£15 to watch Premier League games not already televised by Sky Sports and BT Sport

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I get people saying that we wouldent of had this before, but then on the flip side we arent physically able to go to games.

So rather than doing what they intially did and let us watch 3pm games for free, they've changed tact and now will charge £14.95, even more than a now tv day pass ?

Timing isn't great.

£14.95 per game? They having a laugh?
Evidently not bud, I imagine a lot more people will start using IPTV or dodgy streams, I hate streaming which is why I pay for bloody every possible avenue of coverage, but at £14.95 per game its seriously going to take some doing if im paying that on top of everything else.

There's still the normal way of watching 3pm kick offs I guess and I wonder what pubs will have to pay to show them legally.

No surprise really the extra games for free was only going to last so long

Going to be something silly I imagine @jsp - Put it this way, AJ v Klitschko for a residential property was £25, I paid £300 for it in my place due to the demand.

As a business owner your hand is forced, you might not make that back and enough profit to make worthwhile but when a big number of your customers show an interest you have to pay it for their interest to not upset clientele.

Sky know exactly what they're doing.

If they charged your £150 for a Utd or City game would you end up paying it?

With reduced capacity in the pub is there any chance of making that money back?

The money they charge pubs is mad must be even worse that you need to cough up for BT Sport as well no wonder so many go for the dodgy option especially out in the sticks. Wouldn't take long to get busted or grassed up in city centres if you were running it off a dodgy stream.

Is there not, no ? problem settled then.

Thread closed.
lol... Dont be closing a thread on my account. I wasnt replying back to anyone in particular, was just stating the obvious. I personally will not be watching those games but another man who usually takes his 2 kids to the match might think, throw a bag of pick & mix in and he has got off lucky.
But as you are being a grumpy publican let me tell you. Stop feeding yer slops back into the best bitter and serving it to punters before ye start spouting the poor publican bollocks.

He only does that when you walk in @Shoot

Anyway if this does well you can see what’s coming down the road they tried it with that premier league plus channel 10-15 years ago which flopped. It’s vital fans don’t sign on to this.

Fans in UK already pay way more than anyone else for PL access be it tickets or TV games and get way less. Sky and BT combined costs about £50 a month and for that you should be getting every game.

Stuff like this makes me want to cancel my subs and just get a dodgy setup it’s pure greed.

Woodward apparently stood up against it then voted for it after reading the room 19-1 in favour only Leicester voting against it.

He only does that when you walk in @Shoot
Naw, he's at it all the time. His beer is pish and he lets his whippet slurp out the slop bucket. He's still selling Boddingtons.
Anyway if this does well you can see what’s coming down the road they tried it with that premier league plus channel 10-15 years ago which flopped. It’s vital fans don’t sign on to this.
Which is exactly what my opening comment was about :)

lol... Dont be closing a thread on my account. I wasnt replying back to anyone in particular, was just stating the obvious. I personally will not be watching those games but another man who usually takes his 2 kids to the match might think, throw a bag of pick & mix in and he has got off lucky.
But as you are being a grumpy publican let me tell you. Stop feeding yer slops back into the best bitter and serving it to punters before ye start spouting the poor publican bollocks.
Wow, arent you showing your age this evening, Cant get over you calling someone else grumpy ! if you had any bloody idea of my outgoings you might have some idea about the conversation sunshine.

Queue the sarcastic, non conversational, argumentative response.

Wow, arent you showing your age this evening, Cant get over you calling someone else grumpy ! if you had any bloody idea of my outgoings you might have some idea about the conversation sunshine.

Queue the sarcastic, non conversational, argumentative response.
Really? There's a reason why I am not a publican anymore :)

Sorry lads, to change the subject somewhat, Just been advised that I wont have to pay a penny more to show all the PPV games.

Businesses that already subscribe to BT and Sky Business, get all these games free of charge - so all get to your local on Saturday lads !

Just got to hope there's no VAR delay on the Utd game and it finishes before 10pm more than 15 minutes of injury time and we're screwed.

Yes I asked my local if they will be showing the Utd game and he said the same, these games are part of their contract so will be showing them. So save the £15 and spend it in the boozah instead.

Absolutely, you would of thought they went with at least 7:45pm.

Guess they're worried about over-run on the 5.30 game.

There was a video that went round of fans watching a penalty shoot out from outside the pub last week because they all got kicked out the pub at 10pm the landlord just left the TV on for them to watch it.

Sorry lads, to change the subject somewhat, Just been advised that I wont have to pay a penny more to show all the PPV games.

Businesses that already subscribe to BT and Sky Business, get all these games free of charge - so all get to your local on Saturday lads !
I have to be honest, I think the pubs in your neck of the woods should be forcibly closed. But of course I do also believed that there should be suitable financial support due to the forced closure.

I've been screaming boycott of this ridiculous £15 ppv all week but have to say the closer it gets to kickoff I'm considering paying it lol. We're on lockdown where I live so all pubs shut, £15 is much less than I'd spend in the boozer also

I've been screaming boycott of this ridiculous £15 ppv all week but have to say the closer it gets to kickoff I'm considering paying it lol. We're on lockdown where I live so all pubs shut, £15 is much less than I'd spend in the boozer also
Are you Moses or Judas :rolleyes:

How is it actually being shown? Can you get it on NOWTV?
Also, what is the idea behind it, where does the money raised go to? If it is to prop up the clubs then maybe they should start charging £15 for a 4 pack in the off licence to support the pubs.

This is arseholish, I got a Now TV month pass on the go at the moment but i cant find any available option for buying tonights match and I want to watch it

This £15 a game business is a piss take at a time when many have finance concerns. But also as someone who doesnt subscribe to Sky but uses the Now TV app there didnt appear to be an option for folk like me to purchase.
The result was I watched the game through a streaming service for a very reasonable fee which allows me to watch every Man Utd game live for 3 months. The stream was very good indeed.
That will do me nicely, thank you very much.

Think the money goes to the clubs who are playing after Sky/BT take a cut.

I watched it in the pub in the end but £15 per game is a joke.

You can’t say the clubs are struggling when between them they’ve just spent 1bn on new signings.

Fans helped raise £20k for a food bank in Newcastle as part of the boycott other clubs plan on doing the same.

Apparently the PL will not be releasing the PPV viewing figures as they are commercially sensitive.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back