Premier League 2019/20: AFC Bournemouth v Manchester United

Team: De Gea, Wan-Bissaka, Maguire, Lindelof, Young, McTominay, Fred, Pereira, James, Martial, Rashford.

Subs: Romero, Mata, Lingard, Rojo, Greenwood, Garner, Williams.

Didn’t see it but sounded like the usual lots of running about but no real cutting edge or quality in final 1/3.

defending on the goal was sloppy AWB can’t let him turn like that you have to keep him facing away from your goal.

just another sign that it’s going to be a long season with as many ups as downs and questions will continue to be asked about Ole and what he’s doing. You’ve got to be able to take the points against middle-lower table teams regularly both home and away if you want to compete. Utd look incapable of doing that and by the sound of it once again we struggled to make any real chances.

just the result I needed as I found out my flight home has been delayed by 90 minutes

No urgency yet again, slow and pedestrian, so poor at playing through the lines. We lost our shape far too often, and I think changing the system every other match is not helping.

AWB - youthful exuberance, he will learn.

I've rated Nathan Ake for a few years now and would certainly take him over Lindelöf. Lindelöf always looks panicked whenever the ball is in the air.

I am not a big fan of lindelof tbh. If he comes up against anybody fast or big, or god forbid fast and big, he looks terrified. Totally the wrong man alongside Maguire who himself is slow.

It’s indicative of the last 6 years really, one step forward, two steps back.

We weren’t awful today but we weren’t pulling up trees either. Bournemouth didn’t even have to play that well to beat us and that’s the sad fact of where we are right now. I remember saying at the start of the season that we are going to have some decent days but we are also going to have some horrific days.

Worth noting that in our 3 recent wins we scored 2 penalties and 1 worldie free kick yes we ran riot vs Norwich but everyone is doing that to Norwich at the moment they let goals in for fun currently.

Yesterday was just another crushing reminder at how bad this squad of players are and how we aren’t coming up with a coherent plan on how to score goals. There is absolutely no direction to our passing no obvious attacking plan to expose a weakness and no real individual brilliance to unlock defences.

It’s always come down to this is it the players or is it the manager argument and honestly it’s both I just don’t see what Ole is offering that’s any different to what Mourinho did. It’s the same turgid football he didn’t address key issues in the squad over the summer and it’s killing us.

I mean how many more summers before we buy a f*cking right winger we haven’t signed one since Valencia in 09 we keep buying guys who can only play on the left or number 10s we are crying out for one.

You don’t even have to play that well to beat us anymore we create almost nothing and we’ll always give you a chance to score.

Keep hearing this Utd are suited to playing away from home stuff as well.

Our away record is turd lost to Newcastle, West Ham & Bournemouth drawn to Wolves and Southampton all poor performances.

I agree with most of this. Am I sure about ole? Absolutely not. However I still think he needs more than 1 transfer window to try to turn things around. He has brought 3 players in when 6 or 7 at least are needed. 6 or 7 in one window was not realistic. He has tried to address the back 4 which most people on here, not myself, thought was the biggest issue. He may well have thought certainl players, I am thinking lingard and Pereira specifically, were good enough but now has realised there not. If he does then certainly it's a problem but we won't find out until the next 2 transfer windows

I agree with most of this. Am I sure about ole? Absolutely not. However I still think he needs more than 1 transfer window to try to turn things around. He has brought 3 players in when 6 or 7 at least are needed. 6 or 7 in one window was not realistic. He has tried to address the back 4 which most people on here, not myself, thought was the biggest issue. He may well have thought certainl players, I am thinking lingard and Pereira specifically, were good enough but now has realised there not. If he does then certainly it's a problem but we won't find out until the next 2 transfer windows

Thing is I agree he needs 1 more window but I’d like to have some idea of what he’s trying to build before giving him that time.

I just can’t see what we are trying to do other than be good on the break which is fine but it can’t be your number 1 strategy at Man Utd and if it is then you need to also be great at set pieces.

A utd team should dominate the ball we always did that and with the ball it should pull you apart time after time scoring 3 or 4 goals a game vs the weaker sides. There’s still no clear direction for this team with the ball.

We still in the main dominate the ball but only in the first 2 thirds of the pitch. Our creativity is woeful. And our strikers and natural goalscorers. I don't think we have much choice than see where we are this time next year after 2 transfer windows and make a choice then.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back