Utd already discussing transfer targets

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Manchester United ready to back Jose Mourinho as transfer window talks get underway

I mean you'd hope that there's at least a monthly meeting between the manager, board, scouts etc to discuss progress on transfer targets for January or the summer.

Really you only should do business in January if something comes up that you can't turn down like the opportunity with Sanchez last season or Liverpool with Van Dijk or Barca with Coutinho moves that didn't make it over the line in the summer that you can force through in January.

I don't really see how we can sort our problems in January anyway as the players we need won't be available and it's obvious we aren't going to pay stupid prices.

Really January could be a busy month for getting players out especially those with contracts running down who aren't prepared to sign new deals & Fellaini :cool:

Fellaini? Lol he won't be going anywhere

Talk is £100m available for the right players IF we can tempt them.

Lots of players coming up to the end of their contract, notably for me Jones! Is this the chance we have to get rid of the clown at lastr or is Jose going to serenade him publicly to stay like he did with Fellaini.

Fellaini most certainly wont be going anywhere, the only thing I can see happening is a couple of departures from the club.

If Tottenham can’t get through their group stage still aren’t at their new stadium and don’t look like challenging for the title then you’d have to think Alderwierald would be happy to make the move in January. Other than that I can’t think of a sensible move to make. Perhaps try and get £5m for Jones £10m for Mata and Herrera who would be leaving for free 6 months later. Maybe even offer Herrera to Tottenham as a sweetener like with Sanchez/Mhki. They’re losing Dembele on a free in the summer.

Fellaini? Lol he won't be going anywhere

Talk is £100m available for the right players IF we can tempt them.

Lots of players coming up to the end of their contract, notably for me Jones! Is this the chance we have to get rid of the clown at lastr or is Jose going to serenade him publicly to stay like he did with Fellaini.

Despite his renewal he's only 18 months away from his contract being up as he only signed a 2 year deal so Utd surely are planning on selling this summer it's either than or renew him again. I know he tries harder than others but I just can't stand watching him and he's a comfort blanket for the managers who eventually give up all hope and just pump it to Fellaini we need to scrap plan B and start working on a proper plan A.

I just don't see where the players who might be available are going to be I can't really see us targeting anyone already in the prem due to the premium we'd have to pay and it's unlikely the top European sides will sell there best mid season.

Think I read somewhere that at the end of the 2019 season Utd currently have 12 players out of contract there's big decisions that need made on this otherwise we are facing a huge bill because to spend big you ideally need to sell big and right now we don't really have a lot of players who we can shift.

Absolute joke if they stick with Jose. And in fact so much so I'll be done until he's gone.

I thought last summer would be a big, important one and that was just a non starter. Summer 2019 will be huge now.

There are a few encouraging signs at the moment. I'm not saying it's all rosey, but there are few sparks.

We do really need some investment/clearance on the playing staff.

If we start with Lukaku this weekend it's a step back for me

There's other stories going around probably from more Mourinho based reporters like our old pal Duncan Castles that Woodward cancelled the transfer meeting at late notice and they are struggling to agree on targets.

There's other stories going around probably from more Mourinho based reporters like our old pal Duncan Castles that Woodward cancelled the transfer meeting at late notice and they are struggling to agree on targets.

Would make sense. Woodward seems to have an idea of what players he wants. Jose has a different idea. That was the case in the summer so why would that change in just a few months.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back