Teden Mengi

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Was very disappointed to not see him play against Astana. For me he’s a huge talent and has a higher ceiling than Bernard in my opinion. He’s coming on leaps and bounds but I am always wary about bigging up youngsters too much. Ro-Shaun Williams looked gun in the youth teams but has faded away a little. However, Mengi does look a big talent to keep an eye on.

Good good. Think he’s going to be a very very good defender going forward. Hey could maybe even say it’s like a new signing!

One thing that didn’t surprise me about that article was the sentence ‘Phil Jones is recovering from injury’. He could potentially be the most injury prone player in history.

Maguire, Lindelof, Bailly, Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Tuanzebe and Mengi.

That’s 8 first team centre backs currently in the squad surely 3 need to leave either on permanent or loan deals before the window closes. People wondering why we haven’t signed another centre back this summer.

I still expect Mengi to play U23 games quite regularly unless he really takes a chance in the first team games and becomes a regular. Opportunity is there given the injuries our centre backs gets.

Smalling could go now but apparently we are playing hard ball. Jones contract shouldn't have been renewed.
Didn't Rojo get a new deal at some point too? They should all be gone but the club took the option to extend them rather than risk them going for free. But how much has it ended up costing them in wasted wages?

Not sure about Rojo. I do think everton wanted to sign him a couple of years ago. The centre half position has been badly mismanaged. Phil jones should have gone, I think he has cost us 6m in wages over the last 12 months. Slightly less money for Rojo and bailly who have given us practically nothing in terms of minutes on tbe pitch. Somehow they have to find a way of getting them off the wage bill.

Rojo got a new deal in 2018 which I think still has 2 years to run on it we know the 3 who need to go.

I've given up on Bailly to I'd ship him out too if we were in the market for a centre back this summer.

To be honest I am at a point where I hardly care what we gat for them. If we managed to get rid of smalling, Jones, rojo, and bailly and brought in 20m for the lot I would be happy enough.

Hey heidthebaw
How come there's not a Teden Menji On Loan thread?
I cant start one you know :rolleyes:

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back