Christian Pulisic to Chelsea?

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He’s a player I’ve heard of but never really seen play all I know is Sancho has taken his spot at Dortmund so it’s probably time to move on.

Seems to get rave reviews from all those who watch him so I assume he’s good plus the fact he’s potentially the USA superstar the world has been waiting for this could b3 huge for Chelsea if he comes off. Although I think the American fans these days aren’t obsessed with needing a home grown hero as people thought they were 10 years ago.

As for Chelsea saw something online saying Pedro, Willian & Hazard are all out of contract next summer with 2 being over 30 they needed to sign new wingers.

The big question is have they signed Pulisic to hopefully convince Hazard to stay or have they done it early because they know Hazard will go in the summer so they wanted the replacement wrapped up.

Pulisic seems a very good player from the limited amount ive seen of him, For me the writing has been on the wall for some time and Hazard is as good as gone, I can only see him going to Madrid and i reckon he will be pretty unreal when he is there too...

He’s a right sided player though so isn’t a direct replacement for Hazard more for William/Pedro so they’d need to bring in a left sided player still.

Didn’t realise hes down to last 18 months of contract so £57m for Dortmund backup right mid is a hell of a deal for Dortmund. Imagine what they’ll be asking for Sancho now or what Chelsea can ask for Hazard?

I think it’s a smart move for Pulisic Chelsea can be a good stepping stone club even with the instability of management they’ve still won 2 league titles in 5 years.

Most people seem to be asking what this means for Hudson-Odoi who is currently negotiating a new contract and offers have been made from Bayern Munich to sign him as they think he’s a serious talent.

He's a kid, only 19 or 20. Bags of potential but we all know that can go either way. I'm not sure Chelsea is the club for someone like that.

He's a kid, only 19 or 20. Bags of potential but we all know that can go either way. I'm not sure Chelsea is the club for someone like that.

If you are from the academy yes but when they’re spending 60m on you then you are going straight into the first team

Hazard was 22 when he joined them and he’s never looked back.

I think it’s a smart move maybe not ready for the true elite clubs but joining a good second tier team where he can spend a few years getting ready for the real big clubs.

What are your opinions of Pulisic at this point? Before his move to Chelsea I really wanted him to play on our right. I think he would have been a great addition to the squad, and he's American. He scored the equalizer today. I have read a lot of anti-Pulisic stuff but it's hard to tell if it's just anti-USA cadged in footy terms.

Looks like a good winger haven’t seen loads of him due to the injury but he seems to have settled in pretty well.

I think some of the hate comes because he’s been a bit over hyped in the US, he’s arguably the biggest star they’ve had to make it across to Europe.

I’m guessing he’ll nail down that starting spot now.

I have no awareness of this Pulisic hate, so it sounds the stuff of myth to me. And I have never known the fans or the press within this country to judge a footballer based on what country he comes from.
Strange stuff indeed.

It’s not really something from here @Shoot it was more a thing during his time at Dortmund.

He obviously generated a huge profile being this super talented American kid and it rubbed a few people up the wrong way especially when he lost his spot to Sancho and the coach kept being asked about him.

I have no awareness of this Pulisic hate, so it sounds the stuff of myth to me. And I have never known the fans or the press within this country to judge a footballer based on what country he comes from.
Strange stuff indeed.
People on another football forum regularly trashed him, not this one.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back