The FA to investigate Jose Mourinho's touchline comments after United’s win over Newcastle

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

There are conflicting reports over what he said one version I've heard is him saying us vs the world and another was basically saying something along the lines of F U mother F'ers.

In the Premier League yes because everything is drummed up as controversy but then which other managers have been caught swearing straight down a camera?

There is an element of don't stick a camera in my face with a microphone on 30 seconds after a win as I'm walking down the tunnel he wasn't exactly screaming down the camera drogba style he was muttering under his breathe it was clearly a relief.

Anything more than a slap on the wrist to me seems harsh and I'd say that about any manager.

He did in a post game interview not sure if he got any punishment had a quick google and it doesn't seem like he did but I guess it depends what was said. Klopp dropped an F Bomb but in his usual jokey way the allegation of what Mourinho said was a bit more sinister.

He looked utterly ridiculous doing that with his little finger out and his spoilt little brat face. only HE could do that. Why not go and give the crowd high fives or clap them all. No, Jose does the opposite of what he should and looked a dick doing it.

He looked utterly ridiculous doing that with his little finger out and his spoilt little brat face. only HE could do that. Why not go and give the crowd high fives or clap them all. No, Jose does the opposite of what he should and looked a dick doing it.

he's trying to create a them and us atmosphere, that's all. Man Utd vs the world. He always does it.

he's trying to create a them and us atmosphere, that's all. Man Utd vs the world. He always does it.

Problem is it's spiralled into something else

Us vs the world
Us vs the board
Us vs the player

and finally

Us vs the manager.

It's divided us rather than united us as a fanbase and club.

The Utd fans will stick with you in the ground for 90 minutes but at half time the boos were there followed by chants of United United they want the team to know they're not happy but I think what followed the boos is what really lifted them.

Depends what sort of fan you are, do you believe the press, or what the players say?

I'm not saying things are great, but the huddle before Valencia, the second half vs West Ham and the players in the tunnel after would indicate things aren't as bad as the press say about players vs Jose.

Quite a bit of me thinks that's wishful thinking. The bigest concern surely is De Gea, he needs to sign a new deal.

Fundamentally, my opinion is, even if you change Jose, the problems remain. The club needs big changes. But changing him might bring a a year or two respite. I can't see us attracting or keeping top drawer players until the basics are sorted. The club needs a vision. I fear this is just the start, albeit 5 years in. I really can't see us being competitive for a long time.

I'd agree with that. I'd say from when Jose goes it would be 3 years minimum until we are back to where we need to. Great teams aren't built over night.

And while the Glazers are owners as and there is no real structure at the top this could actually go on and on

Don't you mean a Mourinho v world atmosphere? He did afterall say "manhunt" not "clubhunt". I think you may have forgotten that its always about him and always has been.

Problem is it's spiralled into something else

Us vs the world
Us vs the board
Us vs the player

and finally

Us vs the manager.

It's divided us rather than united us as a fanbase and club.

The Utd fans will stick with you in the ground for 90 minutes but at half time the boos were there followed by chants of United United they want the team to know they're not happy but I think what followed the boos is what really lifted them.

Yes.That's because its about him not United. Why is this so hard for people to understand?

Absolutely. His actions are those of a highly defensive and insecure man who knows that his philosophies are on the edge of unravelling in front of his eyes. Its's a classic persecution complex that's a basic defence from facing his own shortcomings. If he can believe that it's a manhunt then he doesn't have to take on board serious criticism.

There are so many signs that he is psychologically unhinged

This is getting so boring. You don't like Jose; we get it. Move on ffs!

Oh boy , I wish I could move on tbh. The problem is I have to watch him throwing his poison around and creating negativity in the club and eroding team spirit. I don't particularly like next door neighbours dog but what really makes it much worse is when it *****s all over my drive.

Mourinho 'angered' by FA charge over swearing - Football365

He's been charged and could face a touchline ban.

People will happily play the victim card for him and say he's being singled out but his track record is a reason why he gets tougher treatment repeat offenders get worse sentences shouldn't really be that much of a shock.

Really he should know better but after that late winner emotions were obviously running high and really you should question the logic of sticking a camera and live microphone in front of a manager after that really that microphone should be on silent.

the fact they need a lip reader and a translator to me says that maybe they are trying a bit hard.

you basically need to be a protuguese lip reader who is also an easily offended football watcher to be upset by it.

The thing with the lip reader is if you listen to the clip the sound is very faint and you don't hear what he's said in full so it probably did need someone to come in and offer some expert advice.

The FA don't charge people unless they know they'll win so it's obvious he's getting done it's just a case of is it going to be a fine or will he get a ban based on his track record.

You assume all managers are made aware of the standards of behaviour that is expected from them during games.

The fact is he's decided to swear down a camera in a threatening way that's broadcasting to 100 million plus people around the world including countries that speak Portugese and he's been busted for it.

His only defence is the defence of well what about the other guy speeding when you've been pulled over for speeding and are banged to rights.

His team had just won in the last minute and he throws something else in to the mix. It’s like he can’t be settled unless there’s some negativity and antagonism in there somewhere. Doesn’t he take a day off from his antics?

So if we beat Chelsea then.....? ......Just once Jose. Just for once. Keep your mouth shut , smile and resist the temptation to criticise a player or make some controversial statement.

His team won in the last minute and he celebrated. When we went 3-2 I screamed ‘fuc*ing yes fuc*ing get in there. Fuc* you we’ve got this’

I honestly think having a go at someone having an emotional response at the end of a game they’ve come back from 2-0 down when they stakes were so high is ridiculous.

I was never a massive fan of Rooney’s but I also felt having a go at him for swearing down the camera was out of order. (Looking back we may have been 2-0 down and come back to 3-2 that day too)

The microphones pick up all sorts from the crowd etc. I think it's getting a bit ridiculous.

Are they tryng to make out there is no swearing at a football match.

There's a difference between swearing and making a threat that contains swear words down a camera.

The translation of what he said and apologies for the potty mouth is "F off sons of b*tches" and it's believed the message was aimed at the media.

I think a ban is OTT but I also think Mourinho has got to know better and control that it was clear he wanted to send a message and he probably didn't expect the microphone to be on.

I want this Mourinho though angry fired up Mourinho is the guy I've wanted since the day he arrived not this fake lovey dovey Mourinho.

The FA have appealed against the decision not to charge him with the comments made against Newcastle.

Has this happened before? A manager wins his case and the FA appeal against it?

I don't think Mourinho can even call it a win if they decided not to charge him.

I do think this has happened before but I cannot remember who it was for as it's basically the FA appealing against the decision of the independent panel.

To me dragging this out further is a complete waste of time and money but the FA don't like it when they don't get their own way as nearly every time they take something to these panels they win.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back