Sideshow Bob

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png
V
200px-Manchester_City_FC_badge.svg.png

Sunday, 8th March 2020
Premier League
Old Trafford
16:30 GMT

Have a rotten record at home vs them seem to do alright away from home but at Old Trafford we regularly get our backsides handed to us that league cup game a few months back could have been really really bad had they taken chances another heavy defeat was on that night.

De Bruyne is a doubt for the game if he's out that would be huge for us as he's normally the guy who pulls us apart and feeds Aguero who scores more goals at Old Trafford a season that some of our players.

I don't expect us to get anything so anything we do get is a bonus.

If we had Rashford I'd fancy us more his ability to carry the ball long distances really gives us that counter attack threat vs a team like City but without him we lose that.

Be interesting to see how Bruno does in this sort of game against probably the best midfield in world football at controlling the game.

There were rumours that this was the game Pogba was aiming to return in he's back training at Carrington so he might be fit enough to return to the bench but who knows I don't expect him to be back.

If we were to win this with a good performance into the bargain it would certainly fell like a corner turner....... we’ll see. It’s all about what happens on the day really and how the run of the ball goes for you sometimes

There are rumours circulating that Maguire and Williams will start. Williams at right back if Wan-Bissaka is unavailable or 3-5-2?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Very surprised Matic isn’t playing to be honest. Overall expected line up as I thought we would go 3-5-2. Would be the perfect game for James to hit some form.

De Bruyne is a big loss for them but they have so many players that can hurt us.

Very surprised Matic isn’t playing to be honest. Overall expected line up as I thought we would go 3-5-2. Would be the perfect game for James to hit some form.

De Bruyne is a big loss for them but they have so many players that can hurt us.

Matic is playing

Not surprised by the line up be interested to see how we press we tried pressing them in the league cup game and got ripped apart City played through our press so easily.

Going to be tough for the two boys up front lots of running without the ball as I expect city will dominate the ball.

Lovely training ground routine was badly mishit but went in. Poor keeping!

Great set piece move but Ederson should be stopping that.

Maguire looking very shaky today needs to settle down.

My internet is not working so just listening on the radio. Listening to a match doesn’t help with nerves

Firstly. We stopped playing. Secondly Aguero is onside. Thirdly Martial shoulda scored there

Taking off Martial is ridiculous. Our only attacking outlet. Now it’s gonna be a barrage of attacks with no chance of getting out

Get in. Haven’t gone mental like that in a while! Double over City and Chelsea.

Ighalo’s first touch is much better than I realised

Ighalo cameo was impressive, brought a sense of calm holding the ball up.

Brilliant performance.

A job needed doing... and it was done. Well done United, a fabulous result that could define our season. Bring on the Spurs!!

Massive win haven’t heard the ground like that in a long time.

Dug in and held them off worked their arses off for each other and got the rewards.

Not often you get gifts off a keeper like Ederson he had a real stinker gave us 2 and lucky not to give us a 3rd.

City were very poor first half think Pep picked the wrong team Mahrez made a huge difference when he came on and it was backs to the walls for a lot of that second half justfelt like eventually they’d break through similar to the Liverpool game at home.

At one point I was buzzing because we got a throw in felt like they’d had the ball non stop for 10 minutes every time it went out they'd get it and get it back in quickly and squeeze us again.

Thought Ole got the subs spot on great for us to have options on the bench.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back