FA Cup 0
League Cup 0
Champions League 0

Previous Seasons
Andreas Pereira | Match Discussion thread 2017/18
Andreas Pereira | Match Discussion thread 2016/17
Andreas Pereira | Match Discussion thread 2015/16

Andreas Pereira | Match Discussion thread 2014/15

Thought he was excellent last night. Always composed in possession and I can’t really remember him losing it. He definitely feels like a new signing and our midfield felt more dynamic with him in.

That passing midfielder has been a big miss in recent seasons with Carrick not available as much. Provided a lot defensively too. In these home games where we’ve struggled to break the opposition down, I think he’s ideal and should be played ahead of Matic who slows things down. His passing range is arguably the best at the club.

I thought he was ok Saturday, he didn't really impose himself as much as I hoped. But, we all know that no matter how good he is, as soon as Matic comes back from injury Pereira will be dropped like a stone, like Martial and Shaw!

I actually thought he was to risk adverse on Friday. Was looking for more cutting edge from him in the role. Played the easy pass every time. Matic can do that he needs to show he’s got more in his locker. But first premier league start for the club and there was bound to be a few nerves there. No one looks great in the season opener.

I actually thought he was to risk adverse on Friday. Was looking for more cutting edge from him in the role. Played the easy pass every time. Matic can do that he needs to show he’s got more in his locker. But first premier league start for the club and there was bound to be a few nerves there. No one looks great in the season opener.

I guess first game under the new manager in a new position just do the job the normal guy does to start with and make the right impression on the manager. Start with the basics then add the more complicated bits after.

I think once Matic & Herrera are back it's unlikely we will see him in that role but it would be nice to see him playing as one of the more attacking centre mids (number 8's) or he might give us more from the right obviously hasn't got the experience of Mata but will give us a bit more speed in attacks than Mata does.

Really enjoyed watching Pereira in pre-season and great to see him carry that form through to the Premier League. There have been similarly talented players in/around Pereira's age groups (Januzaj, Wilson etc) who haven't made it here but Pereira's attitude seems to separate him from the others.

Great decision by him to enforce the loan last season too - aside from playing for a side like Valencia, experiencing a new environment at that age must have done wonders for him - following on from his spell at Grenada. He's had a very rounded development to date with his loans and the clubs he's been with (including PSV) so it all bodes very well going forward for him.

I think the loan backfired on him a bit last season because with our injuries in midfield he'd have got chances here instead Mourinho had to turn to McTominay. At the time it was 100% the right call but Pogba was injured for a few months just after the loan move and at the same time Fellaini/Carrick were out and Herrera was short of fitness.

As a lot of the pros say there's loads of kids with talent it's the ones who crack the mental side of it who make it Periera not afraid to make brave calls he made it clear in pre season he wanted to prove himself to Mourinho and it would seem he's already got himself ahead of Managers Player of the Year Scott McTominay.

Kept it simple but was a lot quicker in his passing than Matic will ever be, he doesn't need to play lots of risky passes, just needs to keep it ticking. Issue with Matic isn't that he plays simple, it's that he slows play down and isn't very mobile, not the case with Pereira. Matic will be first choice, he's experienced and Mourinho trusts him defensively. Pereira is inexperienced in this role and has a lot to learn. He adds a lot to the role though especially when we need to move the ball quicker, I think Fred can also do this.

I like what I'm reading and hearing about Pereira. Trouble is once Matic and Herrera are back he drops way down the list. But I like what he can offer this midfield in terms of his technical ability.

What is going on with this guy? We have Matic playing so poor and Pereira doesn't even get a look in! I'd be looking for a Jan move if i was him. Half a bad game against Brighton and he's not seen again. Jose is a clown!

He wasn't even that bad in that Brighton game but he did appear in that league cup game vs Derby but I agree it's odd what is going on here.

You'd at least expect to see him on the bench but now that everyone is fit he's right back down the pecking order.

Think he came on on the right wing against Valencia. Chelsea and Arsenal after him in January.

Was always going to be difficult to get time in midfield with Matic Pogba Herrera Fellaini and Fred there though.

Is our 6th choice CM really going to make the bench on occasions? And tbh with the chances he has had he’s been tidy but he’s not done anything to standout and make you think ‘this lad needs to be on the pitch’. I want to see more of Fred and Herrera platings games before him. Oh José just bite the bullet and play a Fred Herrera Pogba trio

He has a great passing range, something Matic nor Fellaini possess. He is quick across the ground and get's stuck in. He needs a chance but sadly this is another player who just wont get a chance. He will go somewhere else and shine.

The problem with pereira is He actually has a much better range of passing than he showed in the first team. He tended to stop very deep and play like matic. Possibly the way Jose wanted him to play?

If he's the 6th choice given his contract situation why wasn't he sold last summer?

I tend to agree he's not done anything that's made me think we should be seeing more of this kid given he also seems to have Lingard ahead of him as a midfield option but in a team that's lacked any creative spark it's odd that this lad hasn't been given a bit more of a chance.

I know a lot of people had high hopes for him but he didn't nail down a spot in the Valencia team last season so I didn't really expect him to do much here but he had 2 ok games at the start of the season then disappeared which was odd.

How did he do on Wednesday?

By hearing the reports he didn’t do amazing but he’s no winger, he doesn’t have great pace, he has good ability but certainly not as a winger. I would be surprised if he plays much more this season, I don’t think Jose really fancies him. But after being out of the side for a long time and then put in out of position in a horribly unbalanced side I don’t think you could expect much more.

I just feel there is a top player in there but maybe he’s better off going somewhere else where he can flourish. I would hate for it to become a De Bruyne situation though, he didn’t really get many chances at Chelsea then went off to Wolfsburg, honed his game and now he’s arguably the best player in the league.

He was fairly non existent but so was everyone else in the front 6.

One nice little run then made the wrong decision to shoot not pass. And one decent shot.

To me looked out of his depth but the line up was a joke so can’t really judge him as it was a total mess

However, chances at Utd are limited when you get it you have to grab it and for me he didn’t try to grab that chance and show what he can do.

For me it’s time to cash in as a bit like Januzaj for me he’s in that good but not quite good enough bracket.

FA Cup: Manchester United 2-0 Reading - 6th January 2019

I think he will be disappointed by his performance.

Hard to really judge him when he’s dumped in makeshift teams like he has been vs Reading and Valencia.

Can see there’s talent but doesn’t look like Utd quality talent to me I think it’s time for him to move on and get a permanent run in the side somewhere.

Think his contract is up in the summer so you wonder if Utd might try and move him on in January as reality is we don’t need him.

FA Cup: Manchester United 2-0 Reading - 6th January 2019

I think he will be disappointed by his performance.

Think everyone was. I feel sorry for him, he’s been played in every position going. What even is his position? He need a run at what he’s best at. Only then can we see how good he actually is

Think everyone was. I feel sorry for him, he’s been played in every position going. What even is his position? He need a run at what he’s best at. Only then can we see how good he actually is

In youth team football he was a number 10 playing just off the striker but that position doesn't really exist in the modern game with everyone going 4-3-3 I don't see why Mourinho tried making him into a holding midfield player as defensively he's never had that sort of responsibility.

I guess he could play as an attacking midfield player in your 3 on either the right of the left side but he doesn't really have the speed for the front 3 as he's not really a dribbler.

Problem is he only has 6 months on his contract so it really is judgement time for him but at best he's currently 5th choice CM assuming Fellaini is now out of favour but the reality is he's the 6th choice maybe even 7th if you include McTominay so game time in the next 6 months will be limited.

If he was really good enough for us he'd have forced himself into that Valencia side last season I personally feel it's time to cash out on him in January take £10m plus some sort of buyback/sell on arrangement and see where he goes.

There's just to much ahead of him at the moment to see him getting a realistic shot.

I agree, under Jose we would not have had as many points and more importantly goals.

I think we could hold our own at Spurs and get a point, it might be a case of trying to outscore them with our defence and their attack.

I agree, under Jose we would not have had as many points and more importantly goals.

I think we could hold our own at Spurs and get a point, it might be a case of trying to outscore them with our defence and their attack.

Was that meant for a different thread?

Premier League: Manchester United 2-2 Burnley - 29th January 2019

I hear he struggled?

At fault for the first goal, why he was thrown in the starting line up for the first time in 6 months was a bad decision.

I know were trying to keep the main lads fit with plenty of games coming up but that wasnt the right call for me, just my opinion.

We loan this lad out time and time again, tonight reiterates the fact that he just isnt good enough to stake a claim to get in our starting lineup.

At fault for the first goal, why he was thrown in the starting line up for the first time in 6 months was a bad decision.

I know were trying to keep the main lads fit with plenty of games coming up but that wasnt the right call for me, just my opinion.

We loan this lad out time and time again, tonight reiterates the fact that he just isnt good enough to stake a claim to get in our starting lineup.

Agreed

Even apart from the mistake on the goal I thought he was quite poor I just don't think he'll make it at Utd because he's not playing enough I think he needs to move on to develop his game.

On the goal he was sold a terrible hospital pass from Jones all he could hope for at that point was the Burnley player fouling him.

Got to agree with the above, it’s obviously not easy coming in every few weeks and expecting to perform. Some players are better at it than others, like in the SAF era you knew if Keane or Scholes were injured then Butt could come in and be on it straight away. Obviously it’s slightly different because Pereira isn’t getting hardly any game time but I can’t say I’m impressed right now. If he played consistently I think there is a good player in there but he needs to go get those games.

I'm not sure why he started, he's never done anything for me to be worthy of even a bench position really. We should let him go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back