Anti Woodward and Glazer chants

Be interesting to see if they become sustained we have a few more home games coming up this month.

Not really a surprise after that pumping vs City and I think the chants are long overdue.

Is there a possibility that all fans refuse to go to games in protest to try and drive them out? Obviously there will be exceptions but a nearly empty stadium would raise eyebrows .
Obviously it doesn’t matter who’s in charge we will fail with these at the club.

I don't think so but it would certainly start to send a message.

What's frustration is in modern football it's so hard to get banners into ground the ground should be full of banners getting a message out to the owners and board about our frustration but the security is tighter than ever for obvious reasons that it's hard to get much in.

Liverpool fans staged a mass walk out a few years ago over increases in ticket prices which got a lot of traction and forced the club to back down you wonder if Utd could do something similar.

Glazers aren't going to give a fig about fans not going. They probably wouldn't even know.

I just wished they'd sell. I really want Ratcliffe to have a change of heart.

I don't think so but it would certainly start to send a message.

What's frustration is in modern football it's so hard to get banners into ground the ground should be full of banners getting a message out to the owners and board about our frustration but the security is tighter than ever for obvious reasons that it's hard to get much in.

Liverpool fans staged a mass walk out a few years ago over increases in ticket prices which got a lot of traction and forced the club to back down you wonder if Utd could do something similar.
Just checked what you can take in, flags or banners no bigger than 2x1m. Could nothing be arranged with individual letters which spells out a certain message?

It could be anything really, something that would make Woodward and the board sit up and take notice, something really hard hitting ideally

Not sure a message in this manner would make the Glazers or Woodward take note, however a visual message might make the sponsors take note.

Now I'm not sure if you or anyone else who comes on here are match going fans?

I have a season ticket and get to two or three away games per season.

Not sure a message in this manner would make the Glazers or Woodward take note, however a visual message might make the sponsors take note.

I have a season ticket and get to two or three away games per season.
Yeah that could be the way forward, where abouts do you sit? If it was possible to sort something out a good spot would obviously be the Stretford end I'm guessing lads in there would be up for it

Just checked what you can take in, flags or banners no bigger than 2x1m. Could nothing be arranged with individual letters which spells out a certain message?

I'm guessing the banners are also checked for content like they're not going to let you get a 2x1m banner with a cock and balls on it past security are you. They'll censor anything fans try and do which is why I think banners would need to be snuck in same way they cut fans off who ring into MUTV to complain about the owners.

What is sickening is Woodward has appointed a former Sun journalist called Neil Ashton to be his PR guy so you'll see today a load of articles from his mates saying how it isn't Woodward's fault blah blah blah. When big business fails the man at the top always has to fall even if he or she wasn't directly involved it happened on their watch so they take the fall. You see it all the times with big companies banks etc when there's a scandal the CEO gets sacked. We're now paying for some ex journalist to try and make the club look better run than it is fans will always judge the club by the league table improve how that looks and the PR will improve.

I know the club have this TRA section of the ground now where fans are encouraged to get together and make some atmosphere and it's made a big difference as far as I can tell but this is the part of the ground where these things could start because I do think the stadium should be a place where fans can protest and be heard.

I'm guessing the banners are also checked for content like they're not going to let you get a 2x1m banner with a cock and balls on it past security are you. They'll censor anything fans try and do which is why I think banners would need to be snuck in same way they cut fans off who ring into MUTV to complain about the owners.

What is sickening is Woodward has appointed a former Sun journalist called Neil Ashton to be his PR guy so you'll see today a load of articles from his mates saying how it isn't Woodward's fault blah blah blah. When big business fails the man at the top always has to fall even if he or she wasn't directly involved it happened on their watch so they take the fall. You see it all the times with big companies banks etc when there's a scandal the CEO gets sacked. We're now paying for some ex journalist to try and make the club look better run than it is fans will always judge the club by the league table improve how that looks and the PR will improve.

I know the club have this TRA section of the ground now where fans are encouraged to get together and make some atmosphere and it's made a big difference as far as I can tell but this is the part of the ground where these things could start because I do think the stadium should be a place where fans can protest and be heard.
My lads & me don't get to every home game been about 8 times so farthis season and got to say the atmosphere seems pretty good now & you'd like to think it will get even better with more like minded fans wanting to congregate in the same area, as for banners I was sort of thinking these fans could get together maybe have individual letters printed then obviously arrange who's got what and stand accordingly holding them up to spell out the message what ever that maybe, dose that make any sense?

My lads & me don't get to every home game been about 8 times so farthis season and got to say the atmosphere seems pretty good now & you'd like to think it will get even better with more like minded fans wanting to congregate in the same area, as for banners I was sort of thinking these fans could get together maybe have individual letters printed then obviously arrange who's got what and stand accordingly holding them up to spell out the message what ever that maybe, dose that make any sense?

Yeah or go American style and all write a letter on your chest and then take your top off to spell out Woodward Out?

It's just hard to do people need to organise themselves and start generating a buzz for these things even if it starts small with not spending any money in the ground, getting a few banners and chants going at every game home and away keep the story in the papers no matter what the results. If fans could organise a walk out or a protest and miss games on mass even better but I just don't see it making a difference Woodward and the owner are so far in that they're not going anywhere regardless of what the fans think.

The fans made it quite clear they didn't want them in 2005 and they still did the deal without thinking twice.

Yeah or go American style and all write a letter on your chest and then take your top off to spell out Woodward Out?

It's just hard to do people need to organise themselves and start generating a buzz for these things even if it starts small with not spending any money in the ground, getting a few banners and chants going at every game home and away keep the story in the papers no matter what the results. If fans could organise a walk out or a protest and miss games on mass even better but I just don't see it making a difference Woodward and the owner are so far in that they're not going anywhere regardless of what the fans think.

The fans made it quite clear they didn't want them in 2005 and they still did the deal without thinking twice.
Yeah you're right, it would take a bit of organisation but the chest thing is a good one

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back