FA cup: Man Utd vs Liverpool Sun 24/01 KO 17:00

Mr C

It's a tricky one for me.

I don't really care about the FA cup. I'd much rather we concentrated on the league. So I feel we need to rest players here. But it is a real good chance to turn the screw on Liverpool. What to do....

Henderson
AWB
Maguire
Bailly
Telles
Pogba
Mctom
Fred
DVB
Rashford
Greenwood

Liverpool rested players mid week so I think they're going to go strong against us they need a win.

It's a really tricky one for Ole here a win for Liverpool would give them a big boost and damage our confidence so he probably has to go slightly stronger than he would like to have done.

The players who I think are crying out for a rest would be AWB, Maguire, Bruno and Rashford they'd be the ones I'd rest if we have the opportunity. Not sure if Williams is fit got a feeling he's injured so might need to be Tuanzebe dropping in at right back.

Henderson

Tuanzebe Lindelof Bailly Shaw

McTominay Fred VDB

Greenwood Martial Pogba

Yeah Rashford must be starting. Think we'll see a mix of rotation.

Henderson

Tuanzebe Lindelof Maguire Shaw

McTominay Fred Donny

Greenwood Rashford James

Think Rashford looked like he needs a proper rest I'd try and give him another game off the bench if we can.

The next league game on paper isn't to tough so maybe he can afford to be a bit stronger here and start weaker vs Sheffield Utd.

They've had less rest than us going in.

My guess is tactically it'll be a bit like Anfield in the league safe and cautious for the first hour then try and put the squeeze on them late in the game as they get tired.

If we can be a bit smarter with the offsides when we counter.

Winning a trophy is what Ole and this side need. That said, I agree with Mr C that the league is the priority. Plus it's the hated Scousers. I don't think Ole is going to chop and change that much. I'd expect 1 or 2 changes at the most. I think for the psychological well-being of this team we don't want to get embarrassed out there. Strongest lineup. I'm putting in Matic, as Fred was diabolical.

------------------------DeGea-----------------------
AWB------Lindelof--------Maguire----------Shaw
--------------McTominay-----Matic---------------
Rashford--------------Bruno--------------Pogba
---------------------Cavani------------------------

EDIT: I left out Pogba by mistake. He is now in and Martial is out.

Go strong against Liverpool, I'm not a fan of the cup but if we rested players and took a pasting, it could boost Liverpools season in all competitions. Their confidence is on the floor, go for a big win.

We've gone very strong

Henderson

AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw

Donny McT Pogba

Greenwood Cavani Rashford

I was just about to say, compared to seasons past, we looked good against them

0-1 Salah

Poor in midfield Wijnaldum and Firmino put under no pressure to play passes cut straight through us and top class finish by Salah.

I can see why Donny doesn't get picked much
That's more than a bit unfair imo, he's been given zero chance to build up any match sharpness then dropped into a big cup tie against Liverpool. Did you expect him to be bossing it?

He had that chance to go down the wing and bottled it did Donny.

We haven’t quite got a grip of their 442 system playing 4 centre Mids narrow and dominating the middle.

We’ve started ok but you can’t make it that easy for your opponent to score.

That's more than a bit unfair imo, he's been given zero chance to build up any match sharpness then dropped into a big cup tie against Liverpool. Did you expect him to be bossing it?
You need to be ready to take your chance. I'd have him off at HT for Bruno

Recovered well after their goal lovely finish by Greenwood to make it 1-1

Much more open game than last week good to see us having a go against a strong opponent.

I think we look good considering this is the best team in Europe. Enjoyed it

Had some good chances to get ahead as well.

This Liverpool team are here for the taking.

The confidence in this side is like a Fergie side. Looking great

Another dumb goal to give away very sloppy from Cavani ruthlessly punished.

Been poor since going ahead let them get on to of us and it felt like that goal was coming.

Mane on for them they’re going for it now they smell blood.

Utd need to react Everything has gone a bit panic stations and rushed.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back