Youri Tielemans

SuperRash

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just a rumour I have seen today. Probably not got much weight on it but you never know. Tielemans has been impressive for Leicester after his move to Monaco didn’t quite work. He has supreme ability and potential and at 21 will only get better. Have people seen much of him? A possible option for our midfield or too much of a risk because he hasn’t quite fulfilled his potential yet?

The rumours were Monaco let him go on loan to try and attract interest from other English clubs to start a bidding war as Jardim didn’t like him and didn’t want him back.

I remember this kid looking good against us for Anderlecht in Europa league and 40m might be worth a gamble if we are losing Herrera on a free.

Yeah I think this would be a good complimentary signing for Pogba or a big name replacement for Pogba.

I think the challenge will be once everyone knows him can he still influence games, he's had an impressive start at Leicester but will he be able to it next time he plays these teams because they'll have studied him.

Sky Sports reporting that we are in for him along with Spurs. It’s not like SS are amazing sources but he’s someone we should be in for, he’s still young and he’s shown at Leicester he can make the step up to the EPL. Think he would be relatively cheap in this crazy market too.

When I here the types of players we are alleged to be going for this is the type of player I thought of. In truth Leicester have several of them.

When I here the types of players we are alleged to be going for this is the type of player I thought of. In truth Leicester have several of them.
Yeah definitely. I would be more than happy to take Chilwell, Ndidi and Tielemans off them.

Yeah I like Pereira too.

I know we seem to like the big names but Liverpool have built their team on solid signings from the so called ‘smaller’ sides. Mané and Van Dijk were from Southampton, Firmino from Hoffenheim etc.

Some of our best signings have been from the lesser lights of the league. Sheringham, Yorke, Saha, Carrick to name a few.

Even someone like Doucoure at Watford I would take in a heart beat.

Tielemans should have been properly watched at Anderlecht so we should have good records on him.

I like him but will Monaco look to create a bidding war I don’t see a way back for him with Jardim there he basically forced him out in Jan as part of his return.

I’d take the gamble on him think he ticks a lot of boxes think he’d be a sensible replacement for Herrera.

I think this makes sense. He's done well in the PL for Leicester and I think can make the step up to us. That's what we should be doing. Sign players who are young and can still improve but who have done well in the league.

I think this makes sense. He's done well in the PL for Leicester and I think can make the step up to us. That's what we should be doing. Sign players who are young and can still improve but who have done well in the league.

Makes sense but in the prem that's adding 20m on the price tag of everyone you buy prem to prem deals are stupidly expensive.

Still think the club needs a few old heads not necessarily in the midfield we have Matic for that but certainly someone in the defence and attack who provides the consistency we need and some leadership.

Still think the club needs a few old heads not necessarily in the midfield we have Matic for that but certainly someone in the defence and attack who provides the consistency we need and some leadership.

Matic needs to be moved on. He's too slow to play for a top side now.

He does need to be improved but I do think he has a role to play next season.

Like Young he needs to be a player that goes from playing 50 games to playing 30 games next season.

Losing Herrera on a free kind of means we can't really afford to lose Matic as well.

Matic position for me is a position that needs upgrading but it doesn't need upgrading right now think he'd benefit from a bit of a rest and a proper pre season focus him mainly on league games next season and use younger players for cup/European games next season.

As much as I would like to you can’t move on everyone. You need still some experienced guys in your squad. I don’t think Matic will be going anywhere but we should be moving him away from being an automatic pick. However, you never know what’s in Ole’s thinking - any player could conceivably be up for the chop.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Absolutely no brainer for me. We’ve been linked with a lot of players but this is one I would be all up for. Think he’s a terrific talent, it didn’t work out at Monaco for a few reasons but at Leicester he showed he can cut it in this league. If we can get him for £40m we should be all over it.

Feels to me like he's a player who's on the shopping list but not top of it.

To me he's a no brainer Herrera replacement but you wonder if they're focusing the money on the defence first they may look to go through the prem with Matic, Fred, Pogba (if he stays) plus the younger boys supporting next season.

If we're playing 3 in midfield I think you want 4 senior guys before you are using the likes of McTominay & Periera as injuries and bans do happen in a season.

That said I like this guy think he'd be a great Herrera replacement if he is available for the 40m fee that Leicester apparently agreed as part of their loan deal then I think we should snap him up.

The issue might be that Monaco will obviously be pushing that price up for the big 6 clubs if they come in because it isn't a release fee if they do that the deal might not be so attractive if they suddenly want 60m.

Spurs also being in the frame might be another issue CL football plus London may be a problem for us as we don't want to just be chucking bigger wages at him to attract him here we ideally want guys who are picking us over Spurs because they want to be here.

Utd should be telling players forget what we pay you having that Utd badge associated to you will increase what you earn outside of Utd in terms of sponsorships and if you do well the money will come from Utd.

Would be happy if this one happened, sure I mentioned on another thread somewhere that Im amazed noone else has been interested in this guy if he is seemingly happy to go to leicester.

James Ducker:

Youri Tielemans, the Monaco and Belgium midfielder who spent last season on loan at Leicester City, is one of numerous players to have been offered to United but the club are not thought to be pursuing a deal for the 22 year-old and are instead focusing on other targets. Leicester would like to sign Tielemans permanently but have been put off by his €45m valuation.

About to sign for Leicester for £40m. Think we will regret not being in for him because I really think he could have elevated our midfield. But no worries we will be in for him in a few years when Leicester want £100m!

I agree. This is a really weak area of our time and we have the chance to get a premier league player for a smallish fee and we pass it up. I hope this isn't because we are waiting for pogba to stay or go before we do anything.

Yeah can’t believe we aren’t getting in on this we haven’t replaced Carrick, Fellaini or Herrera who’ve all gone in last 12 months. Midfield getting weaker every window.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back