Post Match Discussion: Manchester United v Arsenal

IDFD

What an oddly strange game. We were the better side for most of it. They got two very lucky goals we bounced back quickly and couldn’t take advantage.

Could we please leave the match day threads open for say a 3 hour window and then close them?

Because there is nowhere to discuss the actual game. We have player performance thread. But that game was worth discussing. It was excellent in terms of entertainment even if not our performance. I’m shocked no one got sent off after the first 25 mins.

I’m surprised you say that, Savage reckons Arsenal were much better and unlucky on BBC text. Interested to see what Keown says on motd

Because there is nowhere to discuss the actual game. We have player performance thread. But that game was worth discussing. It was excellent in terms of entertainment even if not our performance. I’m shocked no one got sent off after the first 25 mins.

New threads can be created to discuss the game.

In my opinion the draw was a fair result but there goals were both extremely lucky. De Gea doesn’t make those mistakes and the second was a Rojo own goal that got a lucky deflection and De Gea didn’t make a meaningful save. But both times we responded admirably and bounced back. The first 15 mins is what we need more of as we looked like we could have taken that game by the scruff of the neck but when not getting the break through we retreated.

Probably the best United game to watch as a neutral in a long time.

New threads can be created to discuss the game.

Why? We've asked this before. It makes complete sense to keep it open to discuss the game, not just for 3 hours, just permanently, why do we need to open a new thread? It's not like there are 100's of us on this forum. It makes absolutely no sense at all to open a new one, like this!

We have player performance thread but we want to discuss the general game as well as players.

Maybe we, as forum members, should decide how we like the forum to run. I say we should have a vote on keeping the tread open or not as it annoys the hell out of me when I want to discuss the game and the thread is closed down within a minute of the game finishing.

Anarchy! come and joing the Frenchies on strike... ;-)

it's a nightmare here at the moment. Anyway, thats off topic.

I watched match of the day, not really impressed to be honest, awful at the back. They did highlight the pressing we did at the start and what difference it makes. But we just seem to lack any real quality. We can't seem to open a side up.

I obviously wasn’t watching closely as I didn’t really notice that our pressing dropped off. Was it a tactical move or did we just tire?

Anarchy! come and joing the Frenchies on strike... ;-)

it's a nightmare here at the moment. Anyway, thats off topic.

I watched match of the day, not really impressed to be honest, awful at the back. They did highlight the pressing we did at the start and what difference it makes. But we just seem to lack any real quality. We can't seem to open a side up.

My brother lives in France @Mr C seems like its madness over there at the moment !

yeah next week could be grim, rumours of lorry drivers, ambulance, teachers, air traffic all going on strike!

Lukaku is a prime example of what I hate abou the side at the moment, he doesn't offer enough, unless he's scoring he's pretty useless. Pogba does offer that touch of class, but we seemed a bit more mobile without him last night. Maybe those purchases just aren't working out for united.

I obviously wasn’t watching closely as I didn’t really notice that our pressing dropped off. Was it a tactical move or did we just tire?
I don't think it was tactical I just don't think the players that came on are particularly good at pressing

so maybe a lot of the problems are down to the players?

Part of the problem is the players yes. There's too much dead wood, there are too many players who simply aren't good enough and others not playing to their potential or anywhere near it. But bottom line the manager is the biggest issue with regards to the first team. There are other issues above him but he has to work with what he has right now. He's not done a good job of that.

I think a few legs went Rojo, Dalot, Bailly were all clearly starting to struggle and I think Herrera was too Lingard looked like he went off with an injury which changes the plans to.

I thought Arsenal looked the better side in possession and they've certainly got a bit more backbone to them now with those 2 lads in midfield but Utd were much more like the Utd we'd want to see. 2 very sloppy mistakes cost us the goals but De Gea made a few saves after that to keep it at 2-2 plus he's basically performed miracles so it's hard to be to critical but that was a real howler.

Was a good start but the 1st Arsenal goal felt like it was coming the pressure was building a bit and another sloppy goal from a set piece a fairly free header and a keeper mistake.

It was clear the players were up for it from the first minute they were in faces. The defenders were putting attackers under pressure forcing them backwards, midfield facing up to the opposite number and the strikers working hard to stop them playing out from the back they all probably felt they had a point to prove after the recent performances.

In terms of quality I think it was two fairly average teams going at each other the defending on both sides was a real issue as we both basically gifted each other goals by not being switched on.

Draw for me was a fair result and you have to say fair play to the lads who came in who put the more expensive guys to shame in terms of showing what working hard can do.

Why? We've asked this before. It makes complete sense to keep it open to discuss the game, not just for 3 hours, just permanently, why do we need to open a new thread? It's not like there are 100's of us on this forum. It makes absolutely no sense at all to open a new one, like this!

We have player performance thread but we want to discuss the general game as well as players.[

Maybe we, as forum members, should decide how we like the forum to run. I say we should have a vote on keeping the tread open or not as it annoys the hell out of me when I want to discuss the game and the thread is closed down within a minute of the game finishing.

Anything and everything will be discussed in just the one thread which will make other parts of the forum redundant and defeats the purpose a forum.

Anything and everything will be discussed in just the one thread which will make other parts of the forum redundant and defeats the purpose a forum.

As I said I do understand the logical reason behind it and didn’t mean to cause any problems it’s just post match immediately after the game I often go to post then the threads shut and I think ‘I can’t be bothered to find a relevant thread for this as this is the thread it should be in it’s about the game no player in particular’ which is why I thought a cut off time would be fair. Even if it just gave people half hour to vent after a frustrating game. Which is normally what I want to do currently.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back