Europa League 2019/20: LASK vs Manchester United

SuperRash

The game kicks off behind closed doors at 5:55pm on Thursday evening.

Going to be a real strange atmosphere even on the TV, don’t think I’ve ever watched a match with no fans in any sport. It is a disadvantage for the home side and I would say we are heavy favourites to win.

As for the team there will be changes I am sure - maybe something like:

Romero

Dalot - Bailly - Maguire - Williams

McTominay - Matic

Greenwood - Mata - James

Ighalo

I don’t think they should cancel the competitions at all.

I think they have to give serious consideration to postponing the competitions but there’s no space on the calendar and no one wants to make the call.

All next week games need to be behind closed doors with fans told not to travel.

Is it really fair on players asking them to congregate and get as close as they have to do when playing football?

Travelling squad, according to MEN: De Gea, Romero, Bishop, Williams, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw, Tuanzebe, Bailly, Gomes, Pereira, Matic, McTominay, Fernandes, Fred, Mata, Greenwood, James, Chong, Ighalo.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

3-0. Easy peasy really. Think it’ll be largely academic in the grand scheme of things if competitions are cancelled but it’s been a good performance.

Brilliant goal Ighalo.
A real center forward's goal. He made that space for himself, didn't panic or snatch at it, and he seems to have a great first touch. I read some other fans criticizing his first touch, but those might have been Lukaku diehards. I personally can't imagine Lukaku getting any of the first three touches right, never mind the finish.

And how about Greenwood? Goal machine.

Only saw the second half looked like their legs went late on and Utd ran up the score which is good because it means whenever that second leg gets played if it ever does we can rest a lot of our players.

Some nice goals good to see Chong and Greenwood get some minutes on the pitch and that finish from Greenwood was special.

If he can stay injury free he's going to be some player.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back