Solskjaer: We’re on the right track

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not sure about that Ole, I don’t think there were any strides really made in the game. We could have easily been beaten 5-0 on another day because Liverpool were creating chances for fun at times. It was good we hung in there but I couldn’t see any progress in that one particular game.

We almost got out of jail but make no bones about it at 60 minutes that game should have been over Salah and Mane hardly ever miss those chances.

His comments there added to those weird ones after City about putting out their best team against us being a good thing.

I hope he isn’t losing the plot but he’s starting to sound like he is he didn’t need to say this sort of nonsense.

Just be honest say we lost to a much better side but you were proud of the effort and that they stuck in there any maybe could have nicked something. Even say something as a message to our players if they want to be champions of England one day then that is the level you need to be at every single week there can be no off days.

Say something fans can get behind.

I haven't read it, but I knew what his plan would be when I saw the team. Be in it with 20 mins left, then go for it. And with our squad that's all he could have done really.

And that's what the team did, so in that repect it worked, up until the last kick.

On the right track to what? Competing? We are getting further away from the top Ole. This track leads us to big problems. That's not his fault but it really does.

In a few years mark my words, 5th or 6th will look like a dream season for us.

We need to come up with something better than just ole out poch in. This squad has been deteriorating for 6 years. Every single season we seem to be saying we need 4 or 5 players and every season we seem to bring maybe 3 in. Of those 3 at least one on average doesn't really do it for us. Every season I feel like we are behind the 8 ball. Before ole we have had 3 experienced managers who haven't managed to turn it around. If I thought that poch would come in and e fully backed by the owners then I would be happy enough with that but let's be honest, that won't happen. If I am honest I only see things changing with mediocrity or worse. A club that stops making big bucks that the glazers no longer want.

I am honest I only see things changing with mediocrity or worse. A club that stops making big bucks that the glazers no longer want.
That is literally the only way this is heading bud. Things are not going to suddenly get better and in fact I think things are going to get worse. I don't think Ole is the man long term but until we change things at the very top not a lot will change.

The players look knackered mentally and physically which is what will happen with a paper thin squad which has injuries to key players. It isn’t going to get any better unless we invest in the last week of the window. If we don’t buy anyone now then it’s only going to get worse and I wouldn’t be looking forward to the rest of this season. It’s been a chastening season and 5th is flattering us - we are just 4 points about 14th I think. Really awful to see our club the way it is right now, it’s rotten and it’s toxic. Also the worst squad I have ever seen in my 20+ years supporting United.

Very sad state of affairs.

That's what happens when the people spending the money are accountants playing real life football manager as oppose to football people.

I do think it's time for Old Trafford to become a horrible place these owners and board members need chasing out of town I mean full on protest before, during and after games it needs to be organised and in big numbers but I think that element of our fan base are long gone everyone just feels a bit beaten into submission by this whole thing.

The entire club or business as it should be called is run to make sure the owners can take money out every year nothing else matters it is pathetic but because they own it out right fans are stuck with them.

Sacking and Ole and bringing in Poch might make a small change but really I don't see it totally changing our fortunes and putting is back on top because the ambition of the club isn't to be on top. Everything is about money the owners just care about money which sets a culture where players only care about money so every player at Utd is early probably 30% more than he should be our wage bill is embarrassing but I don't blame the players I'd be asking for more to go to Utd than other clubs because it's a mess.

It's hard to make people who have already paid for there tickets not going to a game. Last night would have been a decent opportunity. Cold, foggy night. Late kick of mid week. On TV. Playing in front of 20,000 fans would have made people sit up and take notice. In the meantime people need to stop spending money in the stadium. Pies, programs, beer, I am guessing that comes to a decent amount of money. You could try not buying from the shop but I suspect the majority are tourists

I imagine they make most of their money away from the ground. What we need is someone is to dig up dirt on the Glazers so no one will do business with them.

I have to be honest I have no idea how much is made in the ground. I just know that generally there are a lot of people in there.

I think what is made in the ground is small fry compared to what is made out of the ground. I doubt any kind of protest would bother the Glazers one little bit.

Matchday revenue isn't the massive thing it was in 2009. But it's still a massive chunk of the pie.

£110m. 18%.

Matchday revenue isn't the massive thing it was in 2009. But it's still a massive chunk of the pie.

£110m. 18%.
Does that include ticket prices?

That's what happens when the people spending the money are accountants playing real life football manager as oppose to football people.
Absolutely yeah! I mean... I love a bit of football manager but I wouldn't pretend to know how to run a football club.

It's hard to make people who have already paid for there tickets not going to a game. Last night would have been a decent opportunity. Cold, foggy night. Late kick of mid week. On TV. Playing in front of 20,000 fans would have made people sit up and take notice. In the meantime people need to stop spending money in the stadium. Pies, programs, beer, I am guessing that comes to a decent amount of money. You could try not buying from the shop but I suspect the majority are tourists

I agree I'll never put pressure on someone to not go to the game that is every person's own choice to make fans it actually annoys me that people try and criticise those who want to go to watch the game.

The fans need to start getting a consistent message out and to be fair the chants are growing in the ground and the ex players are now pointing the finger at the owners as well but this message needs to be sustained enough that action is taken.

I think the empty seats are already telling the story 10 years ago tickets in that stadium for every game were sold out might be the odd league cup game going to a general sale now every mid week game that ground has loads of empty seats. A league cup semi final vs Man City didn't sell out now league games aren't selling out that tells you fans are giving up.

I said this before on holiday in Europe when you walk through towns do you see Utd shirts for sale any more? I'm not talking in official shops the knock off shops every tourist town has selling dodgy shirts I've noticed in the last few years you don't see the Utd shirts anymore the world is changing and Utd are going the way of Milan if they don't do something now they'll become a forgotten giant.

The odd thing is the very thing the owners have done to safeguard themselves could easily backfire. When they appointed solskjaer I think in their heads it was a safe option. Wouldn't rock the boat. Would get support from ex players and fans alike. Now it is not going so well instead of turning on the manager I think people are questioning the hierarchy instead

The odd thing is the very thing the owners have done to safeguard themselves could easily backfire. When they appointed solskjaer I think in their heads it was a safe option. Wouldn't rock the boat. Would get support from ex players and fans alike. Now it is not going so well instead of turning on the manager I think people are questioning the hierarchy instead

I don't think he was a safe option at all for the reasons you said the fans will come for everyone before they come for Ole because he's a hero to us fingers wont point at him first like they do with other managers.

The appointed Ole because he was cheap he was on the market and I'm only guessing but I bet he's earning half what Mourinho was earning in terms of salary. They got swept up in the buzz of those first two months and because they don't understand football they couldn't see that maybe it was a short term bump instead they just assumed it would carry on like this because Ole had cracked it. All that feel good factor probably made them see $$$ signs but it all collapsed within a few weeks as Utd returned to what we'd seen under Mourinho which was a flat team that was in need of major change.

Ole is apparently on £150k a week. Not cheap.

£7.5m a year compared to Mourinho who was on £15m a year when he signed that new deal according to the reports.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back