Ighalo ruled out of training camp due to coronavirus

jsp

Top Poster Of Month

Crazy situation but what can you do if there’s a chance he won’t be allowed back into the country you can’t take that risk.

Guessing he will be training at Carrington doing gym work and doing sessions with the U23s if they’ve got a game coming up he might even play in that.

In more positive news McTominay has gone with the squad which suggests he might be close to a return to action.

He don’t need the warm weather he’s just come from a hotter country unlike the rest , he will still be training the same as the rest just a shame not to all train together for that connection

He don’t need the warm weather he’s just come from a hotter country unlike the rest , he will still be training the same as the rest just a shame not to all train together for that connection

Surely the point of the winter break/training camp is to get the team training together and work on things that will help them as a team though.

Yeah a bit of rest and relaxation and team bonding is part of it but the time on the training pitch is so valuable to a manager

Surely the point of the winter break/training camp is to get the team training together and work on things that will help them as a team though.

Yeah a bit of rest and relaxation and team bonding is part of it but the time on the training pitch is so valuable to a manager
Yeah but they train like that that all year round I think with the hectic schedule I’ll be something different to have a more casual time in the sun still training don’t get me wrong , I go back to last year when Rashford put on a photo of everyone sat in the sun listening to ole.

Yeah but they train like that that all year round I think with the hectic schedule I’ll be something different to have a more casual time in the sun still training don’t get me wrong , I go back to last year when Rashford put on a photo of everyone sat in the sun listening to ole.

Yeah he's not going to be running them into the ground like you maybe do in pre season they don't need to build fitness levels they need to recover and let the body and mind heal but the training sessions should be pretty much 100% tactical focus.

Developing patterns of play and plans for breaking down opponents when we have the ball to create chances, drilling the set piece routines both attacking and defending.

Ighalo probably needs a bit of a pre season type boot camp as he hasn't been playing every week but ideally I imagine Ole would have wanted him doing the team sessions then going off and doing his own bits with the fitness coaches to get his fitness bang on.

The only positive I see in him staying behind is if there's an U23 game he can play in to try and get some match practise.

Yeah he's not going to be running them into the ground like you maybe do in pre season they don't need to build fitness levels they need to recover and let the body and mind heal but the training sessions should be pretty much 100% tactical focus.

Developing patterns of play and plans for breaking down opponents when we have the ball to create chances, drilling the set piece routines both attacking and defending.

Ighalo probably needs a bit of a pre season type boot camp as he hasn't been playing every week but ideally I imagine Ole would have wanted him doing the team sessions then going off and doing his own bits with the fitness coaches to get his fitness bang on.

The only positive I see in him staying behind is if there's an U23 game he can play in to try and get some match practise.
I agree and I do think tactically we need to spend a lot of time sorting things out not just corners but a lot of aspects to our game.

I can't imagine he'll be used as anything but a sub, unless he bangs in loads of goals.

I'd be looking to start him at centre forward and stick Martial back on the left wing until Rashford is fit have James/Greenwood rotating the position on the right depending on our opponents.

Thing is if he's on the bench who's on the wing?

There's obviously going to be some rotation but we can't keep putting players like Mata/Lingard/Periera in wide areas as they contribute F all so we might as well put Ighalo up top if it means Martial can play wide because we know he can contribute goals and assists from wide positions even if it isn't his preferred role.

Thing is if he's on the bench who's on the wing?

There's obviously going to be some rotation but we can't keep putting players like Mata/Lingard/Periera in wide areas as they contribute F all so we might as well put Ighalo up top if it means Martial can play wide because we know he can contribute goals and assists from wide positions even if it isn't his preferred role.
If we can put martial and James on the wings against Chelsea I think that would be a great set up for the counter attack football that we’ll play and with inghalo in the center who knows? it’ll be interesting

I would just start Ighalo to be honest and have Martial back on the wing, until Rashford is back. Obviously we don’t know how Ighalo will go again in the league but I would rather we play a proper striker instead of shoe horning Mata, Pereira or whoever on the wing.

I would just start Ighalo to be honest and have Martial back on the wing, until Rashford is back. Obviously we don’t know how Ighalo will go again in the league but I would rather we play a proper striker instead of shoe horning Mata, Pereira or whoever on the wing.
We need a striker who’s going to just stick a leg out and score or win a header on goal anything rather then trying to score good goals all the time

If be shocked if Ighalo doesn’t start. It’ll be him centre with Martial and James on the wings.

Think we might see the 3-4-1-2 at Stamford Bridge with Ighalo on the bench if he isn’t even training with the team but after that you have to assume he will feature.

Who does he trust to go 3 at the back with though. I think we’ll see us go at them. They’re soft at the back and don’t have much threat upfront. Don’t think we’ll be scared of them.

I to would like to martial out wide I do think hes better suited to that position give the new lad a crack at Chelsea we know hes not afraid to mix it up a bit & this Chelsea team aren't like the one's they used to be with JT & co at the back, I've a good feeling about the next part of the season, don't know why I can just feel it. Bring on United, bring on United, bring on United!

Who does he trust to go 3 at the back with though. I think we’ll see us go at them. They’re soft at the back and don’t have much threat upfront. Don’t think we’ll be scared of them.

Well so far he's sort of tucked Shaw in as a third centre back, Bailly must also be close to a return he's been back in full training for nearly a month, you could also play AWB in the back 3 if you wanted which means you could play Dalot as a wing back which might suit him.

I think this system is used because we don't really have many wide options so he'll look to sit and counter which Chelsea have been very vulnerable to this season like you say they've got an awful home record. I think we might see him play Martial and James as the front 2 with Bruno in behind

I don't see it as a long term system but I think it covers up our lack of wide players quite well.

I to would like to martial out wide I do think hes better suited to that position give the new lad a crack at Chelsea we know hes not afraid to mix it up a bit & this Chelsea team aren't like the one's they used to be with JT & co at the back, I've a good feeling about the next part of the season, don't know why I can just feel it. Bring on United, bring on United, bring on United!
When he plays out wide we say play him through the middle. When we play him through the middle we say play him out wide. Bottom line? He's just not good enough.

When he plays out wide we say play him through the middle. When we play him through the middle we say play him out wide. Bottom line? He's just not good enough.
I'm starting to feel the same, for me I'll stay with him till the end of the season, I know some fans say he'd be better with better players around him which is probably right but I'm sometimes just don't see it let's hope he can give his all from now until the end of the season

For me he's a striker he's a player who needs to be close to the goal not because he's lazy but because I think that's where his skill lies. I don't think he can really do those long runs carrying the ball like Rashford or James can do when they play wide and he struggles with the defensive parts of the game.

So I think we judge him as a striker and as a striker he's good but not great and I think it's easy to find someone better.

Been reading today about Ed Woodward trying to sign Josh King from Bournemouth. Reports are he told the Bournemouth counterpart he had 15 minutes to decide if they would accept United's offer, or they were going to sign a player from China.

What do you make of this? For me, despite how the transfer window was approached and despite whatever lack of planning it showed, I have to respect Ed laying it down like he did. Apparently the Bournemouth person let the 15 minutes elapse without a reply, basically just testing Ed, thinking they could slap him around - and Ed went and signed a player from China. I actually really like that he did what he said he would.

This does not mean I am suddenly on Ed's fanclub executive board. I think clubs give us the runaround because they know we have the money, and in this case Ed was very clear and followed through with his threat. I think that bodes well for future negotiations. By all reports Josh King was livid that the deal didn't go through, since he joined the United academy at 16 and it was his dream to return to play for United.

Think it just show haphazard the planning was last day of the window was a scramble.

Given how late the Ighalo deal went through my guess is they were prepared to work on both deals at the same time but it sounds like we were miles apart on valuation of King so no surprise they didn’t come back within the 15 minute deadline. If you wanted to be snide you could say the fact they never called him back shows the lack of respect the have for him if you respect someone you call back and say yes or no.

Also, if you believe what Woodward said then he isn’t part of negotiations anyway Matt Judge does that so he probably wasn’t the man on the phone to Bournemouth anyway.

I make that paper nonsense, how would anyone know that and tell it to the press.

People brag about all sorts of stuff the person who wrote it has little to gain from making it up as he’d be burning bridges at Utd going forward.

I imagine these sort of talks are common on deadline day as teams are working to deadlines.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back