Ro-Shaun Williams

RvN10

The club has confirmed he has left the club to join Shrewsbury on a permanent deal

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thought he was highly regarded by the staff? Bit outta the blue this.

Maybe we have a buy back or something

He was highly regarded early on and probably still is to a degree but he never quite pushed on and really banged down the door to the first team. Tuanzebe was always slightly in front of him and I think he’s likely to be the one who breaks through. Williams needs games now because he can’t spend forever in the U23’s so this is probably a good move for him. Would be nice if we did whack in a cheeky buy back clause because he is a talented lad.

Good luck to him the stuff I've read suggests he was a big talent coming through but hit a wall and couldn't really break through and make the next steps.

I'm surprised by this... I thought he was highly rated by the coaches? Or have others overtaken him?

I'm surprised by this... I thought he was highly rated by the coaches? Or have others overtaken him?

Think he was one who at 16 they had high hopes for but struggled to make the next step.

The fact he’s dropping 2 divisions kinds of tells you where he is could make his way back to the prem one day but this is what he needed.

Had some injuries and progress had stalled with us. Needed to move on.

Shrewsbury were close to being promoted to the Championship via the play offs last season but are 23rd in League One this season.

Had some injuries and progress had stalled with us. Needed to move on.

Shrewsbury were close to being promoted to the Championship via the play offs last season but are 23rd in League One this season.

They had Henderson from us on loan last season he's with Sheff Utd this year so he might have put a good word in with Williams and recommended the club.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back