Sergio Reguilon

Mr C

Man Utd looking at Sergio Reguilon of Seville, on loan from Real Madrid.

Williams recent struggles have put in mind he's not quite ready for the step up, and Shaws injuries.

was named La Liga defender of the year, Liverpool were interested but didn't want to pay the 18m and bought Tsimkas instead. Chelsea also interested.

He looked good against us the other night don't remember seeing Greenwood beat him that often and he delivered quality whenever he got forward.

Seems a reasonable fee but lets see if the story is still there in a few days time.

Left back is definitely an area United need to try and address. It isn't the most important but its a position they do need to look at. Perhaps move Williams back to RB to provide cover for AWB? Mind you they also have Laird who is meant to be a really promising young player.

Left back is definitely an area United need to try and address. It isn't the most important but its a position they do need to look at. Perhaps move Williams back to RB to provide cover for AWB? Mind you they also have Laird who is meant to be a really promising young player.

Has a lot of injury problems which he'll need to overcome if he wants to step up.

I might be wrong but I think Williams basically came through as a left back because Laird was a better right back.

Having made the break through though I'd like to see Williams play more as a right back unless he's able to improve his quality with his left foot.

I might be wrong but I think Williams basically came through as a left back because Laird was a better right back.
Which says to me Laird is considered the better prospect? Hence why Williams moved across?

Which says to me Laird is considered the better prospect? Hence why Williams moved across?

In youth football it could be as a simple as Laird wasn't suited to the switch whereas they felt Williams could handle it better as he's more two footed.

Chances are had Laird been played at left back when injuries hit he'd have got a shot in the first team not Williams sometimes your luck is just in.

Laird played left back for the U23s at 16/17 years old. Williams was moved to LB at U18 level by McKenna because of Laird. Laird considered a much better prospect in the long term but Williams was more ready to play first team football this season both physically and mentally. Having watched Williams at U18s and U23s I think there's more to come from him, hasn't looked as comfortable using his left in the first team whereas he would in the levels below and I think even at the start when he did come into the first team he was using it more than he has been of late.

We have reportedly signed a 17 year old left back from Real Madrid and a 16 year old right back from Barca.

Despite not being overwhelmed by either of our first choice full backs, I'd be surprised if we signed a full back for the first team this summer to be honest but Reguilon did look very good the other night.

I believe Williams will be alright, he will improve and be a great asset for us with his tenacity. Some are starting to talk like he should be the finished article. He is 19!

Same thing happens with every academy player from some sections of the fanbase. They start very well and there's a lot of hype from them and then they hit a wall and it goes the opposite way. A lack of understanding in player development.

Despite not being overwhelmed by either of our first choice full backs, I'd be surprised if we signed a full back for the first team this summer to be honest but Reguilon did look very good the other night.
I think they have to sign a LB though? I don't think Shaw is good enough and whilst Williams showed potential I think he also showed limitations on the left. Plus United need cover at RB.

Sounds like this guy is one Madrid are keen to move on so he's being linked with a lot of clubs it's not really maintained any traction as a story so I'm guessing it's probably nonsense.

Left Back for me is an area that might need addressing but it isn't urgent we've got one ok option and a youngster who's developing as back up unless something really attractive came on the market at a cut price I don't think Utd buy here.

The money has to go on the attack this summer in the last 12 months we've moved on Sanchez & Lukaku, Lingard/Mata form has declined so we need to reinforce the forward options for next season.

Not seen a lot of him. He played well against us but I am not sure why real would let him go if he is that good

Not seen a lot of him. He played well against us but I am not sure why real would let him go if he is that good

They’ve got 2 good left backs in the squad already in Mendy and Marcelo and Zidane seems to like them both.

Think they’re happy to sell this guy to raise some cash.

Feels a bit agent talk to me he’s been linked to a few clubs doesn’t look like either of our left backs are going anywhere so seems Unlikely to be a position we strengthen this summer.

I guess if Ole has decided that Williams is best suited as right back cover then it would make sense to bring in another left back. That way we have cover on both sides and we can loan/sell Dalot.

I haven’t really read anything on this but have seen a figure of around £20m banded about so think that would be a no brainer. Only seen him play against us and he looked decent.

Has Ole decided that Williams is now a right back?

Think that's been talk on here amongst fans but heard nothing reported that Ole thinks of him as a right back next season.

I like this guy think he gives us something going forward that we don't get from Shaw and maybe haven't seen from Williams yet and the fee seems reasonable but if he comes someone needs to go.

Oh yeah just totally speculating but if Ole has decided to sign a left back, it must be because he sees Williams as cover for right and left, no? I think as it stands if he sees Shaw and Williams as both left backs then it’s not really a priority.

I think he see's Williams as a liability.

He looks way too hot headed at times.

Reports today suggest Utd have been offered him and are interested but Madrid may want a buy back clause as part of that deal which Utd wouldn’t accept.

Obviously with Shaw and Williams in the squad I think we have to go with them again next season.

We shouldn’t accept any buy back clause and I don’t think we would. I think if that’s a sticking point then we’ll walk away.

Accept a buy back clause. £240m. Sorted. Though I hope we don’t waste money on a left back until other areas are sorted.

We shouldn’t accept any buy back clause and I don’t think we would. I think if that’s a sticking point then we’ll walk away.

Think if we really want him they’d just negotiate it out by paying a bit more for him.

A buy back normally means you get the player cheaper but I agree Utd aren’t a club that can have that sort of clause in a deal.

Did see a stat about him saying he created more chances than any other full back in La Liga last season and we saw in that Europa League semi final that when he gets forward he's got great delivery something we don't really get from our current left back options.

They gave Williams a decent contract last season, Shaw doesn't seem to be going anywhere so just don't see why we'd bring in another left back option unless they are looking at moving Shaw out. Given his wages I'm not sure how we'd manage to pull that one off.

I did the unthinkable. I you tubed him. I understand you tube made bebe look decent. In fairness this guy looked quality, at least going forward, from what I saw. Quick, direct, energetic and has a mean cross field diagonal pass. Looks worth it to me

he would be an upgrade on both from what I have read about him. Voted La Liga's best left back last year.

Accept a buy back clause. £240m. Sorted. Though I hope we don’t waste money on a left back until other areas are sorted.
I believe the fee be mentioned is in the 18-20m region. Thats not wasting money at this moment in time. If the reported fee is correct, get him in, NOW!

It would make sense having him. Him and Shaw can cover LB, Regulion is so much better going forward than Shaw. This would then leave AWB and Williams on the right, which I think would suit Williams so much better being right footed.

I can't see it happening though, LB isn't a priority but it would make a lot of sense.

If Real is stupid enough to let him go to anyone on a permanent deal, then l will fly to Madrid and take out Perez myself.
Zidane has been great, 2 Spanish titles, 3 Champions Leagues (straight). But his habit of marginalising players for personal reasons... Bale, James, Ceballos... and playing favourites... Marcelo over Reguilon, miserable signing Hazard, overweight and injured... is a huge flaw.
He won’t be at the Bernabeu beyond this season, which would be great news for the likes of Ceballos and Reguilon.
Maybe he can replace OGS...

We don’t want Zidane to replace Ole. We love him. Leave us be. I don’t think any club in England would take him tbh. He’s done fantastic with Real but that’s it. Not proven elsewhere and really don’t rate cup competitions myself. Usually won by the poorer side in a league that hasn’t been able to push the better sides all the way.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back