What next for Mauricio Pochettino?

Sideshow Bob

Loose translation: Number one candidate to be Barcelona manager if Xavi says no.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Be shocked if he goes there. Already said he never would because of his Espanyol connections and it’s different there. They hate eachother politically not just football wise.

Nothing really surprises me in football anymore but like you say he's been pretty public about the Barca stuff but that was a long time ago before he was ever as high profile as he is now.

The current manager isn't particularly popular despite winning back to back league titles and currently being in pole position for a third but that's just the madness of that club.

They’ve appointed Quieque Sietan the Real Betis managed.

Mental they’ve sacked their manager when top of the league and won two titles back to back.

Think it's a player thing Messi along with a few other senior players don't rate him so the club have had to let him go.

The suggestion is they've won those league titles because no one else has really put up a fight and they've blown up twice in champions league throwing away 3 goal leads in second legs.

Barca want that European Cup and they don't think this guy is the guy to deliver it so they've made a huge decision to change mid season I also think the fans never really took to him as his football was functional rather than entertaining.

Not an easy start for the new guy as Suarez is basically out for the rest of the season but I guess it's the chance Griezmann has been waiting for he needs to really form a partnership with Messi in the absence of Suarez.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If he wants to stay in the premier league it means he plans on being out of work til next season.

I wonder when the clause in his termination deal runs out. When’s the official end of the season and start of next season?

Talking of Ed's PR guru yesterday, great work last night, was at the Leeds game with Poch o_O

Come to United Poch. Come to United.
Interested to know Rich, do you think Poch is the only man that can ‘save’ us? Any other managers take your fancy? Seems like you and a lot of fans I have read about believe Poch is our saviour and only him. Seems like quite a one dimensional view, when maybe a young German coach like Rose or Nagelsmann could be the kind of guys we should be looking at? Not a sleight on your view or anything but interested to know if it’s Poch or nothing?

If he wants to stay in the premier league it means he plans on being out of work til next season.

I wonder when the clause in his termination deal runs out. When’s the official end of the season and start of next season?

Officially the season runs from 1st July to 30th June every year.

So if he was to take over a prem club he could do the full preseason then.

My guess is yes we appointed Mourinho before the 1st July and he would have had a similar arrangement with Chelsea.

My understanding is when you agree these termination packages the club is basically continuing to pay your monthly salary to a point if you take another job before that period comes to an end they can still demand compensation for you from the new employer as you are still under contract and also they stop paying you at that point.

So I'd say he's free to start another job and do the pre season I don't think many clubs actually start pre season in June anyway so if he was taking a new job he'd be planning his sessions before actually getting to the club.

he's not getting the united job anyway.

So where else is there, Chelsea and Arsenal aren't going to change either.

If Pep goes, don't think City would go for him

Premier League.

Liverpool ~ No chance they're changing manager unless Klopp gets hit by a bus.
City ~ I think he'd be high up on the list of candidates at City if Pep decided to walk but I don't see him doing that I think he'll stay at least 1 more year try to go out on top.
Spurs ~ no going back
Arsenal ~ Arteta is only just in and rivalry probably rules it out
Chelsea ~ I'd say there's a chance Lampard could get sacked if they miss top 4 but I don't see it happening this season wouldn't be surprised if he was sacked early next season if they get off to a bad start.
Utd ~ Seems like they are sticking with Ole but the results are not good they look the most likely to panic into making a change.

Europe

Barca ~ only just appointed a manager so can forget that
Madrid ~ Zidane is back in charge can't see them losing him again.
PSG ~ if they tank again in CL I think Tuchel will get sacked,
Juventus ~ I'm not convinced ey will stick with Sarri so might be an opportunity for him there
Bayern ~ only have an interim manager he's doing ok so he might get it full time if he wants it.
Dortmund ~ The defensive problems are killing them which I think they might look to solve by changing the coach.

I think it'll be PSG there's been signs that Tuchel is struggling with Mbappe so I can see him being moved out in the summer if it keeps the superstar happy and Poch has history with them as a player.

Interested to know Rich, do you think Poch is the only man that can ‘save’ us? Any other managers take your fancy? Seems like you and a lot of fans I have read about believe Poch is our saviour and only him. Seems like quite a one dimensional view, when maybe a young German coach like Rose or Nagelsmann could be the kind of guys we should be looking at? Not a sleight on your view or anything but interested to know if it’s Poch or nothing?
No I wouldn't say Poch or nothing. But what I will say is he has a proven record in the EPL of building a team to regularly finish top 4. Right now I think that's what we need. But no it isn't Poch or nothing.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back