Ashley Young - officially signed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ashley Young

Erm... I think we need a left footed winger really if we're to get a winger, don't think Ashley Young is. Correct me if i'm wrong there.

I think the one thing we're missing is a naturally left footed winger. Need someone to go to the byline aswell as Evra, all we've got on the left is cut inside or pass to Evra, need more options down there. By the way i'm not forgetting Giggs.

Young is one of the better crossers in England , and his set pieces are excellent. I'd like to see him at United... Him and nani switching wings constantly! Brilliant

Young isn't World class but an excellent winger, he good with both feet, takes good set pieces. can play down both wings and has great pace.
a good buy for any prem team i think but not worth 20 mill though

seems we're close to signing him in a 13m deal in Jan, and read also that Gibbo might be part of the deal??

His left foot has improved and still is. He's not as young as people think he is, 25 going on 26. Homegrown player.

i think Fergie isn't too sure how Valencia will be when he returns, and Obertan isn't consistent though to provide decent cover, with Ji missing in Jan for the Asia cup, Young could be a good buy.
he'd be eligible for the next stages of CL too.

I still believe Fergie was talking about Sanchez in the programme notes. It was said on the 2 last days of the transfer windows that we'd had a bid accepted by Udinese, then it was later said that Udinese didn't want him to leave until the Summer.

Not seen much of Ashley Young, impressed me recently, mainly for England the other night and against us the other week. Could see a return to 4-2-3-1 if we sign either Young or Sanchez as both can play on either wing and in an AMC role.

I'd rather we gave Cleverley a chance

Agree with this. Especially with Valencia back too. Central Midfielder(s) needed more than anything, someone to replace Hargo and someone to partly replace Scholesy, don't think he'll carry on for another year.

Before we buy I'd rather go with our youngsters - Tom Cleverly, Ryan Tunnicliffe, both will come good when getting a chance to prove ....

I think we'll sign Young in the Summer and he would be a good buy. We need a left winger and Young can play down either wing! And also he's English so help's with the squad restrictions

If we do sign him or someone else who can play on either wing or behind a striker I can see a return to 4-2-3-1.

we can still use a 4-2--3-1, with Ando playing the AMC?
another advantage of getting Young is that it also helps us with our set pieces, we have been terrible from free kicks this season!

I doubt SAF is going to splash any cash on this guy, and even if we did other teams will outbid us. Thanks to Glazers we don't have the ammo left to compete.
United will offer 9million, and 80,000 a week. city or Chelsea will offer 250k a week and we all know where Young will land up

Personally think Ando is more of a Box to Box player than an AMC, don't think that will change unless he improves his goalscoring record. The reason I mentioned the 4-2-3-1 if we bought Young or someone similar is that he can play all across that 3; left, central or right, as could Nani in my opinion.

Nah not a box to box player. Anderson sprints and runs in short bursts which takes more out of you quicker that's why people talk about his fitness but do you really think Fergie and the staff would put an unfit player on the field? Carrick and Fletcher may cover more ground than Anderson but they arent doing it at the pace Anderson is.

I sort of agree but without recurring knee injuries and a pre-season I think his fitness would improve. Don't rule it out next season.

Pfft... Im generally not pessimistic about players we are linked with but I really don't see why we should sign Young. I can think of about 5 or 6 better, younger alternatives. Tbh I doubt we will sign him, I think being linked with him shows that we are in for a winger, especially with us strongly linked with Sanchez, Bale etc.

Think he could be on the list of possible wingers to sign but I doubt he would be near the top of the list, well I hope he isn't anyway. I've said the same about Gareth Barry and James Milner (both over hyped/priced because of their nationality) Always felt both of those, who we were both linked with us btw, were ridiculously over hyped and I feel the same about Young. He is a decent player but we have plenty of them.

Bale and Sanchez are world class wingers and will surely be at the top of the list. Hopefully City or Liverpool will do what they do best and sign Young - they both have a habit of signing all the players I don't want United to sign

I think Young will be the cheap option. Hoping we go with Sanchez.

Couldnt Valencia play in the middle? Doesnt he do that for Ecuador?

Ashley Young isn't that bad a player actually? i know most English players are over priced but doesn't mean all are not worth it?
Carrick was overpriced also i think, he's turned out an excellent buy.

Even Smalling cost us a lot for a 20 year old who hadn't seen much first team action? and i remember watching him playing for Fulham, his game was very error prone and i thought he'd take atleast 2 seasons before becoming a regular for us. He stepped up his game after joining us!

If YOung did join us, playing alongside world Class players it could raise his game

Yeah I don't think he is a bad player, he is a pretty decent player, as are Barry and Milner. But what I'm saying is they are not top class players and aren't better than what we've got. Id prefer our youngsters to be given a chance rather than sign good enough players like Young. Maybe I'm being a bit harsh on him but I believe strongly that if we are going to dip into the transfer market then we should sign top class players who could really improve the team, like Sanchez.

Don't think Smalling can be compared to Young as Young is 25 or 26 and is already an established player, whereas Smalling was a raw talent considering he had only been playing professional football for a short time. The good thing about Young though is that he is very good from set pieces and he would come relatively cheap considering his contract is up soon enough, but there are a lot of better wingers out there.

I have a feeling we might keep Owen, and I think Carrick might be the one leaving after the Liverpool fiasco! He might have until the end of the season to change Sir Alex's mind though.

Rodwell + Young would be perfect additions to the team! Plus if we are signing Pastore then I think these 3 players are more than enough!

We wont sign Pastore and no he cant play in a two man mid. Rodwell 25 million? what a joke he's good but he hasnt justified that price tag. I can definitely see Young signing.

Problem with Rodwell, signed new deal at the beginning of the season I think or maybe that was just on my Football Manager, can't remember. His improvement has stagnated due to injuries, and he's been at a club that haven't been performing. Got a lot of potential, is versatile, £25m is a lot though, but probably what will have to be paid to get him.

I'm not a huge fan of Ashley Young. I know he's English, but I don't think he's United quality. It's a quandary: we have two quality right side wingers, and need someone for the left, but I don't think it's Young....

Won't be surprised if Rodwell costs 25 mill, all English players are over priced!! and over hyped too. Rodwell is far from the finished article but certainly has the potential!

Youn would be a good buy i think, good pace and technique. Can put in excellent crosses. also very good at set-pieces, just what we need from a winger

Think I read something about this on a newspaper website. Something about Capello telling him he needs to move to a bigger club if he wants to improve and continue to be picked by England for qualifiers and Euro 2012.

I am very much coming round to the idea of it. Has to be cheap-ish though. Versatile player. Homegrown. He's not gonna be a key player for us, but he'll be a very good squad addition.

In fairness to Young, i thought he did quite well with England. He was impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back