Europa League 2019/20: Manchester United vs Partizan

SuperRash

Back in EL action this Thursday. Think if we win we are through so good incentive there.

Guess the team will be a mix in the team with youngsters like Garner and Williams probably going to start. I think Maguire, Rashford and McTominay all need a rest so this is a good chance to do it.

Yeah makes sense to give a few guys the night off if we can to make sure we keep them fresh not sure if anyone is imminently returning from injury Tuenzebe, Shaw, Dalot, Matic etc, apparently we have 8 players currently out injured so those 4 plus Pogba/Bailly not sure who the other 2 are.

If it was down to me the likes of Maguire, James, Rashford wouldn't even be on the bench you probably have to have McTominay as we are so short on midfield players.

Romero

AWB Jones Rojo Williams

Fred Garner

Greenwood Gomes Chong

Martial

Think it's good to give Martial a game keep him ticking over there's more internationals coming up after the weekend so he needs the games. I'd be looking to rest the guys who are likely to go away with national teams and play the first team guys who aren't going to play international games.

Not even sure if Gomes is fit at the moment so I'd say there's a chance he won't feature which means we might see Mata or Lingard which would be a shame because I want to see the kids play these games.

Win this and qualification is sorted as I assume it's head to head which means Partizan won't be able to catch us on 10 points.

The other 2 are Young and Fosu-Mensah according to PhysioRoom. But Young’s is suspension.

Oh yeah Fosu-Mensah the other forgotten man.

Another guy who just needs to get out and start again somewhere else he's a great example of how the loan system can work against you like Periera he should have just left and joined someone else 2 years ago rather than trying to cling on to being a Man Utd player. Januzaj did it and he sounds like he's got himself back on track at Sociedad who are currently top in Spain.

I’ve got Martial and Greenwood to score. United to win to nil. Goals in both half’s....and over 11 corners. 66/1 all looking nice cept the fact there’s 1 corner after 39 minutes!

Actually played some nice football tonight. Three lovely goals too.

Hopefully McTominay’s injury isn’t too serious but he was hobbling away when he was subbed.

Nice to get the first goal and then keep looking forward.

The third goal was a lovely piece of football.

That’s us through to the next round after 4 games.Hopefully in the last two games we see a bit more of Chong Gomes Garner and Williams.

Great win I think we need to see Greenwood starting games in the league now on the right of the front 3.

I think they may have to look at Rashford as the 10 to get James out on the left or one of James/Rashford has to come on from the bench as the impact player.

Obviously against poor opposition but created loads of chances could easily have been more but there was also some very sloppy play that better teams would punish.

Not sure if it makes much difference being 1st or 2nd but it means we can send all the kids out to Astana now as qualification is sorted.

Are you thinking of

McTominay Pogba

Greenwood Rashford James

Martial

?

I mean I’d love to see it for a game can’t see it ever happening though.

Yeah something like that obviously while Pogba is out injured you'd have Fred in that midfield but I think that gives us 4 really attacking/creative players with plenty of movement and it's got good balance if our full backs can overlap we should always have 3 or 4 players in the box looking to get on the end of crosses etc.

When Pogba comes back I think you probably can't play all 4 of them but having one of say James or Rashford on the bench gives you a option to change the game and I think vs the stronger sides we are likely to go to the 3-4-1-2 system and play Rashford/Martial as a strike pair. To be fair to Pogba I think he'd probably be ok playing a more disciplined role if he had 4 people ahead of him with lots of movement as he should be able to move the ball quicker.

Greenwood for me is the only answer on the right we all know the others can't play there he's done it a few times and played well enough that I'd give him that position now. The way the modern systems work a right forward needs to be left footed there's very few who play that position to a very high level that are right footed.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back