up maximum points. So 11 clear with only 18 points to play for it is all but done.

West Ham and Liverpool both slipped up over the weekend so Chelsea and Leciester could take the lead in the race for the remaining places both will play again midweek to catch up the games they missed this weekend due to FA Cup action.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back