They are just a cut above us in the final third but we knew that. Work to be done to close the gap.

Honeymoon over. Yep the guy who got the first shouldn’t be on the pitch but perhaps Young shouldn’t either.

Tie over

To be fair it should be remembered... This is one of the best teams in Europe who have underperformed for too long really.

Ole looks genuinely sad and upset on the bench. I think he's realised tonight just how big a job he has to close the gap in Europe.

Unfortunately, not st the races today. Let’s hope it doesn’t dent the confidence too much

I'm not sure I'd say Ole got it wrong. Losing Lingard with his pace hurt. And what happened to Martial? As for Sanchez... Sell him. Sack him. He's a joke.

So wait now... There will be United fans out there saying "see this is why Ole isn't the right choice". Ultimately this next week will show us a lot. It shouldn't decide anything either way but it will show us a lot.

Psg players just looked that bit better, the passes and style of play had us chasing our tails.
Just not our night. And as for di maria.. wish someone would have two foot tackled him

Traffic was apparently bad before the game as well. There might have been an accident on regent road.

Back to the game. I thought the first half was fairly even but PSG turned the screw in the second half.

Glad to see there's little or no knee jerk reactions going on here folks. Had to end somewhere, unfortunately we were beaten by a team who not only had the class but the experience and temperament to play at this level. In the last 6 years we've (the club) had very little experience of playing at this level and most of this team were not present when we did play Bayern or Real Madrid in 2013 and 2014.

Tonight can still be turned into a positive if we learn from it as a club, as coaches and as players. Squad depth sorely lacking, in some cases it's a lack of quality, in some it's lack of suitability to how we want to play now, in some it's both. We have a strong 11 that have been almost ever present since Ole came in, Burnley game showed the difference when we do make those changes to the front 6. Forced into it tonight and will possibly cost us also at Chelsea on Monday.

I thought towards the end of the first half they had started to get on top. Ole has done a brilliant job raisingvyhe confidence of the players but he has almost fooled the fans too. He has made them think that rashford is as good as mbappe and Kane but He isn't. He is a very good player but he is a long way from being world class. Psg are a good team so losing to them is nothing we should be embarrassed about. Hopefully it will bring us back down to earth. The bottom line is we needed several players under Jose and we still need them.

I was really positive about the game last night, and the bookies actually had us favourites for the game which showed the way they thought it would sway. In certain areas of the pitch it just showed the difference in class between the two of us (even without Cavani and Neymar)
Obviously the substitutions didn't help matters atall, and the replacements to come on, in their own way just werent good enough - Sanchez was terrible, he just looks like he is playing with a sniper on him and he lost the ball nearly every time he had it, Mata on the other hand did get a few good touches but is he quick enough ? strong enough ? No - He isnt.

Would of been interested to see how the game panned out without the injuries, and if Rashford had turned up tonight - I thought he was really poor aswell.

All comes back to things Ashley Young as our skipper and in that right back position that as mentioned by @jsp and myself, hasn't been addressed since Sir Alex left. on a slightly positive note, I was glad he bundled over that ugly argentine mercenary.

2-0 down and we head to parc de princes with a PSG side back equipped with Cavani and Neymar, and us without atleast Pogba and others may be out dependant on injuries. Even the glass half full sort of people will have to think it will take a small miracle for us to be in the next round.

Of all opposition fans Ive ever seen, that lot annoyed me more than most Ive seen in a while. Kicking off in their section when they are 1-0 up ? didnt think they were capable.

The injuries were for sure a problem. I was surprised myself, I would have pushed Rashford out right and brought Lukaku on.

Anyway it is what it is, they highlighted Young as the weak leak and Pogba as the positive so marked him out the game.

We need a right back and we need more quality, but we knew this already.

I'm more worried about the Chelsea and Liverpool game now with the two injuries. Lose those two and the knives will be out for Ole. Even though on paper we should lose to Liverpool.

This bunch of games should have no bearing on Ole in my opinion.

Bit late to the show on this one but key points for me.

PSG very lucky to keep Kimpembe on the pitch I felt the ref was very keen to get the yellow card out but terrified of getting his red card out, the fact he got the cards out so early meant pressure was on to give reds. I think he bottled a big decision on this guy twice before he scored his goal and early red in our favour would have been huge. Equally both Young & Pogba were lucky with tackles they made that could have been second yellows in the first half. It seemed like the policy was first foul was a yellow second foul was free third foul was game over Pogba eventually had to go but Alves was very clever in making the ref make that decision.

I think we were outsmarted a bit when it came to the dark side of the game PSG were very smart at buying free kicks when they needed them I don't think we were as cute on that front this comes with experience. Our lack of CL experience showed in this respect these PSG boys have been round the block and know what to do to get out of trouble by using the ref.

The injuries to our two wingers massively impacted the way PSG played us with the counter attack threat gone they pressed on to us and the extra quality they have really showed especially in the midfield where second half they dominated Utd couldn't get any control of the game. Marquinos and Verrati dominated in there and showed there's a level about the players we have.

I felt the substitution at half time was wrong that was not a game for Mata in this system he just can't function I think they should have changed to a 4-4-2 got Fred on and just played Sanchez and Rashford as two strikers. Alternatively Lukaku out wide would have been a better option than Mata I hate to say it but he's to much of a passenger in this team because we don't dominate possession.

Defensively we switched off Matic totally lost his man on the corner the ball was perfect but he should not be free 6 yards from goal and when you have a keeper like DDG who stays on his line you can't afford to just let a man go like that it's such a basic thing in football.

It's a bit of a reality check of where we are and hopefully it'll remind the board that there's still lots of work to be done to get us back competing at the very top level.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back