Sideshow Bob

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png
V
190px-Watford.svg.png

Sunday, 23rd February 2020
Premier League
Old Trafford

14:00 GMT

Ole has said McTominay could be back in the squad and Greenwood expected to return from illness.

Can’t see us going back 3 here expect us to go back to the 4-2-3-1 formation.

It’s Brugge again midweek and if we win that’s us tied up with midweek games for the next month so the squad is going to need looking after.

DDG

AWB Lindelof Maguire Williams

Fred Matic

Greenwood Fernandes James

Martial

Having tried to name a team it could be 3-4-3 again you know as we’re really struggling for wide players unless he plans on starting Ighalo.

Watford will be a tough opponent Deeney will look to bully our centre backs and on his day Delofeu is unplayable, in central midfield they have 2 very good players in Doucoure and Capoue who will look to go up against our guys physically and technically and they are good enough to match us in there.

Like every game it’s hard to see us rolling them over but hopefully we can get the win we’ve not scored at old Trafford in our last 2 games dropping points to Burnley and Wolves.

Just a sign of the times that you hope Utd will beat a struggling team at home rather than expect to.

Given todays results this is a great chance to go 5th and 3 points off 4th. We rally need to take it this time.

How many times has that been said on here this season?
Far too many times we have failed to capitalise when Chelsea dropped points. This time we really need to get up and at it, rather strangely because Chelsea havent dropped points today. I believe we will!! It's a 4-0 for me.
It also makes you realise just how important our win over Chelsea actually was.

Lindelof cannot start tomorrow. Deeney will bully him for breakfast.

Lindelof cannot start tomorrow. Deeney will bully him for breakfast.

You can’t drop your first choice pair because of Troy Deeney.

This is sort of my issue with Lindelof you have to be able to handle bullies like Deeney in this league and I think at times he’s struggled with them as a top centre back you have to be able to go one vs one with any striker and handle the situation.

Lindelof shouldn’t be the starting CB for a club of this size.

I think he’s a squad player in a title winning side there if you need him but not one you rely on every week.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Can’t really argue with the line up not much on the bench if he needs to change things.

Good to see McTominay back.

I think Bruno is going to love playing the balls in to Mason’s movement

Fred should have to take that chance 100 time’s in training before he’s allowed in the canteen

I find that penalty technique so strange, but if it works, it works. Buzzing to see Bruno get his first goal.

Yeah it puts keepers off but if you do it every time they know it’s coming the key is being able to hit the corner if the keeper does stand up because if he waits and you don’t hit the corner he will probably get it as you can’t generate much power.

Quality from Martial sounds like he’s having a typical game not really up to much then out of nowhere moment of magic.

Quick thinking to catch out the defender and keeper.

Comfortable victory after a poor first half hour.

We’d be miles further up the table if we got the Fernandes deal done in the summer.

Yeah it puts keepers off but if you do it every time they know it’s coming the key is being able to hit the corner if the keeper does stand up because if he waits and you don’t hit the corner he will probably get it as you can’t generate much power.

When asked about it in a post match interview, he said that he switches it up, so hopefully often enough that it doesn't get predictable.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back