Loan Watch 2020/21: James Garner at Nottingham Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
His loan move to Watford ended early change in management worked against him the new guy wasn’t interested so he came back to Utd but he’s straight out again to join Forest. They’re battling relegation so will be a different sort of environment to the one he’s been used to but should be good for him.

Hopefully can force his way into the team and get some playing time.

Played the full 90 in a 3-0 win today.

Judging by the comments on social media from Forest fans they are very impressed by him.

Let’s hope it’s a much better loan move than the last one.

He’s a name that always seemed to pop up amongst those who follow the young teams as one to keep an eye on.

He’s a name that always seemed to pop up amongst those who follow the young teams as one to keep an eye on.
Yeah he has always been someone that has stood out for the youth teams and identified as a future good player. Didn’t work out at Watford but it’s been a promising start for Forest - long may that continue.

Just given man of the match on the TV vs Brentford.

Seeing very good reviews of his performances so far.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Seems to be doing really well there. I think another season out on loan, preferably to a premier league club, and hopefully ready for us the year after.

I think he might be with the first team at the start of the season we are short in midfield.

Good to see him doing well the Watford spell didn’t work out for him seems to be thriving under Houghton.

We seem to have so much potential you start to ask how many can actually make it (with us) in a reasonable timescale and without saturation. Could there really be a Class of 22? OR in our quest to get back to the top will we be signing proven and ready made talent to snuff such potential out?
I was going to start a Class of 22 thread, but of course, I'm not allowed :rolleyes:

Can somebody fire up a Class of 22 thread? would make good craic about who it might be.

I think he might be with the first team at the start of the season we are short in midfield.

Good to see him doing well the Watford spell didn’t work out for him seems to be thriving under Houghton.
If he is a genuine starter for the first team then fair enough, but if he is a player that is too good for the u23s but not yet ready for the first team then I would rather he be out on loan gaining experience than sat on our bench every week.

We seem to have so much potential you start to ask how many can actually make it (with us) in a reasonable timescale and without saturation. Could there really be a Class of 22? OR in our quest to get back to the top will we be signing proven and ready made talent to snuff such potential out?
I was going to start a Class of 22 thread, but of course, I'm not allowed :rolleyes:
You might not be talking about a class of 22 had you seen the youth cup game yesterday. We do have lots of potential but they had a bad day at the office yesterday.

If he is a genuine starter for the first team then fair enough, but if he is a player that is too good for the u23s but not yet ready for the first team then I would rather he be out on loan gaining experience than sat on our bench every week.

Just think the midfield looks short this summer you assume VDB and Pogba will leave we know Fred/Matic can't cut it I think there’s a chance for him to get in amongst it and maybe make an impression early in the season. Hard to see Utd spending big in midfield in the summer.

Not saying he will be a starter but I think there’s a chance for him to get 10-15 appearances in the first team next season which would be more valuable then getting games on loan.

I’d keep him around for the first half of the season if he’s not made a breakthrough get him out on loan as he’s to good for U23 football now.

Yep heard there's a few clubs interested in him for next season.

One of them was Rangers.

That could be a really good move for him if they see him as a serious first team option playing at a club potentially in the CL where the pressure to perform every single week is huge. Standard might be lower than the Championship but could be a good test for his mentality and how he handles pressure.

Yep heard there's a few clubs interested in him for next season.

One of them was Rangers.

That could be a really good move for him if they see him as a serious first team option playing at a club potentially in the CL where the pressure to perform every single week is huge. Standard might be lower than the Championship but could be a good test for his mentality and how he handles pressure.
o_O BOP!!!! thats the first boppin I gave out for some time. There are mitigating circumstances yer honour.

o_O BOP!!!! thats the first boppin I gave out for some time. There are mitigating circumstances yer honour.

I knew you’d nibble but I think it’s fair the championship is a very strong league and outside the top 2 in Scotland there’s a big dip in quality.

I knew you’d nibble but I think it’s fair the championship is a very strong league and outside the top 2 in Scotland there’s a big dip in quality.
Of course I agree, but there are still a couple of Scottish teams could walk straight into it

Scored an absolute banger for Forest today.

4 goals from centre mid in half a season.

Fans seem to really like him had a positive impact on a struggling team.

Might not be next season but think this kid will get a chance in the first team at some point given our lack of options in centre mid that chance could come next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back