Premier League 2019/20: Manchester United vs Newcastle United

SuperRash

Boxing Day at 5:30pm.

So who’s looking forward to Newcastle parking the bus and us struggling to get through it?

Think there will be the odd little change but expect something very similar to recent weeks. Would like to see Williams and Greenwood from the start.

De Gea

AWB - Lindelof - Maguire - Williams

McT - Fred

Greenwood - Pogba - Rashford

Martial​

I’d like to see ya go 4-4-2

Or what would end up probably being a 4-2-4

AWB Lindelof Maguire Williams

James McTominay Pogba Rashford

Martial Greenwood

We’re struggling with breaking teams down. Get James and Rashford on the ball earlier and give them 2 targets. Obviously having Pogba back will help.

I’d go with super rash’s team.

We know what they’ll do they’ll sit deep and play direct to the big man and look for something on set pieces but can Utd create any chances.

I don't like 4231 in general, and I don't think we are going to need two deeply sat midfielders if Newcastle are not going to come out and attack. Maybe a 433, in my Xbox Fifa opinion. I'd play Diogo at right midfield if he was fit. I don't think we currently have a player who is right for that role. James is tenacious and fast but I don't know about the defensive side of his game, he's probably better further up. I have reservations about Fred, but in a 433 he and McTominay would basically shield the back 4, take turns winning the ball, while feeding it to Pogba at the earliest opportunity, and Pogba himself would drift around as needed. Saving Greenwood as an impact sub. I'd also bring Garner on to close out the game.

---------------------DeGea--------------------
AWB-------Lindelof----Maguire----Williams
Fred-------------McTominay-----------Pogba
James-------------Martial-----------Rashford

I’d be giving Greenwood a start on the right think James needs a rest hes had a Bit of a dip in form and these games maybe done suit him as there will be no space in behind.

I think the issue with 4-3-3 is we don’t have a player who can dominate the middle on his own McTominay is improving but not sure he’s ready for that sort of role on his own also don’t think the 3 suits Fred either.

Utd just have to win this one and we need a performance too but with this team you just know they’ll make it hard for themselves and probably gift Newcastle some good chances.

Chelsea slipping up. Gives a chance a to make up for recently slips!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Anything thing other than a win would be a real shame with Chelsea slipping up a clean sheet would be a welcomed bonus, come on boys

Pereira starts again? Then lose this game and fire Ole already. Pereira is, at best, garbage.

No I will never be at a point where I want united to lose. It’s ridiculous.
Why is it ridiculous? Wanting your team to ultimately improve? Because the longer this goes on the longer that wait. But hey if you want this rubbish to continue carry on backing the wrong man.

Shaw just standing watching just mark the guy stood in the box you absolute tit he was on his own for ages and you do nothing about it.

Utd looking absolute garbage going forward every time we try to pass it quickly we lose it as they’re just not good enough.

We really are a poor side so vulnerable to counter attacks and can’t play on the front foot as soon as we lose the ball we are all over the place.

Why is it ridiculous? Wanting your team to ultimately improve? Because the longer this goes on the longer that wait. But hey if you want this rubbish to continue carry on backing the wrong man.

Wins or losses won’t effect him staying and him going won’t solve the main issue which is the tits at the top of the club.

Wanting the team to lose is just odd I can understand just feeling a bit miffed with everything but you should never want to see your team lose.

Strong effort but the keeper should be saving that he will be disappointed.

Now crank up the pressure

Bloody hell Martial just did some tracking back amazing what a goal does to a player.

It’s a lazy criticism. Martial does plenty of off the ball work.

It’s my opinion mate and I’ll stand by it I don’t think he works particularly hard for a centre forward but nothing particularly wrong with that if you provide the quality when you do get the ball which Martial does do a lot of the time.

It was more highlighting that straight after scoring his head is up and he’s looking a lot more interested than he was at the start of the game.

My issue with him is while I think he’s a good player I think there’s much better out there pretty much every team above us has a better striker than us

Great cross by AWB and a great header from Rashford at the back post.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back