3rd Leicester 49 points
4th West Ham 45 points
--------------------------------
5th Chelsea 44 points
6th Liverpool 43 points.
7th Everton 40 points (2 games in hand)
8th Spurs 39 points (1 game in hand)
9th Villa 39 points (2 games in hand)

I'd say all these clubs have realistic chances of a top 4 finish.

You would like to think Utd with the 6 point buffer should have enough but we've hit the rocks a bit and Leicester in 3rd have serious injury problems mounting up key players are getting injured which is what killed them last season.

Think even with the games in hand Villa are probably to far back.

I agree Leicester might struggle, we've a few tough games coming up, if we can keep some kind of momentum we should do it?

I think us and Chelsea will get there, probably Liverpool too

Yeah you'd expect Chelsea/Liverpool to displace Leicester/West Ham over the next couple of months but Liverpool's injuries just keep growing and it's hard to see how they really recover as they are so vulnerable right now.

Everton to me are the ones to watch they aren't totally reliant on 1 player which makes them dangerous no other distractions and a top quality manager so if they can keep the main guys fit they could finish really strong.

I don't think Liverpool will make it. They seem to be crumbling instead of getting back on track.

Would love to see West Ham make it but they've got a horrible run of games coming up.

I don't want West Ham to make it because I'll never forgive Moyes for what he did to our club that man deserves no success but you do have to say he's built a cracking team at West Ham

I don't like West Ham that much but would be a real f*ck you to the established clubs if someone as unfashionable as them made it.

I don't like West Ham that much but would be a real f*ck you to the established clubs if someone as unfashionable as them made it.

Would be quite funny if they made it after a season with no fans after 2-3 seasons of their fans moaning about the stadium move.

I’d rather Everton get in ahead of Liverpool because let’s just face it lol’s

If we got second but we’re 20points behind city would that really be good enough? We’re miles behind city in every aspect at the moment and it hurts , we need some big changes at the club we’re never going to win a league with the glaziers in charge,

By the players they're buying, it's a long term thing I'd say, another two seasons

If we got second but we’re 20points behind city would that really be good enough? We’re miles behind city in every aspect at the moment and it hurts , we need some big changes at the club we’re never going to win a league with the glaziers in charge,

Depends how many points we get if we get to 75-80 points and they get 90 then fair enough we've massively improved our points total from the previous seasons but that becomes the new bar next season can we get to 80-85. At current pace Utd will get 73 City will get 91 I expect Utd will creep up a bit and City may drop off a little bit that's a bit gap to close but we're dealing with a very consistent opponent they had a bit of a wobble last season and Liverpool pounced on it next time they wobble Utd need to be the one ready to pounce.

It's all about our progress if City want to keep the bar that high and hit 90 odd points every season the challenge is on us to go match that but we aren't going to suddenly jump to 65-70 points a season to 90 points. 4 months ago no one say this run from City coming but they've found a formula that works and been an unstoppable force.

I actually think we can win the league despite the owners we have we just need to spend our money wisely because of FFP we can actually spend on par with City but what we're not doing is spending it very well and they also recycle players well. They have guys who come in for £30m do a job for them for a few seasons then leave for a similar fee Utd seem to hold on to players to squeeze every last drop from them which has to stop. This doesn't mean we buy cheap it means when we buy we have to buy right we can't afford mistakes we need the investment in kids like Amad and Pellestri to pay off big time but that sort of model is risky as development of talent is tough.

A big thing towards building that squad will be consistent top 4 finishes and starting to compete in the CL again as competing at that level bringing back those glory nights at Old Trafford will attract the top players and you need the CL money to pay their wages.

2nd Man Utd 50 points
3rd Leicester 49 points
4th West Ham 45 points
5th Chelsea 44 points
6th Liverpool 43 points.
7th Everton 43 points (1 games in hand)
8th Spurs 39 points (1 game in hand)

jsp...
...where do you find the time?
The time spent posting must take up most of your day.
Then again, the forum owes you a big thank you.
Like Sergio Ramos, you are this forum’s heart beat.
Don’t seek a transfer. You would be badly missed...
...like Sergio.

27 played

2nd Man Utd 51 points
3rd Leicester 50 points
4th Chelsea 47 points
5th Everton 46 points (1 game in hand)
6th West Ham 45 points (1 game in hand)
7th Liverpool 43 points.
8th Spurs 42 points (1 game in hand)

Villa losing to Sheff Utd I think means they’re now out of the race even with the games in hand.

Utd & Leicester dropping points means they are being clawed back into the race which will worry them as they are the teams stumbling at the moment.

Utd next 2 league games are City (a) and West Ham (h) if they don’t get a minimum of 3 points from those two games they are in big trouble.

We ruling Arsenal out of it yet?

Villa draw with Wolves.

Leciester losing 1-0 to Brighton. With the number of injuries they have to key players it's looking difficult for them now. Justin is a big miss. Maddison and Barnes missing again today.

I have never considered Arsenal in it.

City
United
Everton
Liverpool

Were bloody surrounded!

Leicester look like they are going to take the points tonight after trailing Brighton. We will be third after weekend set of games. Not a chance of anything tomorrow.

I ruled Arsenal out to many points behind, form is sketchy and to many teams ahead of them to get past.

Beat West Ham and this is a big weekend. Chance for 4th 5th 6th 7th to all drop points.

Yep so far all going our way but West Ham will be thinking the same.

29 played

2nd Man Utd 57 points
3rd Leicester 56 points
4th Chelsea 51 points
5th West Ham 48 points (1 game in hand)
6th Everton 46 points (1 game in hand)
7th Spurs 45 points (1 game in hand)
8th Liverpool 43 points (1 game in hand)
9th Villa 41points (2 games in hand)

Utd and Leicester the big winners this weekend.

If West Ham and Chelsea were to win out they'd get 78 points. West Ham and Chelsea also play each other so 76 points would definitely be good enough. (Just in terms of a top 4 place not the season as a whole)

19 from 9 required to guarantee it regardless of what everyone else does.

Yeah after the break we've got Spurs away if we can go there and avoid defeat think that's another big blow landed on a rival in terms of top 4.

I've kept Villa on the list because of the games in hand but I think they're out of it now and if Liverpool lose tonight away to Wolves you have to say they might be out of the race too. 8 points behind with 9 to play they just don't look like a side that could make up that sort of gap at the moment they'd need to be close to perfect to make up that gap based on current form of teams at the top.

West Ham 3-1 up against Arsenal in the first half will be a big win for them if they can see it through.

Villa vs Spurs tonight I think Villa are out of the race but a win vs Spurs could also knock them out of the race too

3-3 now with 10 minutes to go.

Great game

Chelsea 3-1 down Vs West Brom. Down to 10. Half hour to go. Two wonderful goals.

5-2 now. Great result for the rest of us as not one you'd expect them to slip up on.

Win tomorrow should pretty much seal top 4.
It would certainly go a long way towards achieving it , but I would really like to see , is a performance that would really impress , and let other clubs around us think " well , that's Man U back to their best ! "
That would put a lot of extra pressure on their shoulders, and perhaps, get them thinking that they will be playing for 3rd or 4th place !

30 played

2nd Man Utd 60 points
3rd Leicester 56 points
4th Chelsea 51 points
5th Spurs 49 points
6th Liverpool 49 points
7th West Ham 49 points (1 game in hand)
8th Everton 47 points (1 game in hand)
9th Villa 44 points (1 game in hand)

I do hope Moyes gets a result tonight, I would be well happy if West Ham got top 4.
United ruined Moyes, not the other way around.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back