How to solve a problem like Ozil

jsp

Top Poster Of Month

This guy is really starting to come across as a bit of a c*ck.

Wouldn't go with his team and take a pay cut even though that still resulted in staff losing jobs due to cut backs and refuses to leave the club even though it's pretty clear no one else wants him there. Comes across like he lives in a total fantasy world the message has been pretty clear all season they didn't even bother taking him on the bench in a lot of the games.

It's not his fault the club gave him this ridiculous contract but surely with 1 year left you'd be looking to move on.

Only logic I can see is he's going to retire when his contract expires just happy to ride it out for one last pay cheque think it's the same with Bale once these contracts expire they'll retire just topping up the pension pot at this point.

Isn't he only doing what Bale is doing? (contract wise, not salary cut)

Yeah he's doing what he's perfectly entitled to do just honour your contract be where your told to be and collect your wages at the end of the month.

Bale is also being a c*ck in my opinion but he did at least try to go to China but Madrid blocked it.

Ozil has basically been frozen out for what feels like 2 years now by 2 different managers and he still isn't accepting the writing is on the wall for him.

By the sound of it both of them are just done with football banking the cash and will retire early even on free transfers which decent club would even touch these players now anyway.

If you wanted to play you'd be forcing yourself out on loan to play some football.

If I was Ozil I’d be doing the exact same thing. (Except for the pay cut that all the team mates have agreed to). He’d made a point of how poorly treated he feels by the fans.

Arsenal want him to go then they’ll have to agree to pay part of his contract.

Sounds like he’s already got a contract agreed in Turkey next year with the club his friend owns in Istanbul.

If he's got a move lined up I'm sure Arsenal would waive any transfer fee and probably even chuck him a pay off to see him out the door a year earlier he'd get what he wants early and wouldn't be left out of pocket. I think if you wanted to play after Arsenal you'd make the effort to go elsewhere he's adamant he'll sit out that deal even if they don't play him for a single minute next season.

My guess is he's pretty happy with his life in North London so he's happy to ride it out for another year.

I don't think Ozil gets that much hate from the Arsenal fans he's always been a marmite player with people throughout his career very similar to Pogba.

He's a flibbertigibbet, a will-o'the-wisp. A clown!
I suspect you pass this judgement based solely on what you DONT know.
If you worked for a business and the bosses came and said to you and your colleagues, due to unforeseen circumstances we need to request you take a voluntary pay cut in order that we can continue to be successful in our field and subsequently continue to invest in your future.
They then turn to you and say, except you, we have no plans for you. What way do you go?

None of us know what we’d really do in the situation. But I imagine Ozil can’t pick up a contract like that elsewhere and he knows it sets him up for life. So why not carry on getting paid to do little. I’m sure he’d love to be in and around the first team.

The longer he stays at Arsenal doing nothing the less his next deal will be worth.

I just think he’s not bothered by football anymore we saw Schurlle retire at 29 I think Ozil will do one more year then call it a day.

He’s unlikely to get back to the very top of the game so why bother carrying on.

They were still paying big wages pre covid but they can’t pay big transfer fees anymore as they get taxed by the government.

Italy is a possible option the taxes in Italy are low for foreign players right now so that would be his only exit to a decent league.

Think Turkey is similar can pay big wages due to low taxes but they can’t afford decent fees.

I can see how some personalities, when they have hit the peak of their career and have millions in the bank have no enthusiasm for playing anymore. Lifestyle must be so easy doing what they want, no more trapsing up and down the country to games,, no more flying to far our places to play a rubbish team away, no hotels, no staying away, missing family etc etc etc. He's got the life of luxury ahead of him.

It's all speculation we don't really know him but the fact he's not moving at all suggests he's not that bothered about playing he's happy with his lifestyle in London. If you don't have to travel to games probably makes being a footballer even better.

He's living the life of the 3rd choice keeper on £350k a week which must be great he doesn't even need to turn up and watch the games if he doesn't want to.

Agreed a deal to terminate his contract with Arsenal and about to sign for Fenerbahçe

Bet they’re glad to see the back of him even if they might be paying him to go.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back