Europa League 19/20: Astana vs Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperRash

So this game is on at 3:50pm on Thursday afternoon.

Apparently Butt has travelled with the squad and not Carrick or McKenna so it gives the impression it’s going to be a very young squad going and why not really. Our squad is paper thin so no need to take the big guns over there. I don’t suspect guys like Maguire, Rashford, Martial etc will travel.

Just spitballing a team here but it could be:

Kovar

Laird - Jones - Tuanzebe - Young

Garner - Levitt

Ramazani - Lingard - Chong

Greenwood​

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Wonderful story about Taylor, for anyone who doesn’t know he was Max Dunne - if that helps anyone. He is regarded as a fine prospect, was such a shock to hear he had cancer but seems like he is recovering and this is his reward.

I read the only senior players who have travelled are Grant, Shaw, Lingard and Fosu-Mensah so the team is going to be so youthful.

Looking forward to seeing Levitt, Ramazani and Puigmal the most - is they play that is. Mengi in defence is also a good prospect.

Kazakhstan away on a Thursday afternoon. Has ever a phrase more perfectly summed up the Europa league.

Makes perfect sense to me taking all the youngsters surprised Jones hasn’t gone can only assume injury.

Oh Tuanzebe has gone, I read it was TFM but clearly not. Would think Tuanzebe will be captain or maybe Lingard.

Oh Tuanzebe has gone, I read it was TFM but clearly not. Would think Tuanzebe will be captain or maybe Lingard.

Sure I read something saying TFM was with the squad as well this is from the BBC

Squad and ages:
Goalkeepers: Lee Grant (36), Matej Kovar (19).
Defenders: Max Taylor (19), Luke Shaw (24), Axel Tuanzebe (22), Teden Mengi (17), Di'Shon Bernard (19), Ethan Laird (18).
Midfielder: Dylan Levitt (19), Ethan Galbraith (18), Arnau Puigmal (18), James Garner (18), Jesse Lingard (26), Tahith Chong (19), Angel Gomes (19).
Forwards: Largie Ramazani (19), D'Mani Bughail-Mellor (19), Mason Greenwood (18).

My guess is Lingard will captain the team and start along with Shaw, Tuenzebe & Grant.

Grant

Laird Tuanzebe TBC Shaw

Garner TBC

Chong Lingard Gomes

Greenwood

Don't know enough about the kids o say who will start but that's my best guess I think all of the senior outfield players need to play the 90 minutes to get their fitness levels up ready for Christmas as I don't see any of them starting at the weekend vs Villa

What does that have to do with Spurs, Mourinho or the game in Astana?

And what’s with the use of the word nonce on this forum recently? Have I missed it’s come back to being fine to go around saying?

Probably not I just skimmed through and saw the words ball boy without really reading it. I had just been laughing with someone at work about Jose's praise for the ball boy. Sort of made me think about mctomminay award under jose.

My guess is Lingard will captain the team and start along with Shaw, Tuenzebe & Grant.

Grant

Laird Tuanzebe TBC Shaw

Garner TBC

Chong Lingard Gomes

Greenwood

Don't know enough about the kids o say who will start but that's my best guess I think all of the senior outfield players need to play the 90 minutes to get their fitness levels up ready for Christmas as I don't see any of them starting at the weekend vs Villa
Yeah I suspect Grant will start ahead of Kovar to get some experience in there.

I think Levitt should play alongside Garner and to be honest we kind of know what Chong can do so would be inclined to give Ramazani a go. Also was thinking maybe Ole would put Lingard alongside Garner? Obviously not his ideal position but just to get some experience in the middle of the park.

Could turn out to be a chastening evening but am actually really looking forward to seeing how it turns out. Shame it’s at 3:50pm and I’ll still be in the office but the radio will suffice.

Yeah he might play more of a 4-3-3 to keep Lingard amongst the midfielder from what I've seen of Garner he's quite an attacking player so I guess you need someone to try and sit deeper and protect the defence and take the ball from them.

I know what you're saying about Chong but I think he will play he needs the match experience and if they are going to try and get him to extend his deal they need to give him playing time I think him and Gomes should be starting and almost leading the younger players through it along with a few senior players.

Will be tough conditions it's a long journey to get there which the guys won't be used to and it'll be very cold so it will be a good judge of their character who looks to use it as an excuse and complain and who embraces the challenge and takes it on.

Result doesn't really matter I guess Utd will want to finish top as that means we are seeded in the next round but who really cares.

Apparently Barnard is starting. What defensive position does his play? Would love to see Ramazani start.
Yeah you and me both, Ramazani has come on leaps and bounds this years. Him and Puigmal have been dynamite this year.

Apparently Ole has confirmed Grant, Bernard, Laird and Levitt will all start.

Radio just said it's going to be -13 or something daft!

4G pitch as well I think.

Looking at the weather and our team I’m actually thinking the 3/1 odds on them are quite nice.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Might manage to catch a bit of the second half but it's a good test for the guys against a mens team and I'd be looking at players like Tuenzebe, Garner, Gomes, Chong, Greenwood to try and leave a lasting impression with the manager that will see them move into starting XI positions or up to bench players.

People talk about kids being given chances at Utd being in our DNA which is true but kids have to take those chances when they're offered if they want to be given more you only get so many so it's vital that these guys give Ole some sort of indication that they're ready. That can be simple things like not letting your head drop and keeping demanding the ball.

Lingard is actually playing like he's a level above this lot and with a point to prove. Comfortably the best player on the pitch.

How are the youngsters doing? Still in the office and not sure the boss would have appreciated me watching!

Is this the return of Messi Lingard or do we need to convince him to move to Astana?

Be handy if he could find a bit of form as I think we need to start giving James and Rashford some rest so they don't burn out, we've asked a lot of them in the first half of the season.

Tbh I was relatively happy with the game. I thought Levitt and laird did well. A couple of others did ok too. Game changed when Chong missed an absolute open goal and 38 seconds later they equalised

Important lesson for the kids take your chances or pay the price.

Sounds like we bossed the game just didn’t put away the chances.

Another tough night for Chong if anyone needed that goal it was him hopefully he can lift his head for the EFL cup game that is coming up.

Laird, Levitt, Greenwood and Garner were ok. Mellor had a decent cameo.

First half, Shaw was poor. Gomes had a better second half, but still struggled to impress.

Chong had a bad day at the office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back