Carlo Ancelotti at Everton 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Making some big moves to reinforce that midfield this week.

Doucoure from Watford
Allan from Napoli
James from Real Madrid

Should Everton be getting taken seriously as pushing for a top 4 place this season?

They still look a little goal shy to me

Think that would have been a good signing for United.
Yeah I’ve always thought that, don’t think he had the best season last year but would be a good squad player for us.

I guess we say every year with Everton that they are going to push on but they never really do. Don’t really know anything about Allan and James has been around the block now not really doing much. On paper the James move looks a good one but we’ll see how he does. He has been better when he’s been a big fish in a small pond so could well work out.

Making some big moves to reinforce that midfield this week.

Doucoure from Watford
Allan from Napoli
James from Real Madrid

Should Everton be getting taken seriously as pushing for a top 4 place this season?

They still look a little goal shy to me

The best thing about Everton is their manager. Top drawer. They could be pushing for top 4 but I think the other 4 or 5 teams might just have the better squads. But the manager is so good an experienced that he might bridge that gap.

Yeah Doucoure has always been one that caught my eye seemed to have a big impact in big games for them for a while but not sure what he was like every week get the feeling he was a bit hold and cold otherwise someone would have gone for him by now.

I don't think they'll be in the top 4 next season but we saw with Leicester get a bit of momentum going and anything can happen.

It's another team in that middle bracket who on paper will be harder for the top boys to beat next season.

Will be interesting to see if Calvert-Lewin can carry over his form from last season he started to develop into a pretty effective centre forward last season

They looked well up for it yesterday. Anyone think they could smash the top 6 party?

yes, great manager, with some decent signings.

They looked well up for it yesterday. Anyone think they could smash the top 6 party?
Absolutely not, they have a thin squad outside their decent starting XI, well, thin on quality anyway. Sounds like another team we know.

10 points they need to make up from last year.

No Europe helps with the thin squad.

Top 6 could happen but not sure I see them jumping ahead of Arsenal, Wolves and Leicester over a season.

No Europe helps with the thin squad.

Top 6 could happen but not sure I see them jumping ahead of Arsenal, Wolves and Leicester over a season.

How can playing in Europe ever help with a thin squad????

Thay aren't in Europe, I think that was the point JSP was trying to make. So an advantage over the clubs in Europe.

How can playing in Europe ever help with a thin squad????

Not being in Europe will help Everton means they don't have to rotate to protect against fatigue as much as the other clubs will have to so they can keep the key men fresh and potentially avoid injuries.

I think Europa League football will hurt Leicester but I think Spurs/Arsenal/Wolves will be ok with it as they'll just play B teams through the group stages which can help as it keeps your bench players match fit.

I see Champions League being a big problem for Utd as we need to play our best players in both comps so we are going to have to manage that through the season and our lack of quality in depth up top could become a problem unless players like Mata/Lingard/James can find form and make big contributions.

"No Europe helps with the thin squad".

I completely misread the way you wrote that lol.

Can we just relegate West Brom and Fulham neither are anywhere near good enough for this league.

I think it would save a lot of time and effort...

Be surprised if either of them get above 30 points this season.

Everton looking good caught a bit of the game the second West Brom goal was a worldie but they react well and put them away comfortably.

4 games in and just two unbeaten teams remain. They'll have the benefit of a lot less midweek football than the rest of us. First game after the international break is the Merseyside derby. Liverpool rocking after a 7-2 defeat and Everton flying high with confidence. Could they finally break their awful run against them. 22 games and 10 years without a win.

Let's see where everyone is after 10 games before making any snap judgments but I do think Everton look a massively improved side this season.

I said European place minimum after first game of season....A lot will depend on keeping James Rodrigues fit though for me.....entertaining watch though it must be said.

For what they’ve spent they need to be pushing much closer to the traditional big 6 they should be as competitive as clubs like Wolves and Leicester this season.

That starting XI is good enough to give anyone a game but they lost Richardson and Allan to injury in the last game that will be the test can the squad cope with injuries

Hit a bit of a wall after that great start

1 win
1 draw
3 defeats

Leaking a lot of goals as well which will be a concern feels like that early season momentum is drifting away quickly.

Richarlison is back from his ban after the break think he makes a big difference to them going forward but they need to plug the goals at the other end.

After some dodgy results they have roared back with wins vs Chelsea and Leicester.

They've signed Josh King from Bournemouth.

His first game will be again us this weekend lump on him scoring on his debut against us.

Absolute thriller in the FA Cup tonight.

They're through after beating Tottenham 5-4 in extra time.

3 conceded from corners for Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back