Working from home tips

Berba_God

I didn’t think wfh would be an issue as the majority of my week is wfh. However, today I have really struggled to concentrate.

Any tips?

Don't try and work with the TV on or if possible in view of TV I normally have Radio/Podcasts on in background.

Leave your personal phone in another room.

Try and stick to your normal work routine take breaks like you would at work.

Obviously depends on your setup we have a bit of a home office setup so you can sort of isolate yourself pretty well.

That's the best I can offer really.

Don't try and work with the TV on or if possible in view of TV I normally have Radio/Podcasts on in background.

Obviously depends on your setup we have a bit of a home office setup so you can sort of isolate yourself pretty well.

Good tips thank you

If you aren’t self isolating go for a walk at lunch. Biggest thing about working from home is not getting out of the house. Drove me crazy when I used to work for an American company.

Also wake up shower and be ready to start a working day. Don’t just wake up, roll over and turn on the laptop.

Yeah don’t get into a rut of staying in all day, nice to get out and about because before you know it’s been three days and you haven’t left the house!

Yep bang on about getting out of the house at some point even if it's raining just get out for some fresh air I do it first thing walking the dog but try and go out again during the day to break things up a bit.

If you can work with background noise on i.e a radio or some music that might help the day go quicker, but in terms of concentration I personally really struggle to listen to something and work at the same time. Also be conscious of what you're doing on your computer, I find myself distracted and getting drawn into things that aren't relevant to what I'm meant to be doing, so perhaps only have tabs, programmes etc open that are relevant to your work.

Also remember to turn your laptop off when it’s time to. Easy when you’re at home to get drawn in to just continuing. Just realised it’s 6 clock and I’m still sending emails. I would have left the office an hour ago had I been at work.

Yep, that's the way to successful home working. The TV on is fatal, just don't do it. And taking breaks similar to what you do at work is also important.

I work from home, all these tips above are good,

Get up shower and get dressed I would say is the most important
Try and have your work in a room where you can shut the door at the end of the day
Take tea and lunch breaks, but don't put the TV on. Sit outside if you can
I listen to radio 5 - but it's a bit depressing at the moment
I find I can get at least 1/3 more work done at home than I do in the office.

I had a job interview planned for earlier in the week and it was cancelled. I was all suited and booted and then I got the phone call. So I worked for the rest of the day in my suit - now that was working from home commitment!

I had a job interview planned for earlier in the week and it was cancelled. I was all suited and booted and then I got the phone call. So I worked for the rest of the day in my suit - now that was working from home commitment!

Not gonna lie working from home means working in tracksuit bottoms.

If I have to do skype meetings might do top half all business bottom half slob.

Not gonna lie working from home means working in tracksuit bottoms.

If I have to do skype meetings might do top half all business bottom half slob.
Luckily my client contact is mainly over the phone so can slob around in whatever which is nice!

We’re doing 8:30 Skype meetings daily so the slob look isn’t an option!

I refuse to do skype on the basis it just doesn't look like me. Doesn't matter what efforts I make, to me I still look a pile.
Skype just isn't necessarily in the business world., you only need audio.

Find a routine and stick to that. But change your routine from your normal day in the office.

Get up, do some exercise or go for a morning stroll or jog, make breakfast and log in. Perhaps start with emails to get you going.

Take regular breaks away from the screen.

Take a good lunch break, go get some fresh air.

Set yourself daily goals. Set up regular meetings with your team to keep contact. Chat with colleagues about none work related things as you would in the office.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back