Fantasy Premier League Draft

IDFD

Hi Guys,

Would people be interested in doing a draft league?

I assume most know the format but we take turns in picking our players. If I go first and get Kane then no one else can choose him. The Premier League run the format on their website and determine the draft order. It's a format i've ran with my football team for a couple of years and don't really play the original style now.

Ideally we'd have 8-10 players. If enough people are interested we'll take the first 9 other than me to say yes.

Thinking we'd run the draft at 8pm on the 9th of September.

Not sure what this is? I play FPl using the app and we have a work league etc. I'd be interested though

It runs through the same app but it's done a different way.

You all logon at the same time and no two players in the league can have the same player you all take it in terms picking players and you can pick your squad in any order so players don't have value attached to them. So in round 1 everyone else could pick strikers but I might decide to buy a defender but you need to end up with 15 players.

So once one person picks Kane no one else can pick him.

If at the end of the draft a player isn't picked in any team I believe you can bring him in and give up one of your players who another team can take.

Not sure how trades work in FPL for example if I have Kane and you have Aguero normally we can agree a trade.

Yeah if a player isn’t picked up you can go in for him by dropping one of your players. That’s why max 10 players really as it gives people some wiggle room on the waiver wire to improve their team if they’ve drafted badly or got injuries.

You can proposed trades between players too.

I got lucky last year. Drafted 10th in the first round and De Bruyne fell in my lap.

Do you guys do the normal FPL as well? We should have a mini league. Be a bit of a giggle.

Think there's a league setup no idea who has the codes for it.

Pretty sure I romped it last season.

Hi Guys,

Would people be interested in doing a draft league?

I assume most know the format but we take turns in picking our players. If I go first and get Kane then no one else can choose him. The Premier League run the format on their website and determine the draft order. It's a format i've ran with my football team for a couple of years and don't really play the original style now.

Ideally we'd have 8-10 players. If enough people are interested we'll take the first 9 other than me to say yes.

Thinking we'd run the draft at 8pm on the 9th of September.
I want to do it.

I guess I’m just old school. It would be a game of football pontoon I would be after.
And I’m sure it would be much easier to do on a place like this.

I guess I’m just old school. It would be a game of football pontoon I would be after.
And I’m sure it would be much easier to do on a place like this.

That’s fair enough. No one has to like the same thing. Only reason I still do one normal fantasy team is it’s something me and my Dad have done since I was about 5. Picked a team where we choose a player each.

Fantasy Football is a multi million pound business now days.

Wad Football Pontoon ever an actual thing? Or just something you’re likening yourself to it being an interest If it was? If it’s a thing that can be set up I’d be happy to give running it a go for the new season. Will look in to it.

The draft league is fairly easy. I’ll send the invites out and one click and you’re in.

Have just looked in to football pontoon. Will set up a different thread and see if we can get one going for it.

Was always a thing we done in the pubs before tinternet.
You paid yer fee every week and it was winner takes all, or it rolled over because somebody went bust
Nae bother

To be fair looks a piece of piss to run with the number of entries I’d assume we’d get (10 max maybe) and I’d be well up for giving it a go.

Have already sent it out to the team I play with for next seasons ideas.

To be fair looks a peace of piss to run with the number of entries I’d assume we’d get (10 max maybe) and I’d be well up for giving it a go.

Have already sent it out to the team I play with for next seasons ideas.
There should be a wee bit of boodle involved for interest.
If you had ten players then each could have 2 prem teams each for a combined score.
If you go over 21 it’s back to square one so it builds up sometimes to a nice little sum.
These things are easy to set up these days funds wise, with PayPal setting up group accounts

Lost interest in it once I got knocked off top spot, Ha - il have a look for the code now for everyone.

League code: iotu18

theres 9 of us already in it so no point starting a new one, let me know if you have any problems with the code, should be fine.

Just found my score I was 2186 second place 2123
I got 2132 so pretty close. First time I've even done the league and not lost interest after 2 weeks lol, I got a league together at work so it gave it a lot more to play for.

I also do a sweepstake for us. £1 in, 9 of us every week. I pick 5 Prem games (the difficult ones) and the pot rolls on if no one wins. It eventually went at £180 which I had to begrudgingly hand over to the the only girl involved.

Already in a draft league so will probably give this a miss but draft is much better than regular fantasy football in my opinion.

Just get the Pontoon sorted. There's no work in it, once you got your team allocated there is nothing to do for the whole season other than check your team(s) goal count to see if you win the boodle.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back