Subs v Juventus

Sideshow Bob

Mourinho deserves credit for the choice of subs. They had a positive impact on the outcome.

Deserves credit for the starting 11 too. If Lukaku is injured it’s a blessing in disguise. Much better start to the game. Poor performance for the first half hour of the second half but pulled it around. So much confidence in the side leading in to Sunday surely.

Think he got it spot on from the start and made the right changes at the right time.

Think the Juventus manager will regret the subs he made inviting us on to them by going to a back 3.

Think he got it spot on from the start and made the right changes at the right time.

Think the Juventus manager will regret the subs he made inviting us on to them by going to a back 3.

Bang on @jsp, was an awful tactical decision from Juve - once they went 3 at the back and the subs were made it made a big difference.

I was cursing Jose for bringing Fellaini on, I actually thought he was putting him on for damage limitation for the sake of goal difference in case we needed it in the last match v Valencia. Just goes to show lol

I was cursing Jose for bringing Fellaini on, I actually thought he was putting him on for damage limitation for the sake of goal difference in case we needed it in the last match v Valencia. Just goes to show lol

Fellaini coming on is definitely an attacking move it was hail mary into the box time at that point and just hope that something falls for us.

I think they went to the back 3 because of Fellaini coming on but it backfired as it allowed this tactic to be way more effective as they dropped deeper to try and hold what they had in classic Italian style. They did exactly the same in the first game but Utd didn't find a moment of quality to open them up whereas last night we did Martial started really going for them and Mata delivered a gem of a free kick.

I think Jose mentioned before the game that he had better options to bring off the bench last night than the home game thanks to Sanchez, Lingard and Fellaini being fit again.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back